Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Darth Walrus posted:

the cancelled CA tenth anniversary special would have been based on Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.

Ten bad reviewers at the end of the thread;
Good thing the CA film is definitely dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

stillvisions posted:

Ten little Critics standin' in a line,
One had a twitter war and then there were nine;

Nine little Critics during gamergate,
One got harrassed and then there were eight.

Eight little Critics, dream job in heaven.
One had surgery and then there were seven;

Seven little Critics using camera tricks,
One got a Patreon and then there were six.

Six little Critics all posting live,
One investigated 8chan and then there were five;

Five little Critics on the basement floor,
One asked for water and then there were four.

Four little Critics on a filming spree,
One missed a video and then there were three;

Three little Critics doing what they do,
One heard nothing and then there were two

Two little Critics sitting in the sun,
One read the google doc and then there was one;

One little Critic livin' all alone,
He took all the revenue and then there were none.

:drat:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

If this is just a long-con to get Ster Lust as his new intro music, he could just skip the bit that involves loving up his own health further. I'm sure folks wouldn't mind.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KayTee posted:

It's all building up to a match between Jim and Sterdust with Duke Amiel Du H’ardcore as Special Referee.

Bring on the Cornflake Homunculus and have an 8-man elimination tag match against Mick Foley, Mankind, Dude Love and Cactus Jack

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

Can people put spoilers over the Star Wars talk. Because I haven't seen the movie and it would be way easier to know what I can just scroll past it.

What'd be nicer is if it was in a loving Star Wars thread, where it belongs, instead of still going on in here for no goddamn reason.

If only someone could post some relevant content to make it sto-- oh wait that just happened and got ignored:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh poo poo, it's a new Best Of The Worst, but now with a NEW GIMMICK!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1je3wob5JA

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mr Phillby posted:

Hey man no need to be jealous just because you Americans were so poo poo at games that a single bad film tie in tanked your entire industry while we had a thriving home computer/demo scene.

This is both incredibly true and reminds me of that presentation Ashens did about Hareraiser a while back.

Not to say that's really equivalent or anything, mind.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kim Justice posted:

Still worth the 95% of videos from SB Nation on my feed that I will never watch for the 5% that are done by him

There's some of 'em that I do watch because they catch my attention and interest but I inevitably leave it thinking "that was okay but the delivery was kinda shite and not the fun sorta dry."

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think that didn't help either was that he was basically just there in the video as a prop to poo poo on the concept and then be talked at, by the other guy. You could have replaced Jon with anyone else and the video would be exactly the same.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Irish

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Christina danced a sad dance. Truly this is ironclad evidence of abuse.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Todd's new OHW is on Scatman, something that I'm surprised took a second batch of requests to get to.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Not gonna lie, if anyone was gonna die at America Sings I was not expecting it to be in a way quite like that. Jesus.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Ah yes, a tall man with a big sword. Truly such a novel and original idea could not exist without Berserk specifically. :v:

e;

Yes, I know that FROM were inspired by Berserk for a lot of things. Giving Berserk credit for one of the most generic and simple concepts imaginable is giving it a bit too much undue praise.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 22, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

We need some kinda tournament arc in which all the best tournament arcs are invited to compete to determine once and for all which is the best tournament arc

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Been a new Defunctland out for a while now. It's even space based (in name at least :v:) courtesy of Six Flags this time.

edit; A loving Beatles rip-off theme song. For a theme park. :psyduck:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 1, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

New Night Mind video that's a little bit more different. It's not a review or explanation thing; instead, it's Nick reflecting on the old Marble Hornets stuff he did among some other stuff. It's a pretty neat idea that lets you see behind the curtain somewhat.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The killer's licence plate tells you it outright. It straight up says "HESTHE1". I'm pretty sure that it's not meant to be subtle, really.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Wait, is H.Bomb being queer news or did I miss something a while back?

It sort of came up in the Sherlock review during the bit about Moriarty. It wasn't explicit, though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm rewatching Spoony's Ultima retrospective. I forgot how much fun this series was.

Odd coincidence. I just finished a rewatch of most of that last week. Still haven't watched Ultima 9 stuff because it gets... uncomfortably awkward and bad, but that's all. At least the series does make me want to give some of the pre-IV Ultimas a go sometime.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Puppy Time posted:

I started following TSV after Reignbot covered it

I remembered her being mentioned in Nick's Daisy Brown video, so I went to give it a look at for a comparison and I sorta get why but I didn't really like that she just read out the tweets in chronological order and.... that's it, really (discounting the mini-Q&A afterwards). It's a good way to get people interested and caught up without skimming slower parts or needing to sit down afterwards to read it yourself, at least.

