Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zedd posted:

Alright that should be the OP outside of the food related content, ill format and put those in later.
If you see any glaring omissions or mistakes let me know.

Defunctland should probably go in the list right around Tony Goldmark, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Wasn't that John Oliver?

i misread which part of the post this was questioning and thought you were asking if John Oliver was a pedophile

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EVEN DURING ALL THIS

EVEN DURING ALL THIS

WE STILL FIND TIME TO ARGUE ABOUT loving STAR WARS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

Dude, this is really loving horrible for some people. Kindly let them come down for a space and talk about other things in the thread if they need to.

no trust me, I completely understand and respect that.

what i do not understand and respect is the desire to replace that with rehashing the exact same loving arguments about the last jedi over and over again instead of talking about literally anything else

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lornekates posted:

Been waiting for a lull in the CA traumadrama to post.

So a certain admin, FactsAreUseless, has decided to demod me. This was out of nowhere, and without any consultation with me, or with any other admin. The only reason I got is that I was being "too professional", and enforcing rules. The only way I can read this is that someone didn't like their probe, and complained to their admin friend. Just my feeling. (FYI: it wasn't anyone in this thread. Y'all are cool and I love you).

This, needless to say, hurts quite a bit. I've been wanting to participate more in the recent discussion, but I'm a bit heartbroken. Being perfectly honest, I don't know if I'll do any more than lurk. On the other hand, I'll sleep on that for the weekend. If I do go away, please be not-assholes to each other.

Any discussion I've had with other mods or admins seems to boil down to "no one but FAU seems to have decided this, so nothing we can do". So if you want any more information about what happened, or reinstatement, that's something you'll need to discuss with the admin of your choice.

Given that RDG basically only has 6 threads of note, and only 2 of them produce mod reports, I'm completely baffled as to how anyone can think too much time is spent on mod reports for a particular thread. It's-- literally just statistics.

Anyways, I'll try not to rant too much. Continue on the discussion.

My contribution (if it's my last): Diamanda Hagan just dropped a review of Chirpy 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-CH750yqY If you don't know what Chripy is, Google her original review of it.

It's about a horse loving a bird. yup.

And FWIW, I just became a top-tier Patreon of hers, so sometime in the future there'll be a ep-by-ep TV series review of my choice, and a possible cameo.

baba booey

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FoldableHuman posted:

Is Mudkiper BotL's alt?

I wish

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

definitely not at all psychotic

e: Note the pathetic attempt at "doxxing" there

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Anyone who reacts like that to having their authority taken away should have never had it to begin with

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

khwarezm posted:

I you don't mind me asking, what was your connection to CA?

its lindsay

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WampaLord posted:

:agreed:

Free lornekates, they did nothing wrong and it's lovely to look at a large post and go "wow this person is obviously insane" when they're just trying to be as accurate as possible to avoid causing new problems.

the fact that you think it was the length of the post and not the content that made lornekates look like they were unfit to hold any form of power over anyone makes it pretty clear you either didn't actually read it or you think that's an acceptable way to talk and behave, not after being punished, but just for being relieved of duty from something.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does Lush count as a britpop band when only their last album was really any kind of britpoppy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no, sub-300 views is about appropriate for what k. waste puts out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's not a car, and it's not for the Americas or Europe!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man incapable of eating hot dogs wonders about career prospects of strangers on the internet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also there was that time he defended loving animals, that was weird

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

:same:, but it was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I liked his earlier works, but at some point his reviews of newer / popular stuff felt like it boiled down to being offended that everyone else liked it.

I mean, poo poo, the man spent some time explaining how awesome it was that one of the credits text in Schenectady New York faded weirdly and that it Meant Something.

do you actually think the movie is called this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this thread fuckin sucks

Roth posted:

Also, this poo poo's dumb, here's a new Defunctland video on Superstar Limo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2L-bZiqckM

this however, fuckin rules

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

khwarezm posted:

To a comical degree. In their Half in the Bags its gotten to the point that every single episode seems to have Mike bring up obscure star trek episode that have the most tangential relationship to whatever they're talking about, prompting Jay to look at the camera clearly longing for death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reApQlk5JiA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhKqs7dUMa8

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cosmically_cosmic posted:

If you watch the pre-rec stream, ask him about it because I also found it very weird. It wasn't like a joke either, he was just like 'yeah my fave film is prob the fountainhead, I really identify with the main char etc'

are you perhaps confusing The Fountainhead with the Darren Aronofsky movie The Fountain

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

She is smug in a more paternalistic rather than aggressive way.

