Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Did he really throw a copy of Undertale at the Pope?

Yes, I'm sure if he met the Pope this year he would've given the guy a Fortnite code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I feel that this image is appropriate.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
More games should leave a horrifying, lasting imprint. If the next CoD or Battlefield game manages to traumatize me as much as the knife scene in Saving Private Ryan it'll be 10/10.

Ssssshhhhhhhhh

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If a game is going to leave a horrifying, lasting imprint, it should do it in at least good and creative ways.

So let's talk about Nier, then...

That isn't a horrifying imprint, thats a straight up depressing imprint :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mr.Radar posted:

Our very own Dan Olson also streamed the game on Monday and, uh, didn't like it as much

You don't know how happy this makes me. Not because of his playthrough, but because I can make... THIS

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

it owns that valve is going in the complete opposite direction they should with steam.

Nah they're just taking a page from youtube. Anyone else find it a bit weird for youtube to have a #proudtocreate thing the other day right after a bunch of anti lgbt ads started showing up on channels who were lgbt? Especially after their "just remove the ad if you don't like it" response.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

With Steam trying to follow Youtube's footsteps, they're gonna have a #proudtogame event to mirror Youtube's utterly tone deaf response to anti lgbt ads showing up on lgbt channels, right?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zedd posted:

non-online person and wishes to stay that way.

AND smart too!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

business hammocks posted:

I just found out those red Trump hats are $40 on the official campaign site store.

WHAT THE gently caress

Hey does the Han Solo movie have Dash Rendar?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah I was gonna say, doesn't YMS want to violate California state law? (the joke is that he said something to that effect in a Cool Cat video)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sterdust won a match.

Bully, says I! BULLY!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hel posted:

Isn't that the point? By making references that most people get but presenting them as "secret & obscure" knowledge you are making most of the audience feel special, it's a cynical thing to do but it doesn't means it's not effective. I'm not familiar enough with Ernest Cline to know if it's intentional or if he's only familiar with the common stuff though.

Certainly works for a bunch of "top 10 things you didn't know about x" *lists things that actually everyone knows*

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Being an internet personality he should know better then most that people will never ever budge on something they believe in, you wait 5 years they'll still screech about gay marriage.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I mean he DOES realize just how long hate crimes against homosexuals and trans have been going on, right? Thousands of years. Another 5 isn't going to make people suddenly decide "hey this is a stupid thing to hate over".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because most things right now have turned into a political battleground because of various reasons. stupid fucks like jontron listened to chud types and picked up their talking points and then he hosed himself(rightfully) by outing himself. now he career is dead.

Is it though? As I said back when he did it, I completely stopped watching him, but didn't he start making videos like a year after doing it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so did i. I saw him in my mentions. its mostly infomercial poo poo and its every few months if that. it sucks that he went down that road, he was a funny dude.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JonTronShow/videos

last video was 6 months ago.

Oh, hm. Well then, guess his career is pretty in the dumps.

sexpig by night posted:

for a more real answer the right wing grift machine is really strong right now so there's almost no harm in going full on apologist. Like, that bubble's gonna pop real soon but even people like Contra are tossing in with miss Apartheid Was Actually Good and we're pretending Boogie is a 'centrist' still and all even after he literally posted a how-to guide for spreading GG poo poo during its height, it's still super profitable to play the 'I believe in a diversity of opinions' card to try to sip from that lake.

Thats whats really annoying me about politics on the internet. Remember that school shooter game that was on steam? Someone made a post on it saying "please don't take it down we NEED this game to own the SJWs". Its NEEDED. It is a necessity for that person to buy a, lets be honest, lovely game just to go "lol owned". Owned I say, as I buy a buggy rear end game. Wrecked I murmur as I buy an asset flip that replaces the zombie model with anita sarkessian. Triggered I call out as I change my auto deposit form to deposit straight into jordan's bank account. loving murked, I shout to the heavens as I use my house as collateral to fund SJW Slaughtering Grounds. Owned I say as the police forcibly vacate me from my house. Triggered I say as I manage to get a dollar in my tin can and mail it to davis. Owned owned owned are my final thoughts as I pass on in the gutter.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BobbyK posted:

What does Boogie even do on the internet? The only thing I've seen of him is a video of him opening toys while complaining that his ex-wife wouldn't have sex with him and that's why they divorced. Then a song came on that reminded him of her and he started crying. I thought it was a really poetic look at the average white male nerd in 2018.

