Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Caught up on all the CA drama and it's quite something.

I always thought CA's role as an aggregator was over like 4-5 years ago, so it's a bit weird that the mass exodus is only starting now. Hell I'm surprised people still visited the website. I mean what was there to even gain by being affiliated with it instead of just striking out on youtube which is what most people ended up doing anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

I'm not trying to be passive aggressive. I'm just shocked at the sheer amount of vitriol and hatred that some people have been clearly waiting to unleash. I've seen John called a "terrorist thought leader". Utterly false allegations that he mentally abused his wife. Developers essentially saying "He reviewed my games badly so I'm glad he's dead". People close to him attacked for mourning him (including his wife), openly mocking those that do, talking about wishing they could piss/dance on his grave, other people justifying this revelling while giving the nod at other ridiculous accusations of him being a Nazi or a transphobe or whatever...and for what? You'd think he was a dictator. Not a critic or a reviewer who happened to die at a young age. It has frankly been horrible going online the past couple of days because of it. Some of this poo poo even coming from people I used to follow and respect.

I'm sorry, but all this has had me feeling kind of low. Any talk of how some people care about media too much, laughing at their stupidity and all that just feels hollow in the light of all this. It's incredibly depressing.

The dude just passed away. It's so weird going through the previous pages or jumping on twitter and seeing some of the things being said, because you'd think people would have enough decency to wait like a month or something before mouthing off on the guy

He had flaws and did stupid stuff, most of it he owned up to and regretted during the later years of his life.He also did heaps for many indie developers ( Warframe for example would not be around if not for him) and helped jump start the careers of many people who owe a lot of their success to him.

If you didn't like the guy fair enough. He was a mixed bag and if you can't look past his shortcomings, whatever, no ones asking you to suddenly like who he was. But some of the posts I read here and on twitter are disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself if you partook in any of it. He was a games critic, not some evil dictator.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Do you seriously think TB or his idiot GG cronies would bother with any of this weak willed bullshit? The guy was one of the lead faces of anti-women and anti-trans poo poo in games circles, gently caress him for that. Nobody deserves to die young from a horrible disease like cancer, but nobody should be forgiving or downplaying the disgusting poo poo he did just because some he had something tragic happen to him. Hell, just poo poo like loudly proclaiming that you're getting rid of Intel stock because they're gonna be hiring more women is bad enough before you get into the whole TB crusaders poo poo.

Hmm, yes, unlike TB who is a super good and upstanding person who definitely deserves this trend of postmortem vindication and scrubbing away the horrible poo poo.
https://twitter.com/pixelpynk/status/999871773037420544

Not gonna argue with you on it.

If you think the right thing to do is mouth off on a guy who just died, that's on you. Most people would at least let a little time pass, so the people who are affected by the passing can grieve properly. But if you think now is the best time to let it all fly, you go nuts. Just don't expect people to think very highly of you when you do it.

I never thought the request to respect the recently passed would be a difficult one, yet here we are.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Nuebot posted:

The episode where he fights Captain Marvel after a long-con of Luthor being a dick and doing everything he could to provoke superman was great, too.

The whole Cadmus arc in JLU was fantastic start to finish, it really felt like the writers got what Superman was supposed to be and what kind of issue powers on that level would cause. They even got you to love The Question, a nobody D List character.

Too bad nothing since The Dark Knight Returns has been any good, with the Killing Joke being one of the worst things I think they've ever put out.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Their DC animated films are so scattershot. You have great stuff like Under the Red Hood next to trash like Killing Joke, wacky stuff like Batman: Ninja and pandering crap like the TAS "inspired" Harley Quinn movie.

But it does have an Adam West animated feature which is objectively the best.

The more I see the more I'm convinced that Paul Dini is the true strength behind the DCAU and Bruce Timm is just a pervert whose fetishes were reined in by broadcast standards.

I would say it was Dwayne McDuffie who pulled it together for JLU. His presence elevated the material.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was an arc about how terrifying superheroes can be if they are left unchecked in a kids cartoon.

Also avoided being grim and dull

Exactly right. I have no idea why DC is so obsessed with being "grim" in all their