Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Brutalman Ian Moose eating more hungry man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vJyqRq3Bcs

E: Ian likes corn

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If they wished everyone that was killed by Frieza's soldiers back to life, and Vegeta was one of Frieza's soldiers, that must mean Napa is somewhere out there alive again.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

vegeta is the real protagonist of dbz

Grapplejack posted:

Ian's been talking about this super big project for like a year now I wonder what the gently caress it could possibly be at this point

I'm eagerly awaiting whatever it is. Even if its Suburban Knights 2: Electric Boogaloo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alaois posted:

what's Star Wars?

A miserable little pile of retcons

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Speaking of Star Wars and internet funny people

https://twitter.com/lazygamereviews/status/1303336772311691266?lang=en

What does it say that LGR reviewed the knitting stuff pack but wont do a video on the star wars pack for sims 4?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

No woo hoo, no sale.

Nothing makes me laugh more then EA actually putting in coding to make it so rey and kylo cannot be romanced. In The Urbz you could kiss every member of the Black Eyed Peas

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And they come back just in time for the lp mods to decide capitalism is ok and to bring it to an, at best, pseudo hobby

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
L 👏 P 👏 should 👏 be 👏 free 👏
not 👏 motivated 👏 by 👏 money 👏

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Counterpoint: money gates gave us this gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cqtaKQLwA

Apart from the end, because gently caress Lowtax.

You done me dirty

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The thing when I think LP, specifically those posted on SA, its for the community within SA. And no this isn't some elitist "private your videos and ignore any outsiders or else" poo poo, but when you make a thread on this forum I think it should be with the intent on engaging with that thing with members of the forum. Part of it is what I call vod Lpers that rub me the wrong way for 2 reasons

1: The content has already long been made. The only edits made are cutting the video into digestible pieces, the commentary is already in place, any mistakes or something someone brings up in the thread is pointless cause the LPer already made the entire LP. It feels like a youtube dump, but now with an advertisement for their patreon. The whole tagging along for the ride is gone, the ride has already been finished. This also extends to "private" lps where they make the lp, post all the updates to their discord, then make a thread months later.

2: People who already saw it will most likely not participate in the thread, which further separates the community aspect. You now have those who paid money and already saw it and the only ones talking about it those who weren't in the know, and should those who already watched it also post in the thread they have foreknowledge about stuff that happens later in the lp who may end up spoiling things. I remember shortly after chip dipped someone made a post to the effect of "maybe he felt the atmosphere was hostile cause his beyond good and evil thread didn't get many posts like usual." I think that was more that he streamed it and uploaded the vod, and then everyone already saw it and didn't post in the thread so it was extremely dead.

Also the LP subforum is full of the chillest people. That wouldn't be a thing.

Then there is people who earn money typically want to keep earning that money, and tend to start focusing on certain aspects to play up to their money paying audience which just gets tedious. I know someone is gonna say something to the effect of "jeeze appealing to the people that pay your rent?" but thats my point, it doesn't nullify my point that people who start accepting money act in certain ways to continue getting that money. I can express disdain for people playing up a crowd rather then playing a game. And again, at that point it isn't engaging with the community, just select members of the community who are giving money

And as I have said in this very thread in the past last time you all got hrumphy about my opinions, I don't care if you have a patreon. Jim has a patreon, I don't say dick about it cause its just there, Jim doesn't lock stuff behind it. People keep using the term "tip jar", but once you ask for money before services are rendered then its no longer a tip jar, its a register. People also bring up the job aspect but bluntly: The lp subforum isn't a job, the posters there aren't customers, they're cool people who want to talk about playing cool games. And looking through the OP and seeing "donate to my patreon!" and seeing that they're doing private streams and hey if you donate 2 bucks you can access my discord, they may not be making 6 figures a month but it feels capitalized as gently caress.

Since people wont read any of this or will just pick and pull and disregard any of my complaints cause "how dare they make money" I'll end this with: This must be how my mom felt being a Metallica fan in the 80s then seeing what happened in the 90s.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zedd posted:

Is there anything Yikes about Brutalmoose? cause so far he is hilarious.

Brutalmoose is a good boy with gorgeous long hair and a perfect scruff who lives a happy life with his boyfriend

E: I went to double confirm this and uh

Never change reddit

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 15, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

m-maybe it's a lady fan who was thirsty for him...:smith:

Sadly no, I read through the thread and it was a dude who couldn't get it. At least thats what I got reading the replies cause the post got deleted. And get this, the persons name was something like "oval office nugget".

At least the thread was getting on the guy and calling him homophobic and going "why do you care? why does it matter?" Also someone said "watch platonically" which is a pretty good one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That should be the thread title for the new thread. Platonically watching my favorite reviewer.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

the thing is i feel like allowing people to openly advertise a patreon is, if anything, a force against this

like, you know why everyone went to streaming, right? it's because it makes way the gently caress more money than videos unless you have a patreon, and with the LP subforum frowning very heavily on patreons, it was more or less the only way for a goon LPer to pay their rent while keeping their goon audience.

this means people can actually just make a fuckin' old-school LP thread, with videos made for the thread, and not have to worry that they're shooting themselves in the foot by doing so.

But they aren't. You can't tell me that they're doing this thing to be old school when my complaint is that its moving away from old fashion LP'ing to pursue. Is it like a 5 year plan where after they make x amount of bucks they'll actually treat the community like a community and not just an income base?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I called slowbeef a sellout directly to him, I already said my piece there. Don't you worry.

E: I also brought it up a few times in the SALP discord so again, don't worry. They know

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

This dude just now found this out? I've known that for like four years, when he mentioned it on his Tumblr, or whatever non-Youtube site it was.

-

Only thing that sort of irks me with Brutalmoose is that he moved away from talking about old Win3.1/Win 95 stuff. That's not to say his new stuff his bad, however (though I've not watched much of it yet). I do think it's brave of him to watch unmarked tapes he gets.

Even in one of his videos I believe he mentioned his boyfriend? Any time there is someone following Ian with a camera I believe its brutalboyfriend. Then again I guess Ian very rarely mentions him, certainly never shown him on cam and being as big as Ian is I can understand why that is.