Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I tried getting into Halo 1A in 2020, but the muppet-midgets and backgrounds that repeat like a Hanna Barbera cartoon turned me off. I guess I had to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Having not watched Hunter x Hunter everything about it sounds like a poo poo-post. A cast of weird names with goofy designs, that wastes half of its runtime on an island with ant-people, picks off side-characters in rather graphic manner, and then the arts devolves into chicken scratches.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Video essay on the worst Deus Ex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXZyXnmsiA4

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Scott the Woz mentioned he was born in 1997 which made me feel very old.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How often was it that whenever we see another Federation head they're not simply a rule-abiding hardass, but batshit-bananas or corrupted by space slugs?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Jamie Faith posted:

https://t.co/Zw8eZSi2qH?amp=1

Quinton Reviews looks at the worst reality show ever. OJ Simpson's Prank show... Which came out AFTER the murders btw :stare: :magical:

If it makes you feel any older Quinton wasn't even born when it happened.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

This Third Birthday and Other M talk reminds me, what are the worst character assassinations in fiction? Where between installments a major character gets abruptly killed off, loses their backbone, turns into an unlikable jerk, or is rendered a completely different character who just happens to share the same name?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

RareAcumen posted:

The game hasn't come out yet so I can't really say much for certain but Chris Redfield isn't looking too great these days.

I have my faith in Resident Evil because the last three installments were pretty good and what got me into the series. As for Chris he's probably brainwashed or a doppelganger, both things that have happened before in this franchise, and if he is a villain that's probably a step-up for the second blandest man in the series after Ethan.

I remember Devil May Cry 4 advertised Dante as the antagonist, but nope he's a good guy. The true villain was the strict budget that led to DMC4 being only half a game.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

RareAcumen posted:

Fine, Ninja Theory's versions of Dante and Vergil then.

Those two dwell in the same aborted-reboot hell as Bomberman Act: Zero and the Dark Universe film-franchise.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There's also the weird bit where the children ruled Narnia as adults for a spell. I just memory holed the series ending because it's incredibly messed up.

I disliked Harry Potter long before Rowling made it easy. We have a world of snobbery, date-rape, mind-wiping of civilians, discrimination, and indentured servitude. The only thing that changes is that Wizard Hitler dies, which isn't comforting be cause he wasn't even the first or only Wizard Hitler. The ending says "All was well" but in no way did the world change for the better. It's Blairite conservatism is what I'm saying.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

wrong post

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

No woo hoo, no sale.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Matthewmatosis on Death Stranding. Thank god it's not about another Zachtronics games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np4Jh1xcOEs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Walt looked pretty old at 65 given his hard smoking. Had he 15 years more to realise Epcot he probably would have really cocked Disney reputation unless the company was removed from his hands. What happens when a crime occurs? What if someone wants to renovate? What if a sponsor evaporates? When your customers aren't always white?