Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

ACCUSATION – A few content partners alleged a misogynistic work atmosphere by Channel Awesome.

FACT – Channel Awesome’s current and former female staff, including Tamara Chambers, Rachel Tietz, Aiyanna Wade, and Heather Reusz, have had vastly different experiences than the ones described. We are always trying to improve ourselves both personally and professionally and moving forward we will implement mandatory sensitivity training for all staff to ensure we maintain a culture of respect for all employees.

"You just smeared poo poo on my desk."

"Nu-uh, ask those girls I didn't put poo poo on their desks."

Edit:

quote:

ACCUSATION – Allison Pregler states “not a single person wasn’t miserable.”

FACT – In this video, you’ll find that Allison says that it “was a great production to be a part of. It was a lot of fun to be a part of this and Suburban Knights.”

Did Mike and the others think this was going to be like some sort of smoking gun they found to put the dissent to rest? Like "But you said everything was fine here in this video from years ago. NO TAKE-BACKSIES."

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The fact that one of the claims they were incensed about enough to outright deny (lie?) was the one about who owns the NC IP is very telling.

Like ignore some claims like the one about no catering on the set or address other claims by trying to deflect accusations by bringing up other people's experiences but trying to dilute and defame the NC IP? They just can't let that slide.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Bob gonna be real mad when Master Chief shows up in the new Smash because he was part of a package deal with Banjo-Kazooie.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The image in this tweet reflects the current state of Channel Awesome:

https://twitter.com/GiIvaSunner/status/983238347685613571

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ANNJakeH/status/984551871367884800

:smith:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Mashups of Smash reactions almost always have a large quantity of PoC re-...reacting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"Slain Phelous"

Phelous has it stated in his will that should he pass away beforehand, he wants Dave Coulier to conduct the funeral ceremony.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Do Mike, Rob and Doug have to give back the Golden YouTube Play Button if their subscriber count eventually drops bellow one million for a certain amount of time?

Does YouTube send hired goons to wrestle it from them if it's not mailed back?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005535390365712384
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005583250721402880
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005511156847370240
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005925675121958912

Eeeeeeeeeh.

I don't think video game industry you envision is ever going to be what you want man, barring a total and final collapse of capitalism creating a new paradigm in how we create and sell media.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Alaois posted:

Jonny Mac is the ultra-rare, almost never seen in the wild Pacifist Tankie, and he should be nurtured and kept in a terrarium to monitor his growth

This is actually the ultimate solution to avoiding violent conflict.

Encase everyone and everything within their own capsule-shields that are impossible to get in as well as get out of.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/CartridgeGames/status/1009956711397052416

We enacted gay marriage too early according to him.

We opened the blood gates before the time was at hand.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Alacron posted:

I remember when Ninja Theory tried to hype up their Devil May Cry reboot by saying that their Dante was a super cool loner like the bad guy from Chronicle, unlike old Dante who was a fag like the guys from Brokeback Mountain.

Yup.

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1010696683007586304

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Leal posted:

LGR talking about the Seasons expansion for Sims 4

I might get this just for the Simlish covers of pop songs.

It seems like with Seasons that The Sims 4 is finally at a point where it can stand by itself as a competent entry alongside the other three.

Which is why it's super understandable at the end of the review when he says there's rumors of a few more years of Sims 4 expansions coming because I feel like going into a potential Sims 5 and starting all over again would be the worst idea possible.

The Sims seems like a series that would benefit from not trying to make a numbered entry start over from scratch(?) every time which means things like seasons and vampires and poo poo that's already available to put in your Sims 3 game will take anywhere from one to almost four years to appear in 4.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So there's really no new Doug Walker news here that I got but it is Doug related?

Like I go to one specific nerd convention a year and he's been a guest here for like at least a half-decade if not more. A few months ago I assumed after there was no update on any of their social media about whether or not they were dropping him as the perennial "Guest of Honor" concerning the whole #Changethechannel that he was probably still showing up. And I was right I guess the deal was already done a while ago before all of that hit and they couldn't do anything.

But it gets worse because the awkwardness of it all extends beyond just Doug being there as a guest of honor. It extends all the way to the loving badges.

