Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I might be reading a bit too much into it, but Contra's America: Still Racist video seems to indicate she's run out of patience with the alt-right, so this whole debate seems a little dated. Very last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

the YMS guy after they started going full chud

What did he do? I've only started watching his videos recently, and I haven't noticed anything in particular.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

He mostly keeps it out of YMS stuff, but they also do streams and LPs where boy are they unpleasant in those often enough. He's gone on "The essjooz!" screeds, he's got some friend or another who's glad to drop slurs at random and they don't make a peep about it, gets into the really tired kind of edgy bullshit attitude, just whew did that all turn me off of them pretty bad.

Good to know, thanks.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

my parents boyfriend posted:

I just covered a neckbeard story and for some reason nothing loses me subscribers quite like using a trans person's preferred pronouns. Maybe that says something about some of my audience. Most of them are great, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYJQKsXybc

That's a decent (in that repulsive way) story, but I'm not sure what "feminazi legbeard tendencies" means.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Jordan Peterson does story analysis? But he's not that kind of humanities professor - he's a clinical psychologist.

Of course, he's also not a philosophy professor, but he's never let that stopped him from calling his ideas "philosophy", so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he'd delve into other areas for which he's ill-equipped.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I recall one of the Bard's Tale games was centred around a chosen one narrative... Only there were a bunch of chosen ones running around, all prophesied to defeat the great evil. Turns out the good guys were just telling every gullible idiot they could find that they were the chosen one, and just hoping one of them would get lucky enough to get the job done.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

cugel posted:

I always wear my garlic necklace, true fact!

Unless you're French, that's cultural appropriation. :colbert:

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

CmdrKing posted:

Even within that though, provided the choice between brutally killing the girls Manson manipulated into his service, or brutally killing Charles Manson, widely considered among history’s greatest monsters? Going with the former feeling gross and worth pointing out seems like a pretty natural reaction. I can absolutely see finding Tarantino’s choice pretty suspect.

It doesn't look great when set alongside the Hateful Eight, honestly.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

watho posted:

god i loving hated hateful eight

After I finished watching it, my immediate thought was "How was this the same director who made Jackie Brown?"

And then, "Maybe I don't remember Jackie Brown as well as I think I do."

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

It also has the slowest chase scene in the history of cinema, and not in a good way.

But there's a ton of stuff I love about the movie, too - the biggest of which is getting Rey away from the Skywalker bloodline.

I guess TLJ is a land of contrasts.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Only time I've ever been in a movie theatre and people clapped at the end was after the early screening of Fellowship of the Ring, and that's because it was a theatre full of fantasy nerds who'd been waiting for that movie their whole lives so I couldn't really hold it against them.*

(I also clapped.)

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

Hey all. Been a few months of silence for me since my Blazing Saddles video blew up, but I just finished a little something up.

Animal Crossing and Semiocapital

Yes, I was not able to just loving shut my brain up and enjoy the cute animal game, the only source of respite I have, in my quarantine hovel. Hope y'all ejoy!

I mostly lurk this thread, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this. This sort of media critique is very much my jam, so thanks. (It also helps I've been playing a stupid amount of this game lately.)

And I'm glad you were able to fight off the 'rona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Which lead to some unintentional comedy recently. A guy (Jae Lee) did a cover for ComicsGate lord high doofus Ethan Van Sciver and Tom King led the charge for condemning Lee on Twitter. It was only after King blew up Twitter running Lee down that he actually talked to Lee directly and found, whoops, Lee is only barely online, is not a part of CG and only did it because he was asked and was clueless about CG's shenanigans otherwise. Tom was quick to point out 'we're good now, all good' and Lee responded later that things were most certainly not all good because this sort of thing has consequences.

So the ex-CIA dude is not, in fact, good at gathering information.

You're leaving out the most cringey part of this, which is that when this blew up Jae Lee had just lost a family member. What was meant to be a day of mourning for him and his wife instead turned into a day of dealing with internet drama because Tom decided to take the issue to twitter instead of, y'know, contacting Jae Lee directly to get his side of things.

So that was cool.