Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

You have offended STRINGIE! You must be punished!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Don't worry, Trump just declared war with Iran. Soon none of this will matter.

It's a hosed up indictment of the world we live in, where I hope this is a joke but genuinely cannot tell if it is or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Eimi posted:

Also for anime, I don't believe anyone has recommended it yet but watch Cromartie High School, it's hilarious and a show where the English dub probably exceeds the original for it's comedy.

Cromartie is noteworthy for being the only comedy anime that is actually, genuinely funny.

Everything else tries way to hard to be zany and ~random~ or it's just garbagely paced like it's meant to have a laugh track but they forgot to include it.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

For all the power levels and stuff in DBZ somehow no one's ever become so powerful as to punch a planet apart yet.

But RareAcumen, we only have five minutes until Namek explodes!

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Seviper doesn't evolve is the problem.

Well, yeah. The anime made it very clear that it evolves from Arbok and there's no such thing as a 4th stage Pokemon.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Weird so you weren't actually interested in a discussion and were posting in bad faith, got it.

Turn your monitor on, OP

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I haven't see any of the takes or videos but if we assume there is any truth to the idea that you couldn't make "Blazing Saddles" today I imagine its because it would be far too risky and subversive for a major studio to greenlight.

Maybe you should, I dunno, actually watch Calico Heart's video. It's actually quite short* and very good!

*For a video in this thread

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

watho posted:

anime has replaced ishtar

I think this thread needs some kind of Ishtar anime so everyone is satisfied

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Meanwhile Re:Zero is the story of a stalker being rewarded for his efforts.

Well, yes, it is Groundhog Day: The Anime.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Eschenique posted:

What's the deal with Noah Gervais patreon being minimum 10 dollars a month or nothing?

When you click "Become a Patron" there's a button right below that one that says "Make a custom pledge." You absolutely don't have to donate $10 minimum.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Utritum posted:

Does anyone have that "Why Do People Watch Movies?" drawing?

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

I've been replaying Vesperia lately, thanks to the Switch port and there's parts of it that are worse than I remember from the original 360 version. The combat especially is a lot slower and clunkier than I remembered; it feels worse than some of the older ones did even. That it took some basic mechanics and actively removed them in order for you to re-earn then via the Skills system sure doesn't help either.

Part of it is that I can't help but compare it to more recent games either. It's unfair since they're inherently more polished (generally speaking), but they're also just so much more fluid and interesting and fun to do stuff in (again, generally speaking).

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

In England we're taught that stala-G-mites are on the G-round. I think I heard an American staying "stalactites hang tight" was how they were taught it.

I'm also in England, and got taught the latter, so that's sure not a hard and fast regional thing I guess.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

The Hurdy-Gurdy episode is the best DTRH so far, because it was both something cool and unusual but also something that Fredrik actually very obviously cared about. Needs more videos like that one, really.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

ErrEff posted:

Don't know how popular YMS is on here (I suspect he's not, and I admit I don't always like his takes on things) but he finally posted a 2 hour and 27 minute deep-dive (edited down from approximately 3000 minutes of Kimba footage) into the "Disney ripped off Kimba the White Lion" controversy, filled with comparisons from individual episodes and recaps of storylines. The first 10-15 minutes would've been enough to fully end the argument once and for all but then he just keeps going.

I'm only an hour into it but it's been a wild ride so far. Not at all what I expected going into it - that Kimba franchise is something else. As an example, Kimba inexplicably keeps the corpse of his father around and goes on adventures with it in multiple episodes in one of the series. Nobody ever thinks this is strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5B1mIfQuo4

Kimba is a lot more insane and ludicrous than I could have ever imagined. I sure didn't expect one of its two primary recurring themes to be white supremacy

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Todd keeping up this string of productivity with a new One Hit Wonderland

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Mauler is the kind of guy who is pure quantity over quality. Whenever he makes a decent point in his videos, its instantly smothered by the several hours of uninteresting drivel.

I'm the kinda dumbass who actually sat down at one point and listened to his Dark Souls 2 thing where he took Hbomb's video and went through it line by line for like 9 hours or something stupid.

I cannot remember a single thing he actually said at any point.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Sydin posted:

The best isekai ever made is Wicked

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Sydin posted:

When did they scold their viewers for shipping? Hell, Oum used ship names from the fandom for the group's tag-team attacks in one fight as a shoutout.

That was kinda cute and neat. It helps that those names actually work in that context, since apparently RWBY fans are inexplicably smarter than every other fandom ever. Managed to avoid just taking half of one character's name and then half of another's and mash them together leaving to something that's the bad kind of dumb mess at worst and incoherent gibberish on average.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Pokémon us a jrpg and it spends more time on a rock paper scissors combat system and collectathon than on overwrought pseudo philosophical dialogue.

This makes it good.

Well, it used to anyway

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Stuntman is great and I love it.

But also it's awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

The secret trick to The Driver is that you can kill the guy you're racing against, but not blow up his car. If you snipe him through the windshield, you can take your time and win easily. There's a couple good spots for it but the bridge nearby is best, since you can setup a barricade for it too.

Or you can just, like, do it as a normal race and win easily enough. As far as hard VC missions go, it's no RC Helicopter demolition

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

It's a pun. Yes, it's a homophone for the same word as "greatest" and he's the most powerful psychic in the series, but also it's what happens when an emotional state hits 100%.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

I'm contemplating writing a long "The games are bad, actually" post and then deleting it without ever posting…

I wonder if a more modern version of that would be making a long youtube video about it... and then deleting that instead.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

What? No. Wano's like maybe half over. It's still in Act 3 of 5.

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

People keep saying this, but I'm pretty sure Act 3 was the flashback. We're in Act 4, the climax.

People keep saying it because it's true. Act 3 has explicitly not ended yet. There is a curtain down panel at the end of an Act and that has not happened for Act 3 yet. The flashback was the start, not the sum total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonatrix
Aug 16, 2009

bessantj posted:

I like some of the videos where Slowbeef and Diabetus mock a game rather than the person playing it.

The Ambition stuff led to some of the funniest videos they've ever done, in my opinion.