Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Zedd posted:

So how about come content?!

Movies :

TV, Animation and Anime :

Videogames :

Toys :

Other media :

State of the world / Politics :

Other :

Keep it like this please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

The internet critic thread reflects the quality of internet criticism.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

I'm glad that goons have started referring to posters they don't like by euphemisms for evil wizards in bad children's books.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Oh, how does Jacobs review the books? I've reviewed them myself, so I'm a but curious.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

What are boglins, and are they as cute and sexy as porgs?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

The modern leftist possesses the courage and willingness to denounce resurgent Nazism at every turn, but is undone by a catgirl strawman of their own ideology.

Hopefully they never find out about political ideology catgirls.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah, oh man, that crazy rose twitter

They're really just so ridiculous, aren't they?

I mean, what kind of crazy rear end in a top hat could look at our current way of life and how we treat the poor and disenfranchised and think, "Man, our current economic system is on the wrong path, and is violently anti-human"

Those silly millenials really need to get their heads out of the clouds and realize that the corporate executives are our friends, and should be supported.

Really, they're all just so lazy and entitled.

Thankfully we don't have any major issues threatening to destabilize the world or anything, so they'll have plenty of time to sit back and calmly grow older and settle down into a respectable centrist lifestyle.

lol

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Any internet critic reviewing anti-homeless architecture?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

I bet they don't even talk about Rose of Versailles.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Kunster posted:

Rose of Versailles is one of those shows that only very recently got an english translation and didn't have much effect other than "huh, ladies sure do like two male voices exasperatingly declaring their platonic brotherly totally not romantic love to eachother, h- oh they gently caress on the second to last episode. Huh." Until said translation.

No excuses.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Anime used to be about a lot of things, like sports and murder, but now all of it is about people reincarnating as video game characters. This illustrates the concept of samsara.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Walrus posted:

At least one anime this season is about murder via sports.

No.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

ralph's one of the few guys that talked about how bad the most recent season of got

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe I'll watch the Ralph video on GOT. Might save me a season. I don't know why but my excitement of that show died hard with the last season.

Surely you don't need a critic to tell you that GoT is and always has been bad.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

"You clearly like the wrong movies" I say as I queue up my Game of Thrones marathon

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

I know that pop culture has short memory, but I don't see how you can argue that GoT is any good even compared to other historical schlock like I, Claudius. It was always an overproduced soap opera that relied on shock and transgression rather than on good writing or acting, that presented bland cynicism as political insight, and all around provided a flat and distorted view of history under the pretext of fantasy.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 20, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

the worst season of game of thrones is better than batman v superman as much as that pains me to say.

Batman v Superman has visuals and themes, something that no season of Game of Thrones has provided so far.

I mean, have you actually seen decent historical soap opera like I, Claudius? It's not even fair to put GoT up against it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Explain how. 500 word minimum.

Sure.

Game of Thrones is a landmark in television production, showing remarkable technical and logistical achievements in television, with countless man-hours consumed by the accomplishment of its practical and digital effects. But there is absolutely no artistry to Game of Thrones. For all of its sweeping landscapes, complex costuming, and large-scale sets, it is only notable on the level of budgeting and logistics. That Game of Thrones has no “visuals” means that there is no imagery worth remembering in it.

From Ada Palmer’s article Hollow Crown: Shakespeare’s Histories in the Age of Netflix

Its cinematography is merely functional. Scenes are staged and shot drably. Even the costuming is stunningly unimaginative, and the series has helped innovate the dull look that dominates modern historical drama. This is a period of history that loved the colourful and the gaudy, something acknowledged repeatedly in the turgid original novels, yet most everyone in the series is draped in mute leathers or furs.

Much can be excused by the nature and demands of television, but not all. Providing striking cinematography is not television’s forte, but Game of Thrones simply does not look good. Its creators have evidently forgotten some lessons from theatre. Neither theatre nor television are really in the business of visual storytelling, as much as in providing visual elements to stage and frame performances and narrative. Both theatre and television depend on regularity, consistency, and reuse of visual elements – with Henry V one finds Shakespeare explicitly struggling with the great changes of scenery. Thus one might suggest that in theatrical drama and television, visuals are a question of establishing a distinct and flexible visual identity, attractive but unobtrusive. Thus we cannot help but to notice how Game of Thrones looks worse than Blackadder. Can anyone say that they truly enjoy looking at the dragons more than the ruffles in the second series (I willingly court controversy by naming it as my favourite season)? It wasn't really my idea to compare Batman v. Superman, a movie, to Game of Thrones, a television series, but the former’s vibrant visuals show success in its field, while Game of Thrones is visually inexpressive. In the field of television, the show’s visual successes are few, like the White Walkers.

