Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am honestly more of an Assasins creed fan than i am a kojima.

...like in terms of gameplay, plot or meta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Was it The Quartering who got kicked out of a like MtG con for being a giant shithead?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That was the first time I'd ever heard of him and it really set the tone for his entire career trajectory. "Man kicked out of card game con because he couldn't stop being the dumbest man in whatever room he walked in."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

He organized a harassment campaign of a female cosplayer because how dare the women be in our cardflopping etc and got banned from all sanctioned MtG stuff. There's a happy note there too, as somebody from Magic Online completely on their own picked up on that and then banned him there. That's when he tried to make new friends at the Stormer.

There's also a bit about how he was "attacked" by somebody at GenCon and started a lawsuit against them but the story is so full of holes and I've only ever heard his side of it. Now he spends his days wheeling his cart into the Outrage Mines to present the stupidest takes you can imagine about Brie Larson or trying and miserably failing to Start Something with people like SonicFox.

Oh poo poo I think I remember that. Something about him getting punched in the face and when he went to his hotel to mop himself up they told him to "gently caress off, nazi" and his money refunded. Some it that might be embellishment but I hope it's real because that dude deserves to get constantly owned and humiliated by life.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ProZD is both hilarious and perfectly encapsulating Yoko Taro fans.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The truth is in the middle of this *holds up my hand*

it's my middle finger.

Anime is good. ProZD is the best.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Junpei prepping the sixer:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

What is Creed anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnkuBUAwfe0

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

inglorious bastards and django unchained came out recently and do the same poo poo

the only reason people whine about Mel Brooks films not being around anymore is because Mel Brooks is 200 years old and constant gag films are too risky for big budget studios on people who they can't guarantee their 600+ gags per film will be funny to a mass audience

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

SNESDrunk did a rundown of a handful of obscure games that are at least decent, often in weird places, that you might never have heard of. Captain Blood sounds crazy nuts ambitious for a 1988 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re4LscGAow8&hd=1

Huh nice. Kinda tempted to try that 3DO JRPG but would definitely try Ogre Battle 64.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good point keep talkin posted:

uhhhh Street Fighter 2 is pretty well known dude

In the first one he covers Doom II on GBA - his point wasn't that the games aren't known, it's that the platforms they end up on are surprising to some. He specifically says in the video that peoples minds were blown when he first mentioned it was on the SNES!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well Jojo Rabbit just came out, which Brooks himself came out and said was great. So even then, there's still movies in that vein coming out.

Ooh, fair. I am terrible at watching films in the cinema, so I'm really not someone to talk about box office success per se. Good to know it has the Brooks endorsement, too. Cheers!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I admit I've not played Gothic but I'm assuming you meant ponce.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

watho posted:

no i mean in japan, last time i was at yodobashi camera which was in 2016 the psp section was bigger than the xbox sections

wow in Japan the old Japanese handheld outperformed the US console with no exclusives in a generation? frightening to think

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

watho posted:

you really don’t see what’s interesting about a 12 year old console living on to exclusively cater to a very specific audience? wouldn’t you find it interesting if you found out that physical games were still being released for the xbox 360 and they were all point and click adventures or something?

I mean I think it's a good thing, but primarily because hardware capable of playing on after all these years seems like a perfectly normal thing to keep using, especially if the games don't require real-time VR level graphics? In contrast my Xbox One hasn't been turned on in years because gently caress-all was released for it and the exclusives all kinda sucked, to be honest. I use the PS4, Switch and PC - I only even remember I bought that Xbox One in times like this as the dumbest purchase I made in that generation. Whereas my sister had a PSP and only stopped using it a few years ago when I gave her a Vita as present.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh my b, thought you were being "KIDS THESE DAYS"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Is there some forums lore I'm missing?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fsmhunk posted:

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not, am I being the dick here?

Your post implies that people who suggest anime isn't entirely shite or a paedo's domain are unnecessarily leaping to arms.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Salazar-sama-tan, I hear you have opinions on slavery in video games.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

First they came for slave harem anime and I wouldn't loving shut up because otherwise negativity wins.

Hello everyone it's me, forums poster Ghostlight who decided to download a loving slave harem anime to wank to and then whine when people suggest there are anime that aren't about choking the chicken to rape.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

continuing to insist on posting decorum as it becomes clearer and clearer that I will go to the mat for child sexual exploitation in anime

I mean you could stop seeding the lolicon hentai, if it upsets you to keep watching it

Ghostlight posted:

wow real hosed up of you ghostlight.

