Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Oh neat Noah Cadwell-Gervais revisted Dying Light, I better go tell the thre-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

There's a channel that does terrible creepypasta readings with the playlist name "Bad Creepypasta" with one of the earlier videos including an english teacher as a guest.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Dabir posted:

what's this now?

2 days off before the 1 year anniversary of Kim Justice's vid doc on Duke Nuken Forever.

Other "Randy Pitchford loves Duke Nukem and Borderlands too much" escapades:
The Sega vs Gearbox lawsuit over Aliens Colonial Marines
A duke nukem 3D remake cancled because it would make DNF look bad imedatily instead of the "oh god I went through the game" slowburn. The team involved in the remake later made the Rise of the Triad remake and Bombshell.
Rereleasing Bulletstorm with a Duke Nukem DLC that is literally a model swap and voice lines with the DNF Duke model.
Spite remark: Murdering Brothers in Arms by turning it into the prototype of Borderlands even if said prototype was cancled.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Ross made an update video.

Summary: There's still mold in the house, Ross has a loud enough voice that homemade soundproofing doesn't work, we might get a 4th of July Game Dungeon since he got the temporary living room setup to work (everything else is still on hold), he has some faith in the renovation (but a new crack appeared), someone with real estate knowlege in this thread please elaborate more on Ross' renting situation.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

sexpig by night posted:

yea if anything Battle is the way weaker part of the OG Jojos, Phantom Blood is fuckin sick.

How can you say that when Joseph has "Your next line is..."?

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I don't remember the threads opinion of Good Bad Flicks. Anyway, in this video he covers a 1988 movie about a failed marriage, a cop drama and during all of this a voodoo monster that chops people's heads off with an electrified sword called Headhunter.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Bad news for future lessions from Eric:

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

From two pages ago:

Hel posted:

Watching Campsters video on Prey: Mooncrash and listening to him describe the game makes me thinks it's some kind of systemic take on Forbidden Siren games, which sounds pretty cool. Having different characters inhabit and deal with the same space and problems in a way the affects the others is always neat. Resetting the spaces with corruption is also similar to how the Forbidden Siren games changed up the enemy(and sometimes items & world) layout on repeat playthroughs or just when playing a different characters who passes through a short time later. Though it's interesting how he brings up that most of these games let's you bypass the systems way too easily and doesn't actually encourage you to engage with them, they are there but nothing is nudging you towards them. Has anyone made a neat retrospective on the Forbidden Siren games? I feel like the fact that 2 didn't get a release in the US and people laughing at the British dub dampens the discussion of the series on the English speaking internet.

NitroRad covered all three Siren games for Halloween 2016 on his channel. He also covered the Silent Hill games for 2014 and 2015 Halloween.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Out of spite of The Happytime Murder's existence, Mike and SusanJay do their annual HitB catchup.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Goa Tse-tung posted:

im sorry we can't let even you gently caress the flag

Trumphuggingaflag.png

Meanwhile RLM discuss a werewolf movie that came in the mail one day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nQYdtaH41k

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Remember when someone brought up Dead Meat? The channel is doing a trial run of comparing the Theater and Producer Cuts of films starting with Halloween 6.

Edit: Misremembered the channel's name by applying the name of the Kill Count videos the channel does.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 3, 2018

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Max Wilco posted:

That's not a cursed image.

This is a cursed image:
*facial hairless Walker*

Those aren't cursed.

This is cursed

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Nitro Rad is going to cover the Clock Tower games for the rest of this year's Halloween Special. He also did Rule of Rose right before Clock Tower; but I don't want to link to that one because it's the survival horror game where children are horrible to each other and is the incarnation of :stonk: and :smith:.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

BigRed0427 posted:

Can we put Boogie aside for a moment and talk about the idea of competitive DnD? Like...how the gently caress does that work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Ross talks about Halloween games before the actual episode RIP intro

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Raycevick covers Bodycount and BLACK.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Eli Roth missed an opportunity have Mike on the Ghost Stories episode for the former's History of Horror.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

People that still like :cadfan: are gonna be upset.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

"Bizzaro genre fiction is already :allbuttons:, what more is one themed around :tvtropes:?"-The alt-right shithead thoughts while writing the book picutred.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 4, 2019

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

That's how I feel about the entire Bizzaro genre. What's bizzaro, I hear you ask with utter regret in your voices?

WHY THE gently caress IS THERE STILL A WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE ABOUT THE GENRE? ITS A GENRE OF LITERAL :nws: posted:

Bizzaro Fiction is a contemporary literary genre, which often uses elements of absurdism, satire, and the grotesque, along with pop-surrealism and genre fiction staples, in order to create subversive, weird, and entertaining works.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

*IN CASE OF GOONS LEARNING THINGS THEY DIDNT WANT TO LEARN ABOUT BREAK GLASS*
Let's argue about a british man giving up on Metro Exodus due to various reasons instead.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Groverbath is a Doom .wad now, so I'm expecting mod reviewer IcarusLiv3s to be baffled at BathDoom's existence when the eventual video comes out.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

In which Civvie covers episode 3 of DUSK after getting yelled at by one of the devs. No seriously:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1105331235008573440

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

"Fortnite has no lootboxes"-Yeetforce Ocho, completly ignoring that Fortnite's Save the World mode has lootboxes.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

This isn't the first time a RLM collaboration wasn't included in full:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et6QLISlFL8

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Unlucky7 posted:

I am sorry for the off topic, but what is going on with Resetera?