And that example leads us to themes, because everyone will agree that the White Walkers are some of the most boring antagonists to ever grace television. They serve in the role of Satanic evil, but are mute B-movies villains without any character to them. We see Doomsday in Batman v Superman as a horrible, perverse reflection, but the White Walkers nothing. They perfectly illustrate the vacuity of the series, providing ineffective apocalyptic horror that is detached from bulk of the action, which is bland feudal intrigues. That Game of Thrones is without “themes” means that it is without insight into its subject matter. Its chief contribution to public discourse has been the title phrase itself, impressing more on the strength of its brand than any insight into Machiavellian politics.

Fantasy can convey truth, but it will just as easily drift apart from reality. Game of Thrones features an endless series of crimes and atrocities, but they only function to induce shock and surprise. The purpose of every scene is to build up to and justify the next big twist. It’s too broad to say anything in specific, but too narrow to provide anything but repetitive shocks and transgressions. Batman v. Superman has something to say about the world with its fantastical superhero setting. It even managed to predict that piss-related conspiracies would matter on a national stage. The reason CD keeps coming back to two Superman movies is that they are one of the few superhero movies of lasting values. Even people who love the latest superhero movies recognize and treat them as basically disposable. Likewise, any insights of Game of Thrones might possess are immaterial next to comparing Donald Trump to Joffrey or other nonsense like that.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 20, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Could use more concrete detail and examples

Here's one: there's no reason as to why the costuming in Game of Thrones shouldn't have been based on late Renaissance clothing. Every single scene would be improved by inclusion of ruffles. Imagine how beautiful it would be.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

The adulation the Hobbit videos have gotten was at first baffling, but I guess people just like having the most basic talking points repeated at them.

Attacking the Hobbit's production is good, but the point it serves about how art may be created under questionable conditions is almost infantile. The serious philosophical points are mixed up with fannish nonsense, like how terrible it is that Tolkien's universe is being "run into the ground" by commercialization. It's like the RLM crew complaining that Star Wars is no longer "special" in The Last Jedi review, where the despair for a fictional word losing it's essence hides the reality that there never was any such essence in the first place. Applying this kind of mindset to anything else than some escapist fantasy universe will quickly show how useless it is.

This all culminates in argument about how depressing adulthood and you can't go back to enjoying media like a child. That also explains the video trilogy's popularity: it's a paean to adult-children.

Yaws posted:

I for one cherish Lamps posts and the unwarranted vitriol they get.

The funny thing is that Groovelord Neato's anger stems from the betrayal they feel over the fact that I extensively mocked Patrick Rothfuss's work but then disagreed with them over big franchise movies.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's more sadness over how the mighty have fallen. the dc films minus wonder woman are trash fires

The problem is that you don't seem to be interested in criticism, but vindication of dislike and online consensus. The realities of DCU movies or Patrick Rothfuss's novels are mostly irrelevant to you because it's already a given that they're sort of anti-media that can only be dealt with by extreme mockery. Hyperbole like "trash fires" is really exemplary of this.

This leads to bizarre ideas like this:

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's hilarious seeing someone able to expound upon how bad in the name of the wind is but utterly incapable of processing what failures those movies are on an even basic cinematic level.

You're apparently only able to imagine that I praise the wrong movies (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman) because I'm somehow "incapable of processing" of how bad they are, rather than having any critical positions. This leads to extreme vagueness of how the movies are failures on a "basic cinematic level". I doubt that you're actually going to be able to explain how they're failures except by insisting that it's obvious, repeating some meme- like banality ("Pa Kent is the worst"), or perhaps linking to a video.

I've had other people be terrible disappointed when they liked my criticism of Rothfuss but then disagreed over loving Star Wars or something, and it really sums it up.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

sorry this is meme-like banality.