Does he actually just make money by talking about how there's good people on both sides and we just need to be nice to bigots until they stop killing people? That's wild.

He talks about the corruption of modern game comp- Actually before I finish that sentence please support the show by using my audible link in the description below. Audible is a website that contains the largest library of audio books online. This week's featured audio book is Fifty Shades of Gray. Use my promo link and you will be given a free month's subscription to Audible dot com!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

I feel like trying to steer clear of politics and political discussion is difficult nowadays. Current events have a habit of trickling down into discussions of other things.

Especially when you get people coming after you and demanding you present your political views. I dunno if it was last thread or the one before that where some guy came charging at me, demanding to know who I voted for in 2016 and started accusing me of working a computer engineering job or something like that.

If that person is reading this, buddy, I wish I was this strawman of yours that had a computer engineering job cause that means I don't work at a crappy discount grocery store and would make enough money to not live in a ghetto where I've been broken into twice in the span of a year.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Was hoping she would do a belly flop onto the bed of porgs. 7/10
Also

Alacron posted:

I remember when Ninja Theory tried to hype up their Devil May Cry reboot by saying that their Dante was a super cool loner like the bad guy from Chronicle, unlike old Dante who was a fag like the guys from Brokeback Mountain.

Wow, and I thought the "new dante is better" thing from capcom was just that scene where a white wig flies onto new dante's head and he goes "not a chance" and tosses it.

Leal fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 24, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

i've always found companies alienating their existing fanbase in some attempt to gain more customers fascinating. has it ever worked??

Sure, CoD! Remember when CoD first came out and it was all about showing you the history of WW2 in a way that WASN'T in an American front? I remember my mind being loving blown, I played a lot of Medal of Honor but those games were basically you were in France fighting Nazis or you were on a Pacific island fighting the Japanese. Then CoD came out and it was like whaaa, Russians were in WW2? The British were in WW2?! Whaaat, I thought WW2 was just Americans, Germans and Japanese!

yes yes I know I was taught in school about other factions in WW2 and yes I know WW stands for WORLD war and as such there were multiple belligerents during that time.

Then CoD threw out all historical significance and fully went into the pro mlg kdr 1v1 me bruh crowd and its a cash train that has yet to derail.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Story of World: You are chasing after a monster that causes a cataclysm. It hangs out on an island. To help you kill this bigger monster, you kill smaller monsters and make gear and equipment out of their bodies, mine the ore and gather the herbs. Because it takes for god drat ever to sail from your home continent and as such there is no constant supplies coming in. In fact supplies are so short that the ships you arrive in are expected to be deconstructed and the materials recycled to help build necessities. And a concern for performing a massive attack on said cataclysmic monster is the fact that supplies are so short and they'll be screwed if the plan doesn't succeed.

A lot different from "YEE HAW THERES OIL ON THIS ISLAND, LETS START DRILLING AND CLEARCUT A FOREST TO OPEN A WALMART, MCDONALDS AND STARBUCKS!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Calaveron posted:

The monsters you kill in mhw ARE an invasive species, especially the big elder dragons who are essentially climate change you can wallop with an iron bagpipe and make a nice outfit with

No you don't understand. Your character, who is the player, who is most likely an American as Americans make up a sizable amount of the gaming population (imperialist), come onto a mass of land that isn't your homeland (invasion). While on this land and making camp (occupying) you go out and gather ores and herbs (exploiting resources) and kill sentient life (genocide)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

He can go gently caress himself into another panic attack.

Yeah like, I had some sympathy for him after being divorced. But now all I can think of is "I can see why"

Like mother fucker. Do you seriously think "oh they just need time" to accept something? Hey someone with a twitter account cause I don't do social media, @him something like "So what you're saying is gamers just need time to acclimate to microtransactions". I'm sure that'll set him off

Leal fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 25, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

so like

what does boogie actually do? does he talk about games?

Yes, he talks about games. At least recently, I never watched him before. He'll discuss his opinions on youtube and gaming culture. Also he'll stop every video in the middle to do a plug, I wasn't joking when I did that audible thing yesterday.

