Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Joseph Anderson is good and I like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Uh, I think Jenny is my favorite, and I decided this after watching a bunch of her videos today because of the recommendations here.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Dragon Prince is really good but Callum kinda sucks even though he's my precious son. The animation didn't bother me but it makes me sad that it was an obstacle for others.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I can't imagine ever defending a game company for announcing a predatory phone game re-skin, but I can understand why the company is doing it.

I'll defend people voicing their displeasure with the announcement, but I can't imagine getting that mad about it in the first place. Especially since it seems a lot of people would've been placated with a title card.

So my knee jerk reaction is to be like "wait, people are mad about this? loving gamers!" but it's more nuanced than that

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Joseph Anderson was right about SMO and BOTW and FO4 so I'll be watching his FO76 video

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

somekindofguy posted:

Little behind the curve, what did Natalie Wynn say to get her into Twitter hot water again?

I ask as Contrapoints rides again, this time with a video on Opulence .

if you google "contrapoints pronoun circle" you could probably find as much as you want about it. it was a huge derail here, but the gist is that some non-binary people objected to tweets about declaring pronouns. it was pretty complicated and has to do a lot with her history of talking about passing and self-identification. Someone in the left tube thread had a long post about it, but it's a long-standing issue.

edit: oh and as always, it was not just the first tweet that was the problem, but she kept tweeting through it

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 13, 2019

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

UnfurledSails posted:

I wish there was a browser extension or something that you can use to put threads on ignore so you never see them

doesn't SALR do this? can't find it right now, so maybe it's only the firefox version

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like true crime stuff has always been more of a woman thing? In the same way that there's always been a contingent of women a little too into serial killers.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Joseph Anderson pretty much nailed my thoughts about BOTW, which is a game I really love and have played through multiple times and constantly watch streams of.

1) Weapon durability sucks
2) There's not enough different types of enemies
3) The shrines are mostly easy and like a quarter of them are combat shrines
4) The dungeons are pretty cool but I wish they were more distinct and the bosses were cooler and there were more of them

Basically, BOTW is really amazing until the "game" gets in the way. Going around, exploring, and trying to find stuff is really cool (except for the part where what you find tends to be underwhelming).

His thoughts on Mario Odyssey were pretty similar, a lot of it being that he wished each moon were more meaningful, and also that a bunch of moons weren't super same-y across all the worlds. I think in both cases, the games were kind of made with short sessions in mind, which can hurt if you intend to sit down and play them in long bursts.

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 9, 2020

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

The reason everybody posts twitter threads is because nobody clicks links on twitter but people will read a thread.

Like, around 10% of my twitter feed at any given moment is people passing around a lovely, enraging headline that doesn't match the article at all because nobody clicks anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

This is weird because Ben Domenech of the Federalist and Husband of Meghan McCain literally just had a twitter argument with Nikole Hannah-Jones where he said White Cubans don't exist, Spaniards aren't white, and he isn't white because his family owned slaves in Cuba or some poo poo