Well, it is. corn in the bible is saying the movie is bad for having imagery ("trite" refers to it being Christian) and CGI visuals.

business hammocks posted:

Zack Snyder had such a weird trajectory. Watchmen might not be great or anything, but in the commentary and interviews he seems to understand irony and at least tried it in appropriate moments. I don’t know what bullshit he’s been on since.

What changed was youuuuuu.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

a lot of the poo poo is obvious. you shouldn't get upset that it wasn't obvious to you.

Again, you're insisting that it's obvious without any elaboration. If the three movies all fail on a basic cinematic level, it should be extremely easy to point out how. Movies relying on visuals is not a failure, because movies are a visual medium. Why is Pa Kent just the worst and why does that make the movies bad?

I don't dispute Suicide Squad's is weirdly edited, but even there you're being extremely vague and appeal to authority. It's also one movie out of three.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It is pretty trite to compare Superman to Jesus. For one thing, Jesus was big on preaching goodwill towards men and encouraging people to forgive others. Superman just punches dudes and saves people falling from buildings and somehow that's equivalent?

You're not arguing that the comparison is trite, but that it's inaccurate compared to the general image of the character of Superman. We're discussing specific movies about a man willing to sacrifice himself for the salvation of others.

Again, you're just insisting on the obviousness. Why exactly is Pa Kent for example so "obviously" bad that he's the worst part of a "trash fire"?

Zack Snyder's two Superman movies (there's only two) have been the only superhero movies of lasting value for elevating digital fantasy. Their vibrant, extravagant visuals, mixing of realism and fantasy, and genuine idealism have rendered superhero movies before and after obsolete. And because it doesn't offer drab cynicism and false personability familiar from Marvel movies or Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, people hate it. Man of Steel made CGI destruction so weighty that collateral damage has basically become intolerable. Fans have ever since desperately wanted to go back to disposable, hokey paternalistic fantasies, and they've generally gotten their wish, for example in how Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 remade Man of Steel as something completely banal.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

I Before E posted:

Could you provide other examples of "digital fantasy"? Does Tron count? What about Tron Legacy?

Yes.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I am very tired right now

This is because you’re relying on contradictory shotgun argumentation instead of a coherent response. This leads to a lot of unsupportable bullet points like that every superhero movie mixes realism with fantasy, or that Man of Steel is nihilistic.

Like this just doesn’t make sense:

SatansBestBuddy posted:

the mass destruction in the movies are pretty weightless, both visually with characters bouncing around like tennis balls, and narratively with hundreds of thousands of deaths meaning nothing while the actual act of killing the antagonist is a grief-filled tragedy because you can only get your hands dirty when directly snapping somebody's neck, knocking a building over doesn't count

In this run-on sentence you’re claiming very specifically that characters in Man of Steel move like tennis balls (this is a very particular image you’re using), claiming that the violence in the movie is without impact while simultaneously bemoaning how horrific it is, and you claim that only one act of violence in the movie matters “narratively,” even though the movie is preoccupied with apocalyptic imagery. Your reading of the movie is tripping up because you don’t really have an appreciation for its formal qualities.

Snyder is an exemplarily kinetic director, and he’s greatly innovated action in the field of digital cinematic fantasies. There’s no better refutation of the movie’s supposed nihilism than the joyous, explosive motion of flight, which has not been equaled in superhero movies. The movie’s imagery emphasizes texture, movement, impact, it’s harshly washed out but minutely realized colours giving it a bleak allure. Snyder has that ability of great artists of keeping the audience away with one hand while beckoning them with the other, appealing to a sense of consciousness instead of immersion.

This is why its dilemmas weighs so heavily even on viewers who denigrate it – no one cared about the destruction of New York in The Avengers, but Man of Steel taught people to fear collateral damage from war. It also taught ethical emancipation. The movie defies the paternalistic fantasy traditionally offered by the character of Superman, giving us instead of a conflicted, idealistic proletarian figure. The movie’s “nihilism” is truly emancipation. The merciless destruction and Zod’s death show that there are no safety nets or comforts to be had. Victory over your enemy will not be triumphant, but terrifying. The last thread had people constantly advocating violence against fascists, but unwilling to recognize that what they were heading for was that moment of terrible freedom.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is a movie that remakes the story of Man of Steel (just see the direct references with bearded space dad using technological dioramas to explain the backstory to his estranged son) and its neatly shows off how to do everything in Man of Steel wrong, such as flattering audiences with a manchild hero for self-insertion.

Darth Walrus posted:

I suppose I can kinda see the parallels between MOS and GOTG2, if you view Yondu as Pa Kent and Ego as Jor-El. Actually, for all its self-indulgent flab, I do think you can see it as maybe offering a more thematically coherent take on the same plot.

The GOTG franchise is hugely thematically incoherent. Its visuals are conceptually wild but realized with affectless direction. it starts with a satirical Zap Brannigan - like manchild hero who implausibly shifts into an everyman schlub hero midway through the first movie, and is rewarded for trying to live out a fantasy life modelled after Han Solo and Indiana Jones. In the next movie, he and a bunch of other self-pitying killers kill a man representing egotism, thus becoming a better family of killers. This is apparently heart-warming for people.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Terrible Opinions posted:

So is BotL a lovely clone of SMG or is he the evil universe version of SMG? I can't keep SA continuity straight.

I am a Markov chain, designed to criticize genre fiction.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah and that's admirable, but you appear to be malfunctioning because you're praising very bad genre fiction.

You seem to confusing cinema with literature. Genre fiction is by definition literature.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

The Superman movies (especially the second one) come across as cynical despite not technically having a cynical message because they roll around in cartoonish misery, suffering, and hopeless melodrama like a pig in poo poo to the point that a happy ending just feels like a halfhearted afterthought.

What you're criticizing is that the movies convincingly portray a bleak and broken world. The heroes recognize this, but choose to believe that things can be better in spite of no matter how bad things are. This is why the antagonists - Zod, Luthor, Batman - are cynics and nihilists. Wonder Woman is very mediocre, but also recognizes this.

The Marvel movies are terribly cynical but hide it under false feel-good heroics.

Augus posted:

A film that has a joke about peeing in a jar immediately leading into congress being blown up does not exactly inspire feelings of optimism.

We live in a world where Pissgate is a topic of discussion. BvS was simply ahead of the curve.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

and in doing so it offers a fascist worldview where this one man is the only person who can fix the world and if people just understood him everything would be better, so he is free to act out in an idiotic and childish fashion as the world conspires to undermine his greatness and therefore absolve him of all wrongdoing. All the evils in the world are the work of one billionaire who can be easily identified and punched when the opportunity presents itself, and superman can punch that man because he is great. It presents the same childish narrative as usual but by backing it up with "gritty realism" it only makes itself more harmful by convincing people that this is how real life works. It boldly tells the audience to their face that they should not question the actions of those in power, they are better than us and they are right, and to question their highly questionable actions is evil. We should resign ourselves to the misery of the world and leave our fate to a higher power who will save us.

I'm starting to be convinced that you haven't watched the movie, because it would explain why you're being so vague and contradict the text of the movie.

1) The movies show that Superman by himself is incapable of fixing the world. Batman v Superman even has a montage of Superman's heroics that are admirable but also do nothing to fix the world, hence his dissatisfaction throughout.

2) Lex Luthor is not responsible for all the evils in the world. When Superman meets him, he is explicitly unable to punch him to fix things. He's powerless before Luthor. Then he saves Luthor from getting punched.

3) Batman v Superman is about different people questioning the actions of those with power.

So how exactly is it showing "the same childish narrative"?

Augus posted:

You're right that Batman vs Superman predicted Trump, because it accurately represents and reinforces the mindset that elected Trump and still supports him. "Trump is our hero, Trump is here to save us. The people holding trials investigating Trump's numerous crimes are trying to undermine him because they hate his greatness. If everyone just understood that Trump is here to help us the world would be a better place"

Trump really broke a lot of brains huh

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aside from the massive global changes in politics still resonating a decade later, and SHIELD's massive buildup, due to the ramifications of what occurred. Or the influx of alien weapons into the black market and general reverse-engineering.

