Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

You have offended STRINGIE! You must be punished!

GBoBB talkin' about a bad Christmas movie starring Dean Cain (for the second time on their show!), the most prolific Christmas movie man in the world (maybe). And it's.. a made-for-tv film that's basically just lovely Home Alone but Macaulay Culkin is a dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrK-m-Drzss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Dusty Rhodes cut a good promo once

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

The highlight of Hbomb's stream is gonna be the couple hours, or so, in which Susie Green - the CEO of Mermaids - popped in to just chat about the charity and hang out.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair in the English release that plot point is obscured so hard you probably wouldn’t figure it out.

The party member who who literally eats babies on the other hand...

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Clerical Terrors posted:

Are smaller Lefttubers goint to start copying Contrapoints now or is there something I'm missing.

The video title is a straight copy from HBomb's stuff, but the video style is... sorta like Jenny's but infinitely worse (and that's before you get to the garbage filters, which just drag it down even more). I dunno about the delivery of any points in the video because I didn't really pay enough attention or watch enough to say for sure.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

It's even simpler, honestly. Anything that does not make All Of The Money Ever is deemed a failure, no matter how profitable it is. That's sorta been a thing for a while; it's just spreading.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

I am definitely not going to watch this. I don't know how anybody could. It's just... how and why would you make a review of a Pokemon game take 7 hours? Even the exhausting "style" of recapping every single plot beat and just saying what happens surely would still be significantly shorter than that.

Hell, not just making it. Why would anyone see that and then decide to watch it? Even MauLer, for all of his myriad faults, at least has the decency to split his ridiculous line-by-line recaps into multiple videos. It still doesn't help but it's something.

Dragonatrix fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 13, 2019

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

I think their Goblin Slayer video was even posted in this thread by someone when it was recent, under the guise of it being a cool and good analysis even.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

New Wheel of the Worst!

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Puppy Time posted:

Nightmare Masterclass

Haven't seen any of his stuff before, but I have watched a decent chunk of Inside A Mind and Nexpo recently, and kinda enjoy both more than Nick's more recent work. Definitely gonna give this a look-over when I get the chance now too.

I'll honestly give Inside A Mind a bonus edge over most of the others for having all his videos be ~20-30 minutes at most, except the one that was an April Fool's joke to begin with. Even if a particular thing doesn't click with you, it doesn't really spend forever getting to the point and there's no random time-consuming asides either.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Good Bad or Bad Bad finally tackle the absurdly weird Canadian roadtrip movie Ryan's Babe!

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Your friend literally can’t walk, but in the game world he could. In fact, both of your friends were doing better there, which added a more dickish shade to Marche. Although your disabled friend winds up as the bratty royalty of the world, so there were some layers to the situation. It just sounds real bad on paper when your friend is like “gently caress y’all we’re going back to the reality where we’re bullied and life generally sucks.”

Doned, the kid who couldn't walk, is Marche's brother and not Mewt, the kid who decided to become Bratty Godking.

Mostly this matters because Doned's motivation wasn't "holy poo poo I can walk now that's rad and awesome!" it's "running is nice I guess".

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Leal posted:

Wait this wasn't the movie with Shaquille O'Neal being a genie?

No, this was the movie with Sinbad being a genie.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Oh wow, Atrocity Guide (despite the name, her stuff is very similar to Down The Rabbit Hole) released a new video today and her chosen subject was... forums user Caro! Now that takes me back.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

In amazingly rare moment, hardly anyone seems to be even trying to defend Jared here.

Which I would say helps demonstrate that some things have gotten better, except the people who probably would be are taking this opportunity to try and defend JonTron instead for some reason.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, it sucks that she felt the need to stop doing something that she enjoyed.

Though, her videos about the more insane episodes of Murder She Wrote are still all very incredible and give her a very unique niche for good measure.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

Welcome to hellworld where this already happened and is probably still happening in some form or another. There was an incident from a few years ago now where the family was emotionally abusing one of their kids (who just so happened to be from a previous marriage) for Youtube fodder.

Ah, yeah. Dad Of Five, or whatever he was called, was bizarrely popular and people straight up stated that the one kid who got it the worst (and got physically abused in the videos as well if I remember it right) deserved it.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Big-brain smartboy Thought Slime just put up a video about far-right propaganda and how hate speech spreads. Primarily about how a webcomic called Stonetoss manages to do it disturbingly, exceptionally well.

Needless to say, this involves touching on some very heavy stuff in places.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Rather than watch the video I decided to be sensible and check the comments first.

And the top comment had casual anti-semitism. And the only replies were more of the same.

Yikes.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Dabir posted:

Are you arguing that more subscribers = provably better? Cause I don't know if you've heard who the guy with the most subscribers is, but...

The guy is garbage but bizarrely popular.

He only spews right-wing rhetoric and panders to 4chan. That explains the popularity. The post you quoted literally said that, even!