I picked up my badge today and he's right loving there on the badge looking miserable at a bar drinking. All the badges, every badge has this sour puss on them.

(Here's a tweet that has the best image quality of the badge I could find.)

https://twitter.com/JakeBayer3/status/1017474058764673024

Pearl looks loving pissed as poo poo.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Somebody make a backup of Mike J's latest video in case YouTube forcibly removes it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

KayTee posted:

Do you remember Too Human? I did, vaguely. What I didn't know was how badly Silicon Knights behaved surrounding the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TIfOKG74Q

Oh wow, seeing Lee in the comments of this vid made me feel really old cuz I have like no idea when the last time I thought about him was. It must have been like years.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Sorry in advance guys but after all the Bowsette stuff I yelled at God to show me something even more messed up and now it turns out Nagini the big snake from Harry Potter was actually a brainwashed Asian woman cursed to be a giant snake all this time.

https://twitter.com/rowlinglibrary/status/1044615407871643649

But maybe it's just canon for the movies and not the boo-

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1044579634581401600

Oh no Rowling that just makes things worse!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Leal posted:

As far as I know Nintendo showed that Toadette putting on a crown turned her into Peachette, so the internet took this a sign to take any mario related entity, put a crown on them, and it turns them into a chick with gigantic honking tits with -ette added to the end of their name.

It was, at the start just a standard feature that you could read into as, "Yeah we're not adding playable Peach because we ain't changing the ssstory she still has to get kidnapped but here's a way to play as 'A Peach' so there's no consequences."

But there were consequences, and this was the consequence.

So if you said there would be consequences for them trying to rear end-pull a way to make Peach semi-playable while still keeping with the status quo with the real Peach as the damsel in distress congratulations because you were in a sense right.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Roth posted:

Oh, I thought I knew this person. This is the youtuber that makes MLP critical videos and complains about the bad guys being redeemed being like encouraging school shooters or some poo poo like that.

Still if all the diamonds really do get redeemed by the end of the show without any consequences for the masses of lives they've ruined as well as the ones they've snuffed out totally over the millennia it's gonna feel really weird.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Jim Sterling is angry about something that isn't loot boxes for once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvhJIPot010

Just go all in and let me wear a Pizza Roll themed robe if I buy the 120 rolls pack.

Like if they make an Assisian's Creed game set in America again one day just, just partner up with KFC and give you the opportunity to blend into a crowd as literally Colonel Sanders. Go all in.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Boogie really is the soul of America made grossly manifest, ain’t he?

"There was a very good side effect that came out of us hunting down all the buffalo. It wasn't JUST part of us systematically destroying Native American life."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I guess I never noticed it before but apparently if you're a big corporation/company you don't have to have videos age-restricted. Like I'm looking at this one Netflix posted, their second most recent video at the time of this post and it is...not restricted. But it totally would be if it wasn't Netflix maybe perhaps?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ShirrakoGaming/status/1060191013803905025

"Please Jim help me get my channel back so I can post more videos of suffragettes getting punched and fed to alligators."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Those tweets are like that one "What happens when we don't/do talk about race!" Kelly but unironically.

Boogie looks at that cartoon and is like, "Yeah, yeah that IS what happens."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It feels like Rowling was bit by Lucas during a full moon and despite her best intentions somehow creates retcons that would have made George blush.

And if she doesn't get the bite treated it's going to get worse until we find out in the final Fantastic Beasts movie that everything that transpires in the original series was set into motion by a time-traveling, mind-reading Fang, the true Fantastic Beast.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm not sure a bunch of random tweets amount to full on retcons. Unless she actually goes back and rewrites the books she's not doing anymore damage than any given fan fiction writer ever has. (and BOY did they try!)

I'm talking more about what she's adding with these new movies, which don't happen within the world of the books or maybe they do?

Or maybe only some parts will? Like for instance what the ending in the newest FB movie insinuates that there were actually four Dumbledore siblings this whole time.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Leal posted:

Now YOU can also be <insert your favorite online personality here> in the Sims!

Sims 4 has really come a long way from 2014, adding in the missing stuff from previous entries and the like.

It really makes you wonder, who would a Sims 5 even be for at this point? And by that I mean a Sims 5 as a title with an entirely new engine that throws out everything they built over the past half-decade just to include whatever new features they would want to focus on.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Scrap the whole Fantastic Beasts plot-line you tried to have going and if you still want to make movies in the Harry Potter world because you need that cash, just make them about the characters we really want to see expanded on.

Like Neville's Grandmother.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i am a bethesda fanboy and they hosed up bad on this. what sucks is i heard the lore is actually pretty good but if they can't make the gameplay fun or run or quests, then gently caress that poo poo.

The fact that one of the big enemies is (seemingly, I haven't seen any in-depth model skeleton comparisons it just looks so got-drat the same) a reskinned Skyrim dragon is just...

It's not bad, that they reused something like that games reuse assets all the time hell most if not all entertainment and artistic mediums reuse things from their own previous works whether intentional or not.

It's just so very...interesting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Demonetized on account of Other Joe's boxer shorts.

I really would like to see someone do a deep dive comparison on the makeup of the Scorched Beasts to the Skyrim Dragons to see just how accurate it is when we say that they literally dropped Skyrim Dragons into the Wasteland.

Because like I've said elsewhere it's not a bad thing in theory that they would take an already existing asset from a previous work and put it into a new product. Pretty much every creative medium in history does that. But 76 is such a toxic product and the discourse around it is so acidic that it unintentionally becomes something to lambast by association I guess. Like if this were just a piece of wacky Fallout 4 DLC hunting Americana Cryptids and the payoff was "Holy poo poo it's like a dragon from Skyrim, the Madmen did it." the response would probably have been more positive.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

So will Kinder Eggs and blind bagged hipster vinyl toys and cereal boxs with toys inside you can't see.

Kinder Eggs were considered contraband here in the US for years and we just kinda, sorta got them back!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Paladin posted:

It's funny that the artists are all running back to internet-ancient places like newgrounds and deviant art. They're going to need a way to link to each other by shared interests. A ring of websites... a sort of "web ring" if you will.

Maybe internet 4.0 is just going to be internet 1.0 glued together using internet 3.0.

Someone look in the Internet Garage and see if you can find one of those old "Anime Girl with pink-hair in a sailor outfit waving you over" standees.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Paladin posted:

Went on gifcities.org and found them immediately.

Very nice.

It's lonely truckin' on the Anime Web Turnpike. Sometimes it's nice to see a familiar sign.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dawgstar posted:

I expect sometime in the near future it's just going to be Pewds singing 'Springtime for Hitler.'

And then they're finally able to get him on copyright charges.

Just like they did with that one white-nationalist channel today. Couldn't get McInnes on hate speech, but they got him on copyright.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At least we know Culkin won't be appearing on the IRATE GAMER show due to how Bores feels about Hollywood occult symbols and Satan and pizza and the like.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress ever happened to him? didn't he end up admitting that he was big fat phoney or some poo poo.

A toy review channel, with a persona that's his voice coming out of a Minecraft puppet.

Yes I'm serious.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

sexpig by night posted:

yea it's a genuinely really neat video to illustrate the holes and patches your memory can make. A kinda sweet if a bit creepy harmless kid's fairy tale short became 'a horrible clock monster tormented a child for no reason' over time.

I'm glad this short about being crushed to death by your own hand in an egg that Nickelodeon used to play years ago is easily available to find so I could confirm it was exactly how I remembered it. Dude was crushed to death in an egg by his own hand...I think?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i sorta agree with his opinion on we happy few though i am less harsh on it i guess. like its by no means perfect but after a ton of patches it was playable. its more of weird oddity then awful poo poo game. the biggest issue i have with the game is that its trying to be to many things for to many people.

I loving FORGOT We Happy Few came out this year that's how long a year it's been. And it makes even less sense because the game came out in August and that was like less than half a year ago. I guess we just went from one video game disaster set piece to another and WHF barely had time to linger around the mindpace. Now that I'm reminded of it I remember that they had sold a season pass for DLC right when the game came out as well which still hasn't come out right?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'd rather have someone believe the Earth was flat than believe that secret Satan Jews are eating little kids and wearing their faces while also deceiving people about the Earth being flat by using holograms and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/pottermore/status/1081242428105998336

I am glad this particular point is still something Rowling has not gone back on and instead doubles down on it when called out.