Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Sure is a lot of real-estate here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I do think Joseph Anderson belongs in the OP under Video-Games. Outside of some dumb attempts at humour with his gag-videos on Cuphead and Chrome's T-Rex Runner he steers clear of skits and seldom shows his face. And if he believes Dark Souls II is on the same level as Dark Souls I then who are we to judge?

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 11, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Why on Earth is Sterling doing this pro-wrestling fad if he has a condition with his back? His constant mentions of Boglins were annoying, but then again Boglins never killed anyone.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There goes the Anime section.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Blockbuster Buster
Brad Jones
Toons These Days
Bargain Boy
Guru Larry
Screen Crashers

This is like Battle Royale except nobody wins and there's no scenery-chewing performance by Takeshi "Beat" Kitano.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is Buster the one with the Jewish skeleton called Ronnie or is that someone else? I don't know, I hate skits now and prefer when reviewers just try to get point across without cracking wise.

I must be getting old because I hated every scene with fighting in Black Panther.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

For once we can use the word Exodus in its' proper context and not just a subtitle for a lame sequel.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

DownTheRabbitHole will follow-up his live-read of the google-doc with CA's "defence" statement as well as recent revelations in 20 hours or so.

Knudsen will be the Ken Burns of weird/uglu internet-poo poo.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

All Frogs posted:

A fitting comparison considering Groucho apparently danced on Hitler's grave.

Groucho said afterwards he felt kind of empty.

Given what a mindfuck this situation has been I wouldn't put it past Larry being the last person left in CA.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So who's got the writing chops to do the "death of the wcw" book about CA when things quiet down?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Well that response by Channel Awesome is disturbing the way Knudsen puts it. Just ten points of empty rhetoric covering their asses, and one point at the beginning where they out the identity of a sex-offender almost casually.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

And script quality.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Joseph Anderson on Minit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_84aBNgLR0

Dear Lord, he pronounces "Mario" as "Mariao".

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 14, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Has there ever been a more misjudged use of production-funds than the Firefall bus?

Star Citizen, three years into production and in a move that would only increase dev-time, announced it has a story-module were the characters are all mo-capped by actors you've heard of, like Gary Oldman.

This was in late-2015 and the game still isn't finished. I highly doubt there'll be more than ten seconds of Oldman in the final product. Wasn't this supposed to be Freelancer but with more content?

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 16, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Apparently Guru Larry outlasted Doug Walker? Found out a minute ago.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It must be very hard to find a flattering thumbnail for dsp.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It bothered me when Quinton Reviews brought up Lindsay Ellis and the Distressed Watcher in the same sentence, even though Lindsay Ellis is a highly charming and funny internet-reviewer and hasn't been banned from any fast-food establishments.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Matthewmatosis on Zachtronics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ct6oINg88

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Noah Caldwell-Gervais's videos may be rough and his appraisals may be florid, but he even he has standards as he said Mass Effect: Andromeda sucks. Also convinced me get Dying Light on sale.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I removed the AV Club from Bookmarks when they redesigned the page-layout into the worst poo poo ever.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Keemstar has been mentioned in the thread. Post obligatory guide to Keemstar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o3TfHjj_e4

Keemstar's brief voice-acting role as the President of the United States:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNnAuRBFgGg

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 25, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Reasons to buy Subnautica over every other Survival game:

+ It costs 20 dollarydoos.
+ It's an underwater FPS instead of a Minecraft-clone.
+ It actually left Early Access.
+ None of the game is procedurally-generated.
+ It has a campaign complete with story that has a beginning, middle, and end.
+ Hunger and Thirst meters are optional.
+ Permadeath is restricted to hardcore mode.
+ Your character has awesome hair-gel.
+ Incredible atmosphere and tension. You will fear the Reaper.
+ Randy Pitchford is not mentioned anywhere in the credits.

- Spots of poor-performance and noticeable pop-in.
- Inventory management is pretty cumbersome.
- Non-swimming sections are pretty awkward.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If you look at the quest page on Fallout 4 you'd think the game has a lot to offer, except besides how 80% of them are just shoot and loot, there's a load of "nothing" quests just to pad out the roster. Press a button, talk to someone, go to location X. Simple one-step affairs that somehow merit a mention.