Long version: A user posted on NeoGAF about joining a invite-only private channel in the ResetEra discord and found pedophiles discussing pedophile things. The storyteller then contacted the admin of ResetEra and posted evidence of the pedophiles. Which the admin then ignored all evidence of and thought this was the storyteller angry over being banned from the ResetEra forums.

Short version:

A big flaming stink posted:

So basically Mods Knew

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Ross covers the game from the end of his Nyet 3 video that he couldn't play due to not knowing German. The reason he can play it now is because a fan made a translation program.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 30, 2019

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Dragonatrix posted:

Black Spine episode 3! And this time they pick by playing Jenga totally-original-game Junka.

After 9 years and 11 months, the true source of the "dirty cowboy video" mod challenge appeared. Thanks RLM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_IQA9Zbow

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

How bad would Mike's reaction be to both the KDF and Starfleet storylines of Star Trek Online?

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

After Civvie became friend of the retro fps thread he attempts to become a friend of the Rougelike thread with Nightmare Reaper.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Captain Invictus posted:

would a general LPer/streamer thread be appropriate or would folks like Alpharad, PJDiCesare, WoolieVS etc go here too? I watch a fair amount of various youtube folks but I'm by no means an expert on them, but will make a thread if that would work better than discussing them here.

There was one in Let's Play but it might be a good idea to make a new thread instead.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Frylock would never cheer this on, where is the Master Shake costume?

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well that and an elephant broke that ladies leg and they kept all that footage of the elphant breaking the boat and breaking her leg. i mean the movie is ghostbusters 2016 level of improvisation. " gently caress it, just film the actors in scary circumstancis and than right a story around the animals improv". and that zebra.

It's kinda hosed up learning from Good Bad Flicks' video on Roar that the scene where the daughter is screaming NOEL repeatedly was actually the dad director ignoring the safeword that everyone agreed is when to stop filming on the first time it was used.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Here's a summary for those who don't want to watch Logan "Lets disrepect Japanese culture and then make a video where I show a dead body don't mind my croctears when I get called out" Paul:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ninchekaba/status/1153528234824404992

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 23, 2019

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Everytime I see that video posted my brain thinks

Ghostlight posted:

That Ishtar trailer gets me every time.

But it's because of the time RLM ended one of their Movie-a-thons with Jay playing that trailer at various speeds for an hour.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Tevis Thompson's website posted:

5. Dead Cells

Sometimes your first impressions are wrong.  I too found Dead Cells enthralling in the beginning.  You stab and shoot and dodge and go: oh this.  But the more I played, the less this mattered.  What does this serve?
We still care too much about gamefeel.  See Destiny.  See also Celeste.  There’s something icky about the way game critics fetishize it.  That luscious feedback, that perfect extension of your will, that zone you wish to stay in forever.  Gross.
I’m not here for your goodfeeling weapons.  I’m here for enemies that gently caress with my feelings.  I’m here for encounters.  But Dead Cells has no taste for that.  Most of its enemies are locked to their tiny platforms, pacing like caged tigers, awaiting slaughter.  It’s all discrete and exploitable.  There’s no real dynamism.  That precious this becomes rote.  Nothing accumulates.
Except your cells, of course.  Because Dead Cellsnever wants you to leave empty-handed.  The metagame is all reassuring progress and new toys.  It’s a people-pleaser wrapped in a hardcore skin.  It’s roguelike comfort food, which goes against the whole point of randomness and permanent death.  I don’t even care about getting good.  I’m here for chance and uncertainty.  I’m here to feel our contingency.  And this game feeling, this, is not here.

As I read his wrong opinions, a simple phrase keeps coming to mind.

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I looked up both Duke Nukem 3D and Alien Force' release dates and now I legitimately can't tell if Duke's pose is a chicken or egg situation.
Edit: Look at Alien Force's cover and tell me which you think came first.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 6, 2019

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Oh thank god Jay and Jay's Dad came to save us from a full derail into Shield Hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNYF6XmsRJM

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

OldMemes posted:

Jack has grown on me, I don't get why people don't like him - he was good with Rich Evans on Previously Recorded, and he's a good foil to the core Mike/Jay/Rich group on Best of the Worst.

One reason that people are hesitant of liking Jack is because of the gently caress Bot 5000 character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I memoryholed the TV Tropes threads but I think what broke goons the most was someone's fanfiction about Homestuck and magical something. Not even the goon that made a .pdf about a troper's something club with a line that became the .pdf's name wanted to comment on it.