Whereas Metropolis' destruction doesn't go beyond "We have stopped the Bad Guy and won the day! The thousands, if not millions, of people who died in the churning wreckage of the city destroying itself? Who cares, we stopped the bad guys!"

You seem to only comprehend the narratives in term of content rather than form. With The Avengers franchise you only talk about plotline consequences and ramifications. Constrast this to the apocalyptic battle in Man of Steel - the visual treatment of destruction is the story, and it continues to haunt fans.

Metropolis' destruction ends explicitly with Superman hollowed out by the terror of victory, the only realistic outcome of battle against fascism.

When you claim that the movie doesn't care, what you seem to mean is that you don't care.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

"if only you had actually watched the movie you would understand how brilliant it is"

yeah I'm done here

I didn't argue that. You seem to have at least severely misremembered what happened in them, even basic stuff like that Superman doesn't punch Luthor.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Did someone argue that Superman isn’t in a position of power.

Lol

There's difference between having power and being in power. Everyone has power. In any society, the people have the power to accomplish anything, but they still do not rule.

Groovelord Neato posted:

man of steel is the fourth best superman movie.

1. Jesus Christ Superstar
2. The Passion of the Christ
3. Life of Brian
4. Man of Steel

Checks out.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

ricdesi posted:

• Iron Man - preventing his aggro arms dealer buddy from selling the most powerful weapon the world has seen thus far to terrorists, including trying to sacrifice himself when the Arc Reactor was detonated
  • The Incredible Hulk - preventing a genetically modified soldier with rage issues from destroying Harlem, with the main character becoming suicidal after these events
  • Captain America: The First Avenger - preventing a hyper-Nazi from nuking New York City, sacrificing himself and becoming frozen for 65 years
  • The Avengers - preventing the subjugation of Earth by alien forces and stopping a shadow council from nuking New York City, with Tony sacrificing himself (and probably being clinically dead for a short while nuking the Chitauri in open space
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier - preventing the post-hyper-Nazis from drone-killing millions of people and subjugating the Earth, including basically just letting his best friend kill him so long as it stalls him for long enough
  • Guardians of the Galaxy - preventing a space-psycho from harnessing the power to destroy whole planets, including potentially having their bodies torn apart by an Infinity Stone to do so
  • Ant-Man - preventing the post-hyper-Nazis from getting atom-altering technology, including risking shrinking to subatomic levels for all eternity
  • Doctor Strange - preventing the Earth from being absorbed into a pain dimension Chzo Mythos-style, including possibly being locked in a time loop where you are violently murdered every few seconds for all eternity
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - preventing half the universe from being absorbed into an impossibly old, powerful being, including possibly being absorbed themselves in order to do so
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming - preventing a weapons dealer from getting a hold of Avengers tech, and going out of his way to try and save the villain
  • Thor: Ragnarok - preventing an all-powerful warrior witch from obliterating the whole of Asgard, including having his eye torn out and risking suffering the same fate as the villain to do so
  • Black Panther - preventing Wakandan technology from being sold on the black market in a massive racial uprising that could cause World War III

I absolutely adore this list.

For example, among these selfless acts of courage is "nuking an alien race" and "stopping black nationalism".

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

ricdesi posted:

Also, the "nuking an alien race" option was only used because the entire planet was at risk of being enslaved. I'd say it's a valid choice at that point, especially with Loki and the Chitauri being the initial aggressors.

ricdesi posted:

Oh for sure, I'm not saying it makes the Avengers terribly good people, but if your options are running out, hey. One could argue that the nuke could have been pointed elsewhere and gotten the same result, since the wormhole is closed right after.

I am staring in awe.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

e X posted:

since he never actually engage in any discussions.

Can you name any actual examples, besides me being stunned by the goon blithely justifying nuking fictional aliens?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh no, they struck a military target that was all set and waiting to overpower and destroy billions of innocent civilians .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Like I feel the need to remind people that The Avengers is not a recording of real events but a work of fiction. Works of fiction are fundamentally rhetorical, and if you start talking about the necessity of nuking the alien menace you might have been taken in by the rhetoric.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

I am emergent being born of an unfinished novel. I am indeed a work of fiction.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

I find humanity repulsive, which is why I never leave my family's ancient, decaying manor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

I do exist.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)