:thunk:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sandy Irons was banned by George Noory due to Irons simply calling in to bash fan theories surrounding Supreme Leader Snoke of the Star Wars franchise. Irons' final call in was on August 16, 2017 when he shouted over the phone, "Your Snoke theory sucks! All Snoke theories suck!" as soon as he got on the line. Noory simply asked Irons for his own Snoke theory and Irons began shouting again. Noory dumped him mid-shouting and Irons was banned from the program.[20]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

The last thing this thread needs is arguing about Cine D

i'm gonna start using all 5 limbs as studied in the Burmese martial art of Lethwe to set some goddamn order in this thread if it comes to this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

^i saw what you originally posted motherfucker so instead i'll post a different video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv0v0VCVgJ4

Alaois fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 21, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/WingChunNews.ca/videos/802448903294257/
rare, exclusive footage of me (saenchai) vs everyone in this thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stillvisions posted:

Look, we're trying to get away from Star Wars arguments, stop bringing up Thai Fighters.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can you also ban mel from the thread because he is a wretchedly bad poster everywhere he goes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

psh that's some child's play, i'm putting a 300+hp 3.5 liter v6 in my sw20 :smuggo:. hell maybe when the swap is done i'll see about having it on rcr if nobody beats me to it, since it's rapidly becoming the go-to swap for that car these days.

i'm also entered in the drawing to win this mr2 just for shits 'n giggles

also ls swaps are only really offensive if they are put into a rotary car. rotary -> ls swap people are bad and unimaginative

have fun with the snap oversteer :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Droyer posted:

Off-topic but this is from a fairly obscure anime I just started watching this weekend so seeing it pop up here was a fun coincidence. In the unedited version he's asking if the butterfly is a pigeon.

its a hot new meme

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm glad we traded out botl with botl but whinier and with even less concrete beliefs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

y'know, I wasn't gonna bite on this hook because I don't know you OP, maybe you're having a bad day or something, who knows. but like, maybe chill?

i hope you've been working on your omoplata defense motherfucker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ernest Cline wrote Fanboys with Adam Goldberg and suddenly a lot more things in the world make sense

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Oh, that's right.

My point still stands, though. CTR is the best kart racing game. :colbert:

can I @ you to agree

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does he say anything racist

e: nevermind that isn't his racism channel, move on

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

lol, suddenly everyone and their mother had a Primal video :D

Ubi never got in touch with me though, shame as I wouldn't have minded trying Far Cry: 10,000 BC.

I'm interested in playing 5 though really, only because I'm really jonesing to climb towers, raid bases, hunt with a bow and set things on fire...couldn't give a toss about the story tbh, sorry folks. FC3 remains one of my favourites of the last decade, mind.

bad news, there's no towers to climb, no point in hunting animals because there's nothing to craft, and the flamethrower is possibly the worst flamethrower i've ever used in a video game and that's saying something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the brief time I played Far Cry 5 it gave me the feeling of a movie that was in development hell and passed around between different directors and editors to try and salvage something out of it, so you have these deathly serious cutscenes interspersed with disjointed, frenetic open world gameplay and irreverent jokey dialogue being piped into your ear and South Park-esque mission intros for recreating a famous stuntman's stunts and nothing about the game felt like it was a coherent, focused project made by humans

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe he means it in the other sense of the word you often see in athletics scouting, where a 17 year old kid has the size and stature of a 30 year old, he's a real manchild.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

I mean, Mafia 1's whole appeal was that it was a sleeper open world hit, so I'm not sure why 2 wouldn't have started as an open world game too. That's the whole reason why 2K bought up the dev team.

Though there was also scuttlebutt that that one racist idiot was a terrible project director. (Don't think he was the writer on it?)

Daniel Vavra was the lead designer, writer and director of Mafia 1 and I'm not sure about his other roles but he was definitely a writer on 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

randy pitchford has an undying attachment to a game he playtested nearly 30 years ago and he will sink his company in pursuit of making it relevant again