I don't compare new Fallout to old Fallout because they are completely different series with different audiences, I'm not grog enough to fault anyone for skipping those old-arse titles. Fallout 3 was dumb but amusingly dumb and gets by on the sheer novelty of being first. New Vegas was built on familiar ground but soars thanks to its roleplaying complexity and extensive reactivity. Fallout 4 however just aspires to be as boring as humanly possible, without once pushing the envelope and looking embarrassingly out of date given it came out the same year as Wild Hunt.

Maybe if the guy who did the USS Constitution quest became a lead-designer then Fallout 5 could stand to be interesting.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The only good thing about the old fallout combat was the feedback: enemies getting burned alive, reduced to ash, eviscerated by minigun fire, melting into a puddle of goo. Nu-Xcom/ Shadowrun is much better at turn-based combat.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The worst part of Fallout 2 is how narrow the endgame is when it comes to avoiding combat. There's the ship's basement where you have to fight or flee those bargain-bin xenomorphs, and that president guy who you have to kill. You can't pick-pocket a key item off him so you must off him, but you want to do it without raising the alarm so you better be good at pick-pocketing grenades or have enough super-stimpaks to give him an overdose. The final boss can't be reasoned either but it's justified since he's a zealous brick-shithouse who doesn't waste time on diplomacy, and you can convince some mooks and hack some turrets to do the job for you.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Chris Davis on Fallout 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-o6DuLjs3Q

Matthewmatosis also has a video on a Shenzen I/O, but his series on Zachtronics is really loving boring.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 24, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Leal posted:

I don't think even DSP stooped so low as to be happy when one of his detractors in the SOK died of cancer.

Though he was happy to make a buck off the video on the subject.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's still hilarious the title of the original fanfic was "master of the universe". maybe give that a quick google before you title your work.

"Mr. Skeletor will see you now."

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I find RTS games unappealing because they ask me to run armies or entire civilizations when I can barely run my own life.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I used to have the one name, but after a chance with fate I am now called John BillboardSlogan.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I appear to have read the Killing Joke 30 years too late. It's a well-told, well-drawn take on what is very slight material that because of its short length it can't delve deep enough, so what does stand out is all the sheer nastyness of it all. It's sort of like how Goldfinger still holds up 50 years later if you ignore the part where James Bonds penis cures a woman from the gay.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If the likes of Milo Yianopolosl and Blaire White are part of the LGBT that skews alt-right, who also of the Bi and Lesbian community align with them?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A combination of such whinyness would create a singularity of suck.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

NMS may be grindy as hell, but Sean Murray only sold a pipe-dream and not JPEGs. I don't even like hardcore space-sims so this is more my bag. I think NMS could be improved in one way by making the Pulse Engine infinite and removing the field of asteroids that render when you stop your ship.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Jesus I thought you were still talking about Giger there, but it seems his good name and standing are secure.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Guess which game's pulled an Electric Boogaloo and put out a sequel in the same year? Super Seducer 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUiQ8hN3XQ

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Who's been doling out the Samus avatars recently?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I picture Benedict Wong doing his sicilian-mobster voice from Prey for his new role as a bulldog: " We're going to make things right, Tramp, just like old times."

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Snake from Metal Gear is a character that is special because of their origin, but becomes special through his actions. He's a genetically-engineered badass super-soldier, but he's also a pawn of the Illuminati/NWO/Quakers with an inbuilt expiry-date who can't maintain any lasting romantic relationships. He was dealt a bad hand to begin with, but what actually makes him special is his commitment towards heroism using his soldier skill.

I do think the message of how "One's genes doesn't determine their fate" comes across as awkward when the likes of Liquid are assassinated specifically due to their genes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Amusingly you can finish the game with Magus dead, Crono waiting to be revived, and R-66Y (What a great name) looking at his watch because you said you'd pick him up after 400 years.

This leaves the heavy lifting to Ayla, Lucca, and Frog. Also Marle, but nobody uses her.