Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

why is it so hard to video youtube videos about media or whatever that doesn't have these people's faces talking straight into the camera for 95% of the video? is it part of a "create an internet following" handbook that people relate better to a face or something?

i'm madder about this than I should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

unfortunate to see that Jim Sterling is still grating to listen to.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

He's easier on the ears than a lot of youtube gaming critics, but that sadly doesn't mean much.

drat whose worse than sterling?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

I always found TB (RIP) a lot more insufferable, but there's a whole host of folks that are just plain grating. Many of them waging holy crusades against the "SJWs"

I always assumed if you had no job prospects after school in the UK they gave you a top hat and a gaming PC so you could make a living on YouTube.

I put TB and Sterling in the same category of youtubes that live by retelling internet drama but with lukewarm video game takes sprinkled in.

I used to listen to destructoid's podcast like 12 years ago and sterling has barely changed.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

never trust some twitter shithead who posts 1000 tweets in a row

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

i'm a person who believes that all politics is divorced from creating media and never like movies or video games or comics that have politics shoved into them.

also my fat naked body is melded to my computer chair

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Is Jenny Nicholson's whole "mindless merch consumption" thing ironic? Does light criticism of Disney's properties matter if you've spend thousands of dollars on giant Porgs?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

business hammocks posted:

Jenny Nicholson gets my attention because her irony shield is so perfect. She might (might) be the first web 2.0 native to do this poo poo and gives off this slight hint of suppressed menace at all times, like she’d loving eat you alive and is just choosing to have a good time at any particular moment. Like, it’s hard to describe, but I really wouldn’t want to mess with her. I can’t really describe it, but it might peel off some of the chuds.

dude haha

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Posting this again, since I think it went unnoticed, and seems somewhat related to the topic at hand:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/324698/Meet_some_of_the_indie_devs_quietly_pushing_the_JRPG_genre_forward.php

LISA was really cool but that YIIK game looks like dogshit.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Doofus famous for opening CS:GO cases and reacting crashes his 100,000 dollar car because he was driving the wrong way down a road. He kills two people.

gently caress this loser. The void created online from his absence will quickly be replaced by someone else more annoying.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

cap youtubers/streamer's pay at 75k a year

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Solo sucked. Rogue One sucked. The mainline films are barely passable but still boring and too safe.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I like RLM but I can't watch another video about Star Wars. I loved the movies as a kid and poo poo but I can't get excited about a Disney product. They really aren't for me, anyway. Also people acting like seeing a movie from a multi-billion dollar media mega-conglomerate is resisting conservative values because some internet nerdlord called the purple-haired lady a oval office or whatever need to get some perspective in their life.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

*digs through Mike's mail for a month" OK GUYS I FINALLY HAVE THE EVIDENCE THAT RLM IS ALT RIGHT

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

How the gently caress is TLJ a political target? Are people still mad about the black character or is it even dumber?

Please stop making Disney movies your hill to die on.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

e X posted:

I think we can all agree that the most important, and most noble, form of activism is to defend the movies of multi billion dollar companies from altright twitter trolls.

Activism through posting and consumption baby!

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Pancakes are alt-right because they are smooth like a chud's smooth brain.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I can't wait for the flood of narrative-driven indie games about a quiet introverted writer who tries to make it through an oppressive and dominating cyberpunk world by being really nice to flood itch.io in about 2 months.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Jimbot posted:

You can look forward to that one coming out where basic income and gender fluidity leads to the downfall of creativity and civilization or someshit like that.

The scene where the PC Cybercops bust open your door and make you trans is gonna be awesome.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I liked that they made Luke question the implications of being a Jedi and poo poo but the jokes were loving stupid.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I wish I could go back to a week ago when I didn't know about this cinemasins channel because this poo poo is insufferable.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

which 4k blu ray should I buy to test my new tv

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

i used to hate furries but then I grew up and got some perspective on the world and figured out there were a lot more things more deserving of my energy. who cares if people gently caress in suits

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

We're doing that.

Also I reopened the doc with the half-finished prequel defense script today. It's such a weird project to figure out how to execute in the best way.

What's your thesis for a prequel defense?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

These video essay dorks SERIOUSLY need to learn to cut down on their ramblings.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Jimbot posted:

It's that time again! Everyone's favorite fence-sitting one-step away from being a MAGA chud said something incredibly :psyduck:.

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1036670361968889856

Neutron stars aren't as hot as that take.

when is boogie gonna die from fat? how long?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

moviebob and boogie should sumo wrestle for the top spot of king idiot

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

is this what he said when his wife told him to do the dishes? no wonder she left.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

I like how the way he phrased that means he's saying his fans aren't capable of critical thought.

he ain't wrong

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I wanna fuckin scissor kick moviebob every time I see him tweet

:emptyquote:

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

drat this is good

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

RLM's non-Plinkett stuff was really disillusioning and informative to me when they started doing those. Like you're getting a look past the layers of intellectualising that come into the process when you're writing a script for a character. I remember that Ghostbusters 2 commentary where they nostalgically remembered a bunch of the "great moments" from the first movie in contrast to 2, which they remembered as bad, and then almost every one of the moments they mentioned happened later in the movie.

Plinkett had always been these opinions and half-remembered fragments of films they hadn't seen in a while or thought about much, conglomerated into some sense of critical analysis. It was simply presented better. And when you realise the difference between making a decent video and actually having a point, a lot of things start to fall into place.

yeah, well, who has more youtube subscribers? checkmate dumbass

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

The movie bob is a freak and I hope he never finds love or happiness and dies in obscurity.

40-Degree Day fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 9, 2020

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Twelve people viewed Wendig's books on the IA.

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/1271534578377854985

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Anthony Burch got cucked by Rip Smoulderboulder and occasionally I remember that fact and it makes me chuckle.

His ex-wife got their Wii-U in the divorce. This makes me chuckle.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The absolute wildest thing about Hamilton is that it came out a little while ago that any time a major person of importance like Obama or the Clintons or whatever was in attendance, LMM would duck out and make his understudy do the part so he could watch the important people watching the show instead.

what a freak. immortal technique should have stuffed him in trashcans more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

stupid rear end brooklyn podcast drama. divert your eyes and ignore.