E: Which made me raise my eyebrow when he did a video about the microtransactions in Battlefront 2 and went "before I go let me talk about this vpn service here is my code"

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 25, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

most of those types do that now though. like all the podcasts i listen to plug the hell out of blue apron or audible.

Eh.. Like sure, throw something in the description, maybe a quick mention. But when your video is about how game companies want more money, then you take a minute and a half break from the video to do a sales pitch.. Just makes me roll my eyes as I skip past it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

khwarezm posted:

Doesn't matter, its not bug fighting anymore.

It's rock fighting

vs

Which rock is the better rock

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I can't believe Kabuterimon is loving dead.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
LGR talking about the Seasons expansion for Sims 4

I might get this just for the Simlish covers of pop songs.

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 25, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

So... Is this how animal rights will be earned :downsrim:

Thank you, thank you, I thank the first person in that twitter thread for that one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Just to keep the misery train going I found out Markiplier's niece was killed in a car accident.

What a lovely week.

:smith: Jesus Christ

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I Before E posted:

re-enacting Shakespeare plays but with barbed wire and light tubes.

You know, considering where my avatar is from, I should probably watch more wrestling.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

business hammocks posted:

Trump called McMahon to make sure he was ok after his car blew up during an episode of wrestling.

:vince:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah I only watched those 2, didn't really care to watch the rest. I will say though, nice jacking of the image from the 420.moe website on your lateste video you hack frauds :mad:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think Boogie wants change to come in at the same pace that he finishes a mile.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hey I actually got something besides shitposting today: Doug Walker! No wait, come back! He made a video on Fox Kids, I decided to give it a chance as I liked his Disney Afternoon one. loving wack man, the Nostalgia Critic making a video about something actually nostalgic?!

Now I haven't watched any of his stuff since... uh, I guess the Disney Afternoon video. His intro is freaking 37 second long now? Then we cut to basically a full minute of Doug snoring while the camera zooms in on his cohost's faces while random noises are played out. More skits till the 2 minute mark and he... explains the concept of Saturday mornings? Did he just admit that his viewers are no longer people wanting nostalgic stuff? The Fox Kids stuff doesn't fire off until 4 minutes in... after playing the intro to Fox Kids while cutting to Doug and Co dancing.

Also I swear to god the audio mixing sounds jacked in this, I don't mean from the 80s/90s clips. I mean from Doug and Co, its like they're moving their heads between each side of the mic while talking. They suddenly get louder in one ear, you know how at the start of Crazy Train Ozzy goes "aye aye aye" and it alternates between the left and right channel? Its like that. He's been doing this for a decade, c'mon son.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am amused how these morons just double down in their dumb awful bullshit. its sad.

Whats even sadder is people who will throw money at it to own the SJWs.

Also wasn't Lovecraft the guy who made a story where a black man knocks up a white woman and it causes the end of the world due to racial mixing?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Because I'm lazy, what the hell is thisgame suppose to be and how is it sticking it to the SJWs

Well see, all SJWs are pussies, as you can't say anything mildly racist without them being offended. With this game that uses some fourth edition home rules version of DnD you can enjoy block chain mining that only benefits the creator as you have to sign a waiver to hand all notbitcoins to the creator.

With dark and gritty stuff like "friendship" and "kindness" being low powered words meanwhile "kike" and "friend of the family" are high power words.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Garrand posted:

Obligatory

Man Hatoful Boyfriend got weird

so youtube is now trying to sell me on Walkman's stuff and he has an official NC episode on the Bartman music video. It has the full intro and an outro. I can't diss the outro, as its for charity. But the video barely breaks the 10 minute mark removing them. And it really is just him making snarky comments constantly over the music video. Also who are these team top 5 guys? Did they hire even more people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Re: Work and social media. You know how California legalized marijuana? Lot of people celebrated. On facebook. With pictures of them hitting the bong.

Next day they show up to work and get told to take a drug test. Then get fired for having weed in their system. Also people who are prescribed weed can still be fired for having it in their system.

Welcome to America!

E: This is why I do not have any form of social media. Not even my youtube channel has any connection to the real me. Facebook, twitter, myspace? Got none of that, need none of that.

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 6, 2018