Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MonsieurChoc posted:

I love both theatre and wrestling and I wanna those wrestling Shakespeare storylines.

Hulk Hogan as King Lear.

I've had a friend suggest with 100% seriousness that Mick Foley would be an amazing King Lear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It's a podcast as opposed to a YouTube series, but System Mastery is consistently entertaining and find the most BONKERS old terrible roleplaying games.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

BigRed0427 posted:

Can we put Boogie aside for a moment and talk about the idea of competitive DnD? Like...how the gently caress does that work?

They are trying to make it DOTA and it is going to be an insane trainwreck.

quote:

How is it Played?

The full rules for RPGSports will be released shortly after our next round of Playtesting. We dont claim to have created perfect balance, nor is that our aim, as every competitive game has an element of strategy. Were also implementing MOBA-esque mechanics such as a Pick/Ban phase to help expand the strategy. Weve been working closely with over a dozen talented DMs to create 15 pre-generated characters from which the players will choose, and adapt the pre-existing Dungeons & Dragons: fifth edition rules.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Terrible Opinions posted:

Why is it that the biggest true crime podcast is also the grossest slimiest one. Like really if anyone listens to it they should just go with Casefiles instead.

Sword and Scale is small change compared to My Favorite Murder, if were talking sheer audience.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I feel like there's a pretty sharp divide in true crime fandom between atrocity tourists and actual bad people. I can't fathom tuning into a podcast because it plays full 911 calls.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I Before E posted:

I'd never heard of this Griffin guy before this but his takes rule, love to see someone standing up for Ang Lee's Hulk

Hes real loving good in the recent live-action The Tick show.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What high-profile and generally well-regarded series has had a satisfying ending? I've heard Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad, but I've never seen them. It seems like most shows that become a big deal in pop culture have widely disliked or unsatisfying endings. I liked Lost and Battlestar Galactica at the end, but most people didn't.

Justified got a solid six seasons that went out well. I also really enjoyed the way that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ended.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Junpei Hyde posted:

Japan has had plenty of wrestlers like goldust lmao

Danshoku Dino is a literal walking gay panic joke, not to mention Razor Ramon Hard Gay.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

People still hate Jeff Gerstmann for giving Twilight Princess an 8.8

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

NOFX got kicked off a festival named after one of their own songs because they made jokes about the Las Vegas shooting victims IN VEGAS.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dawgstar posted:

Jones' character is also the one that acts most like a real person, which really helps.

This. Everyone else felt like a sketch character. Patty was weird, yeah, but she had human connections.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Darwyn Cooke was America's greatest mangaka, RIP.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

stillvisions posted:

That garum video kinda annoys me because he kinda missed the main point for the sake of the video. The dude talked about garum, the history of it, the importance of fermentation and then decided to chuck that out the window and make fish stock and pretend it was garum based on an ancient life hack. That video was like someone talking about homemade wine, deciding that was too hard or smelly to make and pretending grape juice was the same thing. It is interesting to see we're all getting the same recommended vids though.

I had this guy recommended to me when I was looking for ancient Roman food recipes and the above bothered me too, along with his strong theater kid energy. Thankfully the next thing The Algorithm recommended to me was Historical Italian Cooking, which is just an unseen meaty-handed Italian guy making ancient Roman and medieval recipes. It loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, if grapes made your house smell like a corpse pit yea homemade wine would be pretty uncommon. Have you actually ever been around a place fermenting fish?

Also that ancient life hack was likely the most accurate way most of Rome got their stuff anyway, unless you think every Roman household had a big pot of fermenting fish in the back. Spoiler alert, the ancient sauce is indeed just kinda a boosted stock, that's how most sauces began. You're gonna lose your poo poo when you find out veloute is just roux with fish stock.

Most garum was mass produced because of that overpowering aroma. There are tons of garum factory ruins all over the Western Mediterranean.