Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
lol Doug Walker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Recently, FilmBrain re-posted his crossover review of Tekken with Spoony and said he'd love to do the prequel with him.

Not gonna happen, but it's a nice sentiment.

Make it happen, make 2018 the year when Spoony was made great again.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope Guru Larry's farewell to Channel Awesome is releasing a Top 5 Doug Walker Moments video.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/70gygEf.mp4

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lornekates posted:

Question.

Now that CuriousCat is imploding because it is run by psychopaths-- what is the actual benefit of that site? I know it lets people ask a question and someone to give a public answer buuuut-- how is that different from, say, a forum, or Quote-Tweeting a question and giving an answer?

What actual tools and benefits does CC give to both the people asking the question, and those answering them?

Realtalk, Curious Cat ISN'T just a website for Final Fantasy 14 players to post their catgirl erotic role play dating profile?!

drat, guess he took too long to update the history of Voltage Vengerz.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Testekill posted:

Sure, she was allowed to leave (but we fired her) and she could go pursue other work (after we forced her to sign a contract that would give her severance pay)

It's also not dismissing anything. The NC IP is owned by Channel Awesome itself? Okay but who is the majority shareholder of Channel Awesome? It's still Michaud

The crazy thing is, isn't this provable cause for once there actually IS a paper trail? Like these are the things that there was actually contracts and signed paperwork for, can't Holly just bring up the dismissal paperwork and the non compete clause paperwork? Assuming she didn't toss them, though I wouldn't blame her if she got rid of them.

Honestly I'm more surprised about this, I thought Sage would have left earlier.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I kinda wish we were privy to the response CA made to each contributor who left. I'm curious if CA tried to persuade people to stay or if it was just a "kay" response. It really seems like they're attempting to only make themselves look good, which is really looking like they're focused solely on the youtube channel and Nostalgia Critic.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/gookygox/status/984338265762418688

Jesus loving Christ. Can we retitled the thread to "You Will (Not) Apologize"?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

He'll lose because apparently nothing can separate Brad Jones from Doug Walker. A real disappointment; I was a fan of the guy but if he hasn't severed ties by now that doesn't make him look very good...

Yeah like I get that he still wants to remain friends with the Walkers... Its not like leaving the site is going to taint the friendship. You can still be friends, just disassociate from the website.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jenny is best grill

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I swear to god someone needs to write a book about this someday

Hey if that one nerd can write a book about SMB3 and how it was a life changer...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Battlegeek said on their discord that they know one of the three remaining folks is also leaving, but they want to leave the announcement to that person.

If it's Brad I'll LP a Hyper Dimension Neptunia game :toxx:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Noted. I will hold you to that then :getin: / :devil:

I may have made a mistake.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: also Holly is apparently looking for lawyers in the Illinois area on twitter.

:discourse:

If she wants to open up a crowdfund campaign to pay for one I will throw money at it.

nine-gear crow posted:

Like, at this point I'm legit surprised that Michaud hasn't booted Larry off the site in a fit of rage. Because that would kind of rule, to be honest; Larry making the fractional remnant of Channel Awesome so mad at his in-house dunking that they sever from him :yum:

Yeah I'm pretty surprised, with Rob/Mike repeatedly going after people for leaning more on their youtube channel then on CA and yet they leave Larry alone. Again, maybe because they don't actually know who he is.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So now its down to a guy who is loyal to a fault and will absolutely not let go, and the other guy who will only leave if he is the very last one. I put my chips on CA just letting Brad and Larry go at this point, neither will go their own way.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kim Justice posted:

At this point I'm just part of everyone egging Larry on to beat Brad.

I'm gonna double down on the Toxx: Brad nor Larry will willfully leave, either CA closes down and removes them OR they'll stay as the 3 amigos.

E: Also the answer is DSP

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Ladies and gentlemen... Whether you like it or not!

Also be sure to call the thread “Brad Jones Made Me Do It” :getin:

Lupa can you ask Brad if he'll co commentate with me

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

stillvisions posted:

In memoriam for CA you better have a framing skit or two where you badly cosplay characters from the game. Also point a gun at a console (with a wig on it) you don't like and pretend to shoot it in a hilarious skit.

Hellllloooo I'm the bad games critic, I LP it so you don't have to!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So going off twitter, you may want to avoid the CA forums.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SamLikesCake posted:

I can imagine it’s a real poo poo-show over there. Are there ANY mods left who can deal with it?

I’m assuming it’s the usual litany of victim-blaming and threats. Gross.

Supposedly there are dead children pictures being put up there.

Well gently caress I can't return the game now!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Apparently Brad might be locked in due to the stupid game show contract. He's removed CA from his own site and is obviously trying to distance himself as much as possible.

If he is trying to do what he can, I'll consider that in the spirit of my toxx. Ultimately I wanted Brad to distance from CA, and I admit to having a personal... "stake"? Basically I have once tried to look past a bad friend and try to make everyone happy and I was frustrated seeing Brad make the mistake I made. But if he is going to do everything else that he can to get away, I'm not gonna smugly go "see, he couldn't do it :smuggo:" when a contract can be involved.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i admire your gumption

Also I can't refund the game :ssh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/canady606/status/985258292422238208

HEH

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Garrand posted:

He's already talked about all this on his twitter feed if you want to read up about it.