So, I watched a few more and I think they were way better than the TSV one in both the way the content is displayed and, like, actual analysis and thought.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

khwarezm posted:

Totalbiscuit is literally in the same category of person as a guy who walked into a school and killed 17 kids.

- a well adjusted individual.

Now, now, let's be fair. It was 14 kids.

Since the other 3 were adults that makes someone being mad at video game framerates totally equivalent.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

rudecyrus posted:

Good Bad or Bad Bad covers Love on a Leash, a film about a dog that wants to gently caress human women.

I didn't recognise the name of the film at all, but 5 seconds in as soon as I heard the name "Alvin Flang" I immediately remembered this thing from one of Ralph's videos. I think it came up in an older version of this thread, even.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Didn't see it mentioned, but new OHW (She Blinded Me With Science) dropped this morning.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

No, watch Kirby: Right back at ya!

That's not Cromartie.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hey look, PushingUpRoses did a Doug retrospective. The, uh, the cartoon.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Every day on the way to, and from, work I pass by a small game store that runs weekly tabletop stuff. A couple of times the idiot part of my brain has told me to at least go check it out, how bad could it be? The sensible part of my brain then smacks it and reminds me that it's a small store that is basically in an alley. Probably definitely don't wanna do that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It was in one of her older videos (the Hercules one, which I finally just watched earlier today) but Lindsey raised a few examples when talking about Chosen One narratives. Hunger Games and Lord of the Rings were two of the examples she used, even. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Neville being a potential hero isn't even a fan theory. It's straight up raised by Harry in the 5th book, in the exact same chapter where the prophecy is first mentioned.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

volts5000 posted:

Apparently, Captain Disillusion was trending #1 in the UK for his Escher Staircase debunk. I hope he’ll see an explosion in his audience numbers.

Never heard of CD before now, but I just spent basically all afternoon watching. Super fun stuff.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hbomb mentioned him by name and included a link to a DK64 video in his speedrunning video :v:

Before that, though, I don't think speedrunning has come up at all in this thread.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Andrast posted:

Do people really buy another copy of the game just to get a single legendary? That's loving insanity.

At least one guy on Youtube does and has a series of videos about it for each gen (though only up to Diamond/Pearl/Plat right now) that highlights how dumb the system is and accidentally shows just how blatant a money tactic it is.

It is more focused on how to do it on your own with minimal trading, just to really drive in how bad a system it is.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 8, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Judging from the review, seems that Coolio took his role about as seriously as it deserved and was by all accounts the highlight of the thing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Youtube kept popping this up in my recommendations for some reason and I don't think it's been posted in this thread yet. It's a long watch (2 hours), and the video title intentionally copies what Hbomb names some of his long-form critiques but:

Steven Universe Is Garbage And Here's Why

Personally, I've never really watched Steven Universe since even the people who like it make it sound really scattershot and boring, so this was genuinely interesting and fascinating to see just how much of a mess it really is. On like every single level possible, really.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Solitair posted:

I'm not watching this video yet because I want to watch the show first, but I did see "The Legend of Korra Is Garbage and Here's Why" by the same creator. On one hand, they touched on a lot of what made Korra a frustrating watch, but on the other, they go into it with a lot of baffling base assumptions, the greatest of which being that animation is for kids and anyone who tries to make adult animation is doing so because they're insecure. :shepface:

That... that is a really weird take. Like, there's an offhand mention of something similar in the SU video nearish the end, but I took it to be more "cartoons can be made just for kids and that's not a bad thing" and not "all cartoons are for kids only stop pretending otherwise." :psyduck:

And, I did notice that video but didn't watch it myself. Korra's something I absolutely still need to get around to watching at some point... but I also need to finish TLA first, though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

This remains my all-time favourite example of the genre.

I was hoping this was gonna be exactly what it was. That this exists at all is amazing. :allears:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

The Knights of Ren are clearly the friends Kylo made along the way

Brave of Disney to blatantly steal a plot point from Noblesse like that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

LegalEagle released a video today on How To Get Away With Murder's first episode and how accurate (or... not) it is to actual legal practice. Normally he's pretty calm and composed when explaining things that are wrong or ridiculous and the like, but he's savage with this one and it's amazing. :allears:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

PushingUpRoses talks about the Brave Little Toaster. Both the book and the film, even.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

PushingUpRoses talks about Homestar Runner! Mainly some of the games, but general Homestar Runner stuff at first too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

rudecyrus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgGEdNXhWTw

Neil Breen and Neil Breen recap Nightbeast, a Don Dohler film that was also covered by RLM years ago.

Not even a minute in yet and I'm super glad this exists. More channels need to celebrate Hallobreen. :allears:

...even though this isn't a Neil Breen film.