I will never apologise

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

watho posted:

it’s a speed situation where an anime studio has a bomb planted in it that blows up if they go for longer than 5 minutes without focusing on a teenager’s rear end or tits in one of their shows

sounds like an anime studio you can easily avoid the works of

or is this a clockwork orange situation

in which case MODS??? this poster is calling the Japanese... people, I guess? authoritarian or something, ban their rear end

but not the rest of them I wanna see them poop assless

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

excuse me sir but if you had watched the entire no bopu ri wana special edition as you claim, you would know that scenes with small children tied naked to chairs and whipped account for no more than 16% of the total runtime, and furthermore

you do know the FBI don't fall for this performative poo poo, right

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

[logs on to something is awful dot net]

fellow not paedofiles, I'm so glad we can meet in this, the forum wehre we do not trade the terrible medium

I just want to say how DISGUSTED I am by such a horrible collection of images too disgusting to say how disgusted I am because of the disgusting nature

any way, I must see you all a while from now, please do not attempt to instant message me for my IM is disabled while I have the VPN active

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly I have to agree with their decision, much as I loved DBZA. They were clearly showing mission creep on their vids, and KN's videos about the effort into each episode made it become glaringly obvious how goddamn hard it was to keep it going. Given how regular copyright claims are, why would you put that much effort into a production that gets your (highly successful) channel banned?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

i am tim! posted:

Getting murdered by a kid Goku during one of his Red Ribbon Army Arc rampages was an invention of TFS, though. Gero’s son was killed by a bullet at some point, which is a surprisingly fragile death for Dragon Ball!

I figured that was just part of their running gag of Goku inadvertently causing tragedies. Like when he took "just a little more" for the spirit bomb on Namek and killed a planet of innocent creatures.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

so basically pick fate/zero or fate UBW out of a hat to start with and go from there?

sounds cool

Personally I started on the 2006 F/SN anime and think it's a gentle enough introduction.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

I think the Saiyan saga is legit the only DBZ saga that doesn't feature systematic genocide

Didn't Nappa wipe out a significant number of people while waiting for Goku to show up?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They also blew up a planet of bugs.

But nobody really cared about bug planet anyway.

I wonder if that was undone by the wish on Namek to bring back anyone killed by Frieza and his forces, given Nappa was technically still working for Frieza at the time.

...if it did then it wouldn't bring back the planet, mind you, so I guess they'd just all pop back into existence in the middle of space and die again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Goku died for his sins.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Takoluka posted:

The only thing you have to know about Fate is that it basically erased Tsukihime from existence and is therefore trash.

CmdrKing posted:

On the other hand, how many people would have remembered Tsukihime for its anime, which is arguably worse than any of the Fate anime? Perhaps being erased is the more merciful option.

(Alternate Joke: That's unfair! Arc was in Fate/Extra!)

I have no idea what you're talking about, Fate did not in any way erase the greatest nasuverse anime of all time, Carnival Phantasm, from existing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I always figured after a certain level of success your comments are just going to be covered in turd-flinging howler monkeys regardless of how good or bad any video is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sydin posted:

But then uh something something spirit portals and suddenly there are airbenders everywhere!

I have a really lovely memory because I just remember Season 1: Amon, Season 2: Spirits???, Season 3-4: some anarchist guy was in prison?? And then the final scene.

I should really rewatch this series at some point *throws Korra into the backlog I stored in the Marianas Trench, raising the pile to 200m above sea level*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Im rewatching korra rn and it's pretty good tbh but also it would have been better if it was just a sports anime

which season are you on

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smdh so many people abandoning jim sterling after realising he's fat

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Leal posted:

Wait Jim was fat this whole time?!

he hid it so well by having a decent personality, I know so many people were heartbroken when they found out

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I feel the need to point out I'm making a joke, please do not probate me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Senerio posted:

Seriously. Did he like come out as gay and make it seem like that was the source of the backlash, like Spacey did?

Well I presume it wasn't the "all his accusers mysteriously die" part.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

How do the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona series actually interlink, outside of pages of Wikipedia bullshit that overcomplicates it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I know it's cliché but I'm somewhat curious as to what you mean by neoliberal, there.