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/984828065577517056

Is that before or after twitter expanded the character limit of a tweet? Checkmate :smug:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hey remember that time Doug Walker got the VAs for Pinky and the Brain to drop F bombs for a minute?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Today's Jimquisition is all about how big assholes the developers of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds are

"They made a Flaming Homer and didn't think far enough ahead to stop the Flaming Moe."

Anyone really surprised that a dev who named a game after themselves have some high opinions of their product?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Sorry about taking the internet too serious.

Anyway, is Joseph Anderson ever gonna put up that Witcher 3 review or is that permanently shuttered?

He'll get on it right after exploring every single solitary question mark location.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's going to be hilarious considering his completionist tendencies.

"The game has required a bunch of needless busy work to unlock every achievement, almost as if they were intentionally designed to be as tedious as possible. And its all for nothing because you can just farm money to buy the achievements!" *somehow takes 2 hours to say this*

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Endorph posted:

they aren't gonna sit down and vet literally everything you ever did, just 'i did sketch comedy videos for a website' is a reasonable enough thing to say. and a lot of sketch comedy is built on the backs of other stuff. l

Unless you're DSP and the second image for googling image search is you jerking it on cam

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bakeneko posted:

Showing examples of bad people on the other side (and potted plants for some reason) does not negate the existence of bad people on your side. They aren’t as prominent because, unlike the right-wingers, they hold no real power in the US and are normally limited to just making GBS threads all over Tumblr and Twitter, but crazy/stupid leftists do exist.

I know what the plants thing is, its spikes that are put around areas to ensure that homeless people don't sleep there.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Make LK mod, and by LK I mean LordKat

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Serving my toxx here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854843

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

stillvisions posted:

Some of his nitpicking can be fun, like when he pulls apart "non-supernatural" horror movies for characters that teleport or other ridiculous contrivances, but sometimes it's way off. His review of a quiet place had a big bit on a kid drowning in a grain elevator, which is very much a real thing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_entrapment and can be found with a ten second google search. He finds some gems but a lot of them are CinemaSins level "flaws".

I did like his way older videos, namely World War Z cause he brought up inconsistencies in the video. Like the fact they reuse a line but add an echo to it, or the fact there is a scene where you see a guy point a gun out of a window and the crowd reacts as if the guy shot his gun but there is no effects (muzzle flash and sound) to correlate with it. Honestly this was something I liked about early Cinema Sins, I was interested in seeing actual inconsistencies (Jurassic Park having 2 parked jeeps as the helicopter is arriving to the island, then when the helicopter lands and they unload 2 jeeps come driving up as if they weren't already there)

Then I fell off cause his videos would come out really slow, it took 3 months to do his Amusement videos. Not as in 3 months of work was put into it and they were all released together, but the first video started and the last video was posted 3 months later. And some of the jokes were... it felt like padding. You took 3 months and had this much padding? The first video had this bit where a guy realizes his car keys were taken, and it devolves to the the bad guy mugging while the driver fondles the ignition and looks back to his tied up girlfriend and it goes back and forth and back and forth. Could've been funny for like 10 seconds, but it feels like it lasts a minute. Then there is that bit with the sandwich making....

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

I still say the reason Allison is good is because she actually loving likes movies, which is apparently impossible for YMS and people like that. Like no poo poo Cool Cat isn't good but it's also pretty funny and you don't have to be a dick about it

I mean negativity sells on youtube. Apparently pedophilia does too, if those "1 kill = 1 strip with my 13yo sister" videos were any indication.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

i forgot doug killed off the critic to make a show but didn't upgrade his camera equipment even for that.

Always remember: Lol Doug Walker. I don't even watch him just to find new material to mock him for, does he still use the onboard camera?

Miss Wallace posted:

Dunno if this is a joke I'm not getting, but Phelan's never posted on this thread.

Maybe deep down Phelan was inside of all of us this whole time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's just weird that even for his passion project he didn't get professional grade equipment despite renting out space to film his new show. and why kill the critic? just keep making the videos (not like they take a lot of time and effort to produce) to make sure you got the benjamins rolling in.

I mean, I don't LP full time or anything close to a job. But even I bought a blue yeti (after buying a blue snowball!), I put more money into audio recording equipment for my hobby that has made me zero dollars then Doug Walker has spent across 10 years and possibly making a million with.

And its not like a blue yeti is top tier recording equipment, but its higher up then a freaking on board mic.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

For the record BOTL is still threadbanned

Congratulations! .....???

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BobbyK posted:

No ones made me laugh as hard as DSP has so he's my favorite. Listening to him breathlessly explain why he has to cancel a stream because he needs to get a haircut or something but he hopes everyone will still help support him paying his unpaid taxes is why I signed up for this internet thing.

What the fffufufuffffffuuucckkkkk. How is someone this bad?!

I discovered Jenny through a video titled "I found the worst book" and its about a woman who falls in love with someone who trolls her.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

i don't understand how twitch streaming is so popular
who has the time to watch five hours of unedited video game footage??? even as background noise, i've got like six things competing for that space

Hell, I watched a few TIHYDPs after Phil became a full time streamer and my god, the guy makes a career off people who are cool seeing someone mess with controls for 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Considering how many awful awful Toobers got so drat big, I can buy this Ninja dude getting huge overnight because he's good at the hardest loving game.

Remember Leafyishere?

Wasn't that the kid who just constantly made fun of another, younger, kid and always titled his videos as "The most cringy kid on youtube tries to do X"?