Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I was going to go to bed a few hours ago and then checked this thread and I found out about Justin turning out to be a sleazeball. :aaaaa: This is just terrible. Terrible. I feel awful that I looked up to Jewwario when I should not have.

FoldableHuman posted:

After all, Justin functionally settled the issue himself, and there's complicated issues specifically when it comes to managing the risk factor that is the GamerGate crowd...

...I have little doubt that by the time I get home tonight I'll have between a dozen and two hundred messages accusing me of all sorts of stuff simply by proximity. The self-contradicting narratives are already starting to brew, looking for a witch to hunt.

On top of it all, it pisses me off so much Gamergate scumbags coming out of the woodwork again to assert their lovely, disgusting dominating personalities to prove how right they are about... about... I don't even know what they gently caress they're trying to say. One of them has used a screenshot of the above post in which FoldableHuman predicts that he'll be accused of poo poo to accuse FoldableHuman of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/984812545637728256

Agggg :bang: This fucker on twitter is willfully ignoring the fact that GG people are well known to harass women. I know exactly what FoldableHuman means by "the risk factor that is the GamerGate crowd". He means that they loving harass and threaten people's lives (specifically women who accuse men of sexual misconduct). And now this shithead is acting like none of that poo poo ever happened?! :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

business hammocks posted:

CA management on the other hand revealed that they knew the whole time, chose not to contact any authorities, and tried to monetize the abuser’s death.

I especially love how this fact looks in relation to this part of the Not So Awesome document:

Dr gonzo posted:

So my first thought is he's [Mike Michaud] already got something planned. But then he follows that up with “Nobody know who you are. They won't care about anything you're gonna put together. We're gonna have Doug or Lewis or someone put something together. Someone people actually come here to see.” ...
... I could even see his thought process: What's the only thing that sells better than sex? Death. He was thinking someone who never heard of CA finding this tribute and going “Oh, someone on this site killed themselves? What's that about? And what's this website he worked on?” It was never about the loss, it was about PROMOTING THE BRAND.

It's strange how Dr.Gonzo's outrage here is ignorant of the horrible truth yet also accurate.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

Sarcopenia posted:

I know Dan has already seen this because he responded to it but it still skeeves me out to post that kind of thing about someone we know reads this thread.

You mean me, or whoever it was that screencapped it and put it on twitter? Either way, sorry. :smith: It just makes me really angry that FoldableHuman has to deal with this poo poo.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord
Phake Phelan phound

https://twitter.com/Phelous/status/987751764685443073

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord
Did anyone notice Sara appreciating Klassic SomethingAwful Fashion SWAT in the midnight screening for Deadpool 2?

https://youtu.be/SwG_SX5Uerc?t=14m34s

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

Alacron posted:

Don't know if it was for a video but they apparently hung out together
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/999442109374414849

There were some differences of opinion
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/999485400589549569

I need one of those Kylo shirts :swoon:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

CelticPredator posted:

Kylo Ren is in a place called “Star Wars Launch Bay” where you can meet the characters from the film. I watched a video last night which took place earlier this week, and they showed the line waits for each of the characters and it’s kinda sad when you look into it.

Chewie has a 30 minute wait time, Vader, 10 minutes, Kylo also 10....Rey...5 minutes. :smith:

Poor Disneyland Rey. No one wants to see you.

It's also worth noting that Chewie, Vader, and Kylo have more of a costume aspect and make use of recorded dialogue in such a way that it's more "magical". You can pretend that it's "really" them.
Rey is just a normal cosplaying human. v:geno:v

If Disney ever has to do away with Kylo's mask (since it's already gone in canon), it's gonna be tough finding a cast member to match Adam Driver's uglyhot unique face. And no one will be satisfied.

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 24, 2018

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord
This weekend I watched some reviews by Bobsheaux having not really heard of him before. I liked some of his reviews but I can't seem to get beyond his... cringe factor. He seems arrogant, does the "angrily screaming at movie" thing a lot, and integrates his furry lifestyle into his videos. I do not need commentary from his furry bird girlfriend's fursona nor references to yiffing nor cutaway gags to furry art.

Am I being a kink-shaming bitch to feel this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

is a small town
Buglord

Mr.Radar posted:

Apparently the people in this thread aren't the only ones sick of Star Wars chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENPSTkTeSw&t=26s

Linkara's normally pretty chill during his intros, for him to get this worked up (even in character) takes a lot :stare:

Oh lordy, watching that introduction was supremely satisfying. For a whole year, the Star Wars fandom on YouTube has been a toxic garbage dump, and Linkara just put into words and tone how I feel about it, the frustration that the hate started and never stopped and I am so so loving sick of it. It feels good to hear someone literally screaming at the YouTube comments section for once.