None of this requires or even goes anywhere near "more = better".

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

This was really cool and good.

So was the same guy's video about LimeWire for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYNwRogs5SY

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

I think the most surreal thing about this, is that Digg still exists.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That's the same episode with the dumbest "mystery" in the show.

Sherlock gets a case from an Underground expert about a man who was seen getting onto a train but who never got off it.

It turns out there is a tunnel that isn't marked on the maps which the expert had forgotten about. That's it.

Nah, the dumbest is the time a boomerang did it.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Black Spine episode 3! And this time they pick by playing Jenga totally-original-game Junka.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Watching (well, at this point listening to) the newest BotW now and that no one died during the production of ROAR is a miracle, holy poo poo.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Been rewatching a lot of Best of the Worst lately and here's my hot take that no one asked for: Jack is good. Josh is good. Macaulay Culkin is good. The Canadians, Jim and Colin, are good. Max Landis is bad.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

New Best of the Worst that genuinely has no gimmicks or anything. Just a regular episode.

Also it has Twisted Pair in it. Y'know, the newest Neil Breen film. Probably worth it for that alone, really.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Thought Slime with a well-timed video about ""jokes""

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

One point about Lindsey's video that I don't get is that them memory holing Song of the South is a bad thing. [...] I'm not seeing the problem in not releasing more copies of it, because my thought process here is it'd be better to not, and just make a public apology and surrender 78% of Marvel's gross revenue to black support groups or something without also trying to make more money off the movie or something.

How do you apologise, and make reparations, for something while simultaneously memory holing it? You can't pay back for transgressions that you're pretending do not exist at all. Memory holing isn't "they won't rerelease it for commercial profit" it's not acknowledging its existence. Pretty sure no one is arguing that they should rerelease it so they can increase their bottomline or whatever.

You can pretend it didn't happen and thus dodge having to apologise for it (shouldn't, but can). Or you can apologise for it, but you have to acknowledge it happened. You can't do both.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

The Great War is fantastic and explained a ton of stuff that I'd never heard even vaguely mentioned before. Plus it made it easy enough to understand for even a dumbass like me.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I'm going back to anime chat while I try to dig up some new video content for the other people tired of this conversational minefield.

I've noticed that there's been a distinct lack of book reviewers in the thread, aside from the odd moments when Jenny Nicholson does one.

So, on that front, I'm gonna put out a general recommendation for Krimson Rogue. He used to focus on books that had film adaptions and compare them, to determine which is better, and how good the movie is on its own merits. He seems to have now moved onto more longform reviews of specific books that are, almost always, complete garbage. Like, say, the three books that Onision wrote, or Trigger Warning or The Mister (EL James' one book that wasn't Twilight fanfiction).

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

New Wheel of the Worst!

Most of the stuff they end up watching are... garbage music videos. Kind of. A new theme, fitting the Hallowe'en season.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Anyone else remember and occasionally think about Perfectly Normal Capitalism's success(?) story in GarfieldEats?

Strange Aeons just did a second video about it, because she also does that apparently. Unlike Thought Slime, she even went and ate some before. Not this time though.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Oh, okay. I thought that was just someone making some sort of new meme joke over the footage.

Uhhh...why was it added in?

It's law that you're not allowed to rerelease anything Star Wars related without making some minor irrelevant changes.

Amending the Greedo/Han stuff gets you double points.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

That's true, but in turn the Ballas never shoot at him or Big Smoke and that's observable as early as the first mission.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

So, anyone remember Gaia Online? Of course you do. Red Bard released a video about it a few days ago, specifically about the economy around it and how that affected the game. Mostly negatively.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Sephyr posted:

Not sure who this guy is

Onision is some weirdo creeper who used to (and perhaps still does) do videos rating photos of girls out of 10. A lot of them underage girls, at that. Not to mention that he used to have a live-in 16 year old girlfriend.

Also he's written three books and is currently working on a fourth, each one worse than the last. The third book is pretty much the most noteworthy of the three for being insanely badly written. Oh and also it contains at least two instances of explicit sex scenes involving an 11 year old.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

I sat through Shaun's bell curve video in one sitting (helped that I was listening to it at work admittedly), but I can't imagine actually watching it. Like, it's perfectly fine and interesting enough but since most of the video is just a static image of a skull, he really leans into expecting folks to be multi-tasking. Mostly. Sometimes he puts stuff up on-screen and expects you to look at it, like a slide in a lecture or something.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Someone made a video defending Fallout 3? lol

Considering he teased it in his Pathologic video, Hbomb is going to.

It'll just probably be sometime after Sonic 2, Night in the Woods and the Star Wars Prequel Defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Rise of Skywalker sounding like a catastrophic trainwreck makes it sounds more interesting than, like, anything at all Star Wars related since... probably ever.