Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Fart

Also Channel Awesome sux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Threadban BotL.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Top 10 babyyyyy

Also this deserves to be saved from the last thread.

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_p6l88lNQqP1rof9cl_480.mp4

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah that's in pretty poor taste all around unless someone straight came out with it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Best games of all time lists that are mostly old Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon titles.

I mean as tiring as it gets, Mario and Zelda did a lot of interesting things and influenced their genres a crazy amount and continue to do so, it'd be kind of dishonest to not have them in some top spots, even if it means most lists keep on ending up with SMB3, OoT/Majora's Mask and Half-Life 2 at the top.

YggiDee posted:

Wait, is Rampage actually based on the game? They made more Rampage games? Jesus, I thought that game died with the NES.

It kind of is but also no they did not, it's another "LET'S MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF BATTLESHIP!" situation.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well this is going to go well...

"QUICK DOUBLE DOWN "

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jesus

loving

Christ

The JW stuff is a heartbreaking development.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

somekindofguy posted:

Also love how the thread wants to get quiet now hmmmmmmmmm??? Not so funny hmmmmm??

Suck a gently caress sperg shitter.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 12, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

My bad, first part still stands though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Are there any news outlets covering this that could offer a primer on who all these people are and the history of the organization? I honestly am lost and this seems to be going to much darker places than I was anticipating.

At least in this most recent big case, JewWario (Justin Carmical) was a pretty well loved dude who did videos on importing games, collectibles and things like that, primarily they did a bunch of videos (You Can Play This) about japanese games you could import and play without knowing japanese. He 'left' Channel Awesome and just under a year later, committed suicide, which shook everything as hard as you'd expect, then this all comes to light and makes everything about it that much worse.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

lornekates posted:

Been waiting for a lull in the CA traumadrama to post.

So a certain admin, FactsAreUseless, has decided to demod me. This was out of nowhere, and without any consultation with me, or with any other admin. The only reason I got is that I was being "too professional", and enforcing rules. The only way I can read this is that someone didn't like their probe, and complained to their admin friend. Just my feeling. (FYI: it wasn't anyone in this thread. Y'all are cool and I love you).

This, needless to say, hurts quite a bit. I've been wanting to participate more in the recent discussion, but I'm a bit heartbroken. Being perfectly honest, I don't know if I'll do any more than lurk. On the other hand, I'll sleep on that for the weekend. If I do go away, please be not-assholes to each other.

Any discussion I've had with other mods or admins seems to boil down to "no one but FAU seems to have decided this, so nothing we can do". So if you want any more information about what happened, or reinstatement, that's something you'll need to discuss with the admin of your choice.

Given that RDG basically only has 6 threads of note, and only 2 of them produce mod reports, I'm completely baffled as to how anyone can think too much time is spent on mod reports for a particular thread. It's-- literally just statistics.

Kim Justice posted:

I think that lornekates' removal from modding this forum is an absolute disgrace. He was doing a fine job of moderating this forum, and for some loving admin who has no connection to here at all to just remove him like that is an utter joke.

gently caress this stupid board.

FactsAreUseless sucks and this sucks too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What about Iron Liz now? Last I saw anything of them it looked like they'd turned into one of the cheetoman's cultists and were defending the pathetic "Remove transpeople from the military" poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

There's more but I'll let folks listen to the stream for it.

Big fat hot tip, turn the chat off though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alaois posted:

Anyone who reacts like that to having their authority taken away should have never had it to begin with

Nah, they were fine and it sounds like some shitters were trying to get after them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

BotLs posts are at least entertaining

No

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The inane bullyhunters crap has unsurprisingly been picked up by a load of chuds as just another avenue to 'acceptably' harass women some more as well.

I was thoroughly unsurprised when every time I saw someone with a name referencing it in Dan's comments the other day, they were all peddling the various channer conspiracy theories.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Joey's World Tour

I was trying to think of their name without googling them because jesus christ, yeah if there's one person to watch who'll make you NOT want to eat, it's them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Garrand posted:

Most of them just want to hear someone talk about how they really are the victim and find sympathetic voices. I don't believe they are unreachable.

Despite efforts to always offload these things onto "Rednecks" and other barely coded "THE POOORS!" analogs, most of the neo-nazis alt-right are upper middle class shitheels, they're victims of nothing and deserve no sympathy.

Kim Justice posted:

Maybe more engagement would have been good to have a counter to their retrograde views?

It wouldn't have, you don't ignore them, you actively shut them out.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 18, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

My opinion is that Worstall needs a kick in the teeth.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bakeneko posted:

In that case, it seems like it would be completely ineffectual on top of everything else. If someone is willing to sleep on a hard stone bench, they’d probably also be willing to sleep on the ground, so really it's just a pointless nuisance.

They have to make sure you and especially all the filthy poors know that they'd rather skewer the homeless than tolerate being aware of their existence.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

business hammocks posted:

And have you seen the park benches with spikes that pop out at night?

Look at this poo poo, this is like literal Death Trap™ design.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kunster posted:

Also, Space Adventure Cobra.

I love that show's opening theme so much.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Robert Denby posted:

Also Bennet is the Ricky Gervais of anime critics, trying and failing to be provocative. I remember anytime someone gave the tiniest bit of praise to Evangelion or Akira or Grave of the Fireflies he was on Twitter to be all "Well actually those suck and the creators are hacks and you're wrong for liking them!"

His gripe with Grave of the Fireflies is that things the director said afterwards warped the tone of it all a lot for him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I really just haven't been able to deal with the YMS guy after they started going full chud, well, made it more clear they were that way I guess.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Falstaff posted:

What did he do? I've only started watching his videos recently, and I haven't noticed anything in particular.

He mostly keeps it out of YMS stuff, but they also do streams and LPs where boy are they unpleasant in those often enough. He's gone on "The essjooz!" screeds, he's got some friend or another who's glad to drop slurs at random and they don't make a peep about it, gets into the really tired kind of edgy bullshit attitude, just whew did that all turn me off of them pretty bad.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Koalas March posted:

I was just about to say this! Their review of Acrimony was great and made me want to see it. I kinda admire Tyler Perry in a weird way though.

I always want to like Tyler Perry for a few things, but it feels like every other movie or so has a "Hit your kids" moment that kind of torpedoes everything for me. Like man you can make family movies without playing to that kind of "family", on that point at least he needs an unironic "Get with the times."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Botl isn't worth a fraction of the words being thrown over their head.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I've still yet to watch Wonder Woman because Gal Gadot grosses me out, it's one of those times where a crap person pollutes the product too much for me to stomach.

Also

Yardbomb posted:

Threadban BotL.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jimbot posted:

How so? I know she was part of the IDF but I don't recall her having (at least public) anti-Palestinian views.

She eventually let it slip a little.

It's just the most eye-rollingly typical IDF rear end kissing and that alone's gotten to be enough for me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol it's not like it's new that the idf has been doing horrid poo poo to the palestinians.

If you're far enough down the hole to be posting #weareright #stopterror #loveidf in the same string, you're probably not coming around any time soon either.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Right. Well, nice to see you were all able to remain calm and rational while I away this morning/afternoon.

Anyway, I'll state it officially here just so that everyone can FINALLY shut the gently caress up about it, but given his little preformance over the course of today... and you all's response to it , BravestOfTheLamps is no longer welcome to post in this thread because of the earth-rending disruptions he causes every goddamn time he hits the Submit Reply button. And I shall make drat sure that this continues to be policy under my eventual successor, not that I imagine they will need much convincing.

Thank you for your time.

Thank the friggin lord.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I still wish John Cygan had voiced Big Boss in MGSV.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ricdesi posted:

So I'm not insane, then, for not knowing who this guy was until like a month ago, cool.

If you ever wanted to sell me a conspiracy theory, it'd be one about how this dope suddenly gained a berjillion gatrillion followers overnight playing the same boring flavor of the month games as everyone else.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ricdesi posted:

I literally only found out this guy exists because of the media shitstorm from dropping an N-bomb on his stream.

I thought that was pewdiepie unless all these people are just terrible, which I could believe. Big twitch channels are trash, small to medium ones are nice.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Not really, the prospect of "gently caress death" pretty well appeals to anyone but crazies.

Getting there is the difficulty but if the option was "Die" or "Never Die" I'm gonna say people would pick the latter regardless of the majority of backgrounds.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

there has to be botting going on. an almost nobody becomes the most subbed stream pretty much overnight and has absolutely lapped everyone else. doesn't even have a gimmick like dr disrespect either.

Yeah that's been my thought from the start, that story doesn't sound like "WOW! INCREDIBLE! STREAMER BECOMES MEGASTAR OVERNIGHT!" that just sounds like "So someone sneakily invested some fat rear end cash in this guy huh?"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Leal posted:

Oh, looks like its not on steam so that pretty much means it isn't on PC

You have to play it off the trash rear end Epic launcher, which also led to a giant account compromise situation not too long ago because the security on that's as good as you'd imagine.

Leal posted:

I mean, its just death by old age caused by our molecule degenerating. I think we're a long ways away from stopping a bullet from killing a person.

Yeah, "immortality" when it potentially ever happens is gonna be like fantasy race "functional immortality", you don't die with time but a knife is still gonna kill you.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I really feel like it's a matter of time before some huge story blows up about this, it feels so obvious.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

With the world being as crazy at it is, and trending towards getting more awful, I would honestly prefer dying, as opposed to living forever to see how much worse things get.

See that's stupid though, the world's not, the lovely people are more visible but they're steadily dying and being overwhelmed. The neo-nazis and all that garbage are dangerous, but they're louder because they're getting a parting peep out from their regular sadboy death spiral, the frogmen and their like are even easier, they crumple at the very implication of real resistance. Smoothbrains like the administration are some of the most hated we've ever had, they were put in place primarily by a broken system exploited by conmen. Injustices are shoved back against harder today than they were before, terrible people get told to gently caress off louder, progress regardless of constant speed is winning out. Get that dumb defeatist crap out mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol this is hilariously naive.

Nah, blow me shitter. This is like the morons that play "B-BUH CRIME IS SO NIGHTMARISH NOW, THE WORLD SCARRRY" when violent crime rates have been dropping for a while now.

It's almost like the world at large and the declining bad things are just more visible now!

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 25, 2018