Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I don't see why we couldn't have both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Jimbot posted:

It's that time again! Everyone's favorite fence-sitting one-step away from being a MAGA chud said something incredibly :psyduck:.

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1036670361968889856

Neutron stars aren't as hot as that take.

He's gonna Boogie oogie oogie til he just can't Boogie no more.

Ah Boogie, Boogie no more.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
"Hide your gays" :thunk:

"Rose Quartz is a loving oval office" Classy.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Macaulay Culkin kind of looks like Steve Buscemi nowadays, at least to me.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Unlikely to happen on a large scale, because money.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

How long has Doug not had hair

As far as I'm aware he's always been balding (that's why he wears the hat), but July 2017 is when he shaved his head.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 28, 2019

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Oh right, Mewt was bullied, I think? It’s been forever.

Mewt was the one that got hit in the head with a rock during the snowball fight. Ritz was also bullied for dyeing her hair.

Funfact: The bullies almost immediately show up as zombies after the switch happens.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Leal posted:

Has the guy actually done anything other then write a book about how SMB3 changed his entire reality?
Very cringey live-action segments to his "Game Overthinker" series.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

ArfJason posted:

But shaun is a skull with glasses.
And that was a skull with glasses. :confused:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Well boogie treated his girlfriend like poo poo, so what else would it be?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Starting to think this guy isn’t actually very professional at all.

I bet Jared isn't even his REAL NAME :tinfoil:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Alois calm the gently caress down and stop taking it personally if people don't read your effortposts.
I think it's less that McCloud didn't read it and more that McCloud directly asked them about it and then immediately dismissed it because they thought it was about a completely different person.

FWIW Alaois I read and appreciated your Zak S post because I haven't kept up on that whole situation since I stopped lurking the Trad games forum well over a year ago.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 22, 2019

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Instead of the whole aftermarket system where you can get different manufacturer parts on different guns, they should just focus on specializing each manufacturer further. Instead of a maliwan SMG with a bandit scope, all maliwan guns use maliwan parts so you know what you're getting, rather than looking at a guns initial stats before realizing it's dogshit because you didn't pixel hunt well enough to spot the bad aftermarket part slapped on it.

Or maybe just have guns you can customize yourself, rather than being solely at the mercy of RNG?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

A looter shooter without rng? Next you'll suggest we just sell people items instead of giving them randomized loot boxes!
More like the random drops are parts rather than full guns, or being able the scrap gun drops for their parts.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Roth posted:

Why do I feel like I never hear about these Youtubers or whatever until they do something really lovely?

I had no idea who this DrDisrespect guy was until today.

Because despite being "Massively popular" they're still only niche celebrities. The only reason I know who Dr. Disrespect is is from seeing clips/memes about him when idly scrolling through what's popular on reddit during my lunch break so if you're not seeing r/PUBG and/or r/livestreamfail you were pretty much never going to hear about him unless he did something lovely, or you got into the twitch pubg/fortnite streaming crowd.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Not really a zing when the dude almost immediately agreed to it (Because he wants Dan to give him a platform).

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

It's also the best Star Trek currently being produced.

Damning with faint praise.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Is bath water a euphemism for something?

It is literally used bath water, friend.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Leal posted:

Ogre Battle: Fat Bottomed Girls. Do it Square!

The long awaited spin-off "Ogre Battle: Bicycle Race".

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuRsvqMqbUU

Basically just watch this. If you can't stand it, or think they're being too harsh, you probably won't like chapo. If you get frustrated at the kind of people they're talking about instead, then you might like them. It's not the best tool to determine if you like either, but if you don't feel up to listening to hours of podcasts to decide, it's not terrible.

This video tells me nothing about PSA, but it certainly makes CTH seem like a bunch of assholes. Like, politically we might have the same goals, but they're extremely off-putting.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

However, if this fictionalized Germany is portrayed as having backstabbing politicians and unreliable minorities then it may draw from the national myth that the Nazis created.
It doesn't, not really, especially not the latter. What it does have is God setting things up to gently caress the protagonist over constantly because she's such an rear end in a top hat.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I only watched the anime and even I'm saying you're just grasping at straws dude. There is only one person above Tanya that is portrayed as competent and it's the dude who is immediately suspicious of her.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Yep that certainly is exactly one thing that happens in the show, good thing that's one small part of literally the first season and it happens solely to make that single soldier's life worse.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

Then don't have the Nazi girl win.
She doesn't win, literally everything she does gets her further from her goal and makes more and more people want her dead.

Tanya winning would be her achieving her goal of just having a quiet life with a cushy desk job, which will never happen, because she's the bad guy.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

It's unrealistic in ways that just so happen to line up with the fantasy world Nazi propaganda claimed existed.

Here's another major thing thing you're missing, the fact that, despite Tanya steamrolling everything she has figured out that things are just going to end the same way they did in real life, so congrats

Germany winning WW1 through aggressive heroics was an impossibility. To pretend otherwise is going to always be playing into Nazi propaganda.

The impossibility is noted, "Germany" is still going to lose, and the story isn't pretending otherwise! Hooray! Your complaint is solved, it's not in fact nazi propaganda because the author actually has views aligning with you! We can all be friends!

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

One day I will convince literally anyone other than me that Hunter x Hunter 2011 is kinda bad actually

I'm curious what made it bad to you as opposed to just being okay.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

its poorly paaaaaaaaaaaaaced

Yeah I agree.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
His One-shot afterwards wasn't any better though.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah Chungus is the name Jim uses a lot for videos where a character name is required.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
It's clearly pronounced huh-three huh-three like you're trying to tell someone the license plate of a car that just did a hit and run while chasing it.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

:ironicat: Coming from a former Game Grump.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

whats a good anime

A dead one.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vichan posted:

It's a loving travesty that grounded story-heavy TRPGs never really took off.

I've heard about Ogre Battle 64 and it looks good, I might have to check it out!

Ogre Battle 64 not getting a DS remake/sequel is one of the biggest disappointments for me in gaming.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Kunster posted:

To with Mother's Basement: I stopped reading the comic when they left Not Antarctica with the Dragon Kid. How much chapters I have to read until I get back up to speed.

Just under 300

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Click is good, so I won't be watching this. :colbert:

Sounds like you should make a 25 hour response video.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

I hate this poo poo so much.

I also can't figure out how to embed images for some reason

I'm torn between hoping these are his children and not wanting this guy to have children.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Pretty sure Punisher works for Hydra Cap during Secret Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Have any of the Disney remakes been at all good thus far? I've only ever heard bad things about all of them.

Leal posted:

Never forget that one SS13 server where they had to ban ERP, not because of any of the reasons one would think to not have it in their servers. No it was because players kept loving on operating tables and not bothering to actually do any doctoring that other players were left to die and it actually caused enough of a ruckus for the mods to step in and say no more.

One? :raise: