Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Darth Walrus posted:

So someone somewhere else on the Internet said that the cancelled CA tenth anniversary special would have been based on Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.

Goddamn.

At least they weren't going with a riff on the original title.

Baka-nin posted:

Before this thread gets started I think we should all take a moment of reflection and look at the last threads wall of shame.

Yay, I made it. :unsmith:

Yardbomb posted:

Threadban BotL.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

KayTee posted:

(There should be an image attached to this. If not pretend there is until I get home from work!)

He's done it. He's gone and done it. He's lost his mind, and soon will lose his back. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

"This show brought to you by:"

* But nobody came...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dan seems to be live-tweeting reading the document:

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/984276988780163073

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Jenny posted:

I promised never, ever to tweet about them again...

I promised guys...

I PROMISED

It's beyond your control. Definitely beyond your control.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Jenny posted:

I am screaming. I myself can't even tell if it's laugh scream or rage screaming.

They are trying to through all of you under the bus, but they are only throwing themselves.

Edit: Wait, I have a better one: they are trying to throw you all under the bus, without realizing... that you are the bus. :kheldragar:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"You just smeared poo poo on my desk."

"Nu-uh, ask those girls I didn't put poo poo on their desks."

Edit:

Did Mike and the others think this was going to be like some sort of smoking gun they found to put the dissent to rest? Like "But you said everything was fine here in this video from years ago. NO TAKE-BACKSIES."

ACCUSATION - Sgt. Edwards claims he was kept in solitary for four years and subjected to crippling torture, resulting in the loss of his right leg.

FACT - Sgt. Edwards clearly says in this video, taking while he was in captivity, that he and his fellow men are treated great, and that his imprisonment is the fault of the Imperialists.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I recently got into Fiasco, and I feel like I'm watching a group of people playing a Channel Awesome playset.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So... uh... wow. I'm so sorry, former CA people here. Virtual hugs to everyone. :sympathy:

Anyway, now for something completely different: Pushing Up Roses has an episode up about EA*KIDS, a short-lived division of EA dedicated to publishing edutainment titles in the '90s!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2tYqUXkQ8

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Inadvertently related:

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/984608269460160512

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Puppy Time posted:

The Leonard French videos would be a delight.

Would he really cover it if it did not have anything to do with IP, though?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't know if I'll ever bother watching The Last Jedi. The Force Awakens felt too much like it was just the original Star Wars, but with better CGI, and I just don't actually like the Star Wars world enough to care about more stories there.

On the other hand, Solo: A Star Wars Story has Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, so I might watch it just for that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Relativity means that the only thing that matters is how they accelerate relative to each other. Running out of fuel means you can't accelerate anymore. It's not going to lead you to "warp speed" or whatever. On the other hand, you're going to have to use up a lot of fuel to accelerate in the opposite direction to go back home, unless you're fortunate enough to run into a star system in such a way as to do some gravity assists, and maybe some atmospheric deceleration, if you know what you're doing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

khwarezm posted:

Ellis or someone else?

Lindsay Lohan. Yes, she is a goon.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pants Donkey posted:

And Guru Larry as Himself

No, he should be played by Peter Molyneux. :getin:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lindsay 4 Mod

No, she has so much to live for!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nine-gear crow posted:

Ban everyone who baba booeys. No mercy.

Probably best if you discuss that in the mod forums. Here we're trying to cast Nostalgia Critical Meltdown.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Jenny posted:

yesssss give me unlimited power

hell, maybe THIS is my opportunity to truly, finally go down in flames

Please, for your sake, don't.

Or, for our sake, do and then do a video about it. I even have a title: "Something Awful Is Good In Moderation"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The truth of the matter is that most of the power is illusory, and your ultimate boss is absentee parent Lowtax who will occasionally come in promising that this time it will be different, only to disappear after he feels he's been slighted enough.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Roth posted:

When you put it that way, I'm already the mod of my own life. :unsmith:

:sympathy:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Paladin posted:

Wait, so you are saying she would be affiliated with a site plagued by absentee management and poor communication, largely left to fend for herself, while occasionally having her plans ruined by incomprehensible decisions from the higher ups who constantly promise change that is never delivered?

No need to worry about exposure or being able to put the time here on your resume, though! :v:

quote:

Edit: really though, the parallel I'm still waiting for is Larry showing up in this thread with, like, a 00 regdate pointing out he's been here the whole time too.

Plot twist: BotL is Larry.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What makes you think my joke could stand up under the most superficial scrutiny?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DoubleCakes posted:

It's worth a watch especially if you like space opera and the dragon dudes were so cool.

What if I'm more into space commedia dell'arte?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

lollontee posted:

might i recommend Guardians of the Galaxy to fit your tastes better

Eugh, MCU.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Oh, God, I used to listen to them when I was in high school. I'm cringing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

blur was the correct britpop band to listen to. gently caress oasis.

That's a strange way to spell Pulp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

HopperUK posted:

Came to post this. I was a teenage girl during the Blur/Oasis wars and the correct response was to listen to Pulp and be super snooty and above it all.

...Damon Albarn was hot and Liam Gallagher was whiny fight me

I envy you your taste. Not only did I had poo poo taste, I had some personal annoyance with a lot of 90s Israeli pop rock, which I'm now nostalgic for for some reason? :iiam:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:gb2fyad:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
NELLA'S ON A RAMPAGE WOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=impC-_6lAFM

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VanSandman posted:

Has Lindsay’s Hobbit Part 3 been released yet?

I'll let you know when we patrons get it. Then you'll only have three more days to wait!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BigglesSWE posted:

Will it come at all? I got mixed signals; like the ending of that second video was just a joke.

I hope we get more tho.

You might want to give those videos a rewatch, then.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Jenny posted:

Edit: Wednesday. The answer is Wednesday.

:neckbeard:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Now that I'm back (just as bad and twice as ugly), I can say that I really enjoyed Lindsay's hobbit three-halfology. I hope she does a piece about Hercules and Xena, which I imagine also had a bit of an impact on the New Zealand film industry, as well as introducing the world to Lucy Lawless, who is a blessing on us all.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Vagabundo posted:

Hercules and Xena was what more or less sustained the NZ film industry during he lean years of the 90s, which didn't really do much outside of a few big ones here and there - there were several high profile local films released like Once Were Warriors, but the vast majority of NZ films from this period were more or less being squeezed out of cinemas by American films (this isn't a go at American cinema, but just a simple statement of fact). Obviously the majority of the cast would do ads, TV shows like Shortland Street (a long-running soap opera set in a fictional hospital) and theatre, but so would the majority of the crew. Hercules and Xena provided a steady income and valuable major TV experience with huge exposure for a lot of the crew that worked on it.

Honestly, prior to Lord of the Rings, Sam Raimi did more for the NZ film industry than Peter Jackson did.

I guess it's difficult when you're competing with such a voluminous source of same-language cinema. Israeli cinema at least always had the advantage of being the only source of Hebrew-language film, while unlike Europe, dubbing movies that weren't for children has never been very common.

Arcsquad12 posted:

She did touch on Xena in her loose Canon video on Aphrodite. Seeing Karl Urban dressed up as a nineties punk Cupid was amazing and horrifying.

Yeah, I remember that one!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm going to be even more bummed when they cancel American Gods

Maybe Gormenghast and/or The Peripheral will take its place. :geno:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nine-gear crow posted:

That and Gillian Anderson told them all to gently caress off, she wasn't coming back for Season 2.

Oh, no, what did they do? :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Oh, I was worried they'd been poo poo to her specifically.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Apparently some comedy news channel got removed from Youtube? Crimson Studios? Or Crimson Films? Strangely enough, googling either of the two will land you on very different companies.

https://twitter.com/Crimson_Films/status/987472588061360129

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I Before E posted:

hosed up that they're called Crimson Studios but their main color brand seems to be a hideous ancap yellow.

They're just all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ricdesi posted:

I'm curious to see what happens here, but it seems like a risky move to counteract being terminated for spamming by telling your followers to spam YouTube's Twitter account to have it put back up. I guess that has a history of working, though. We'll have to see how it goes. What was this channel prior to their takedown?

I have no idea, it somehow found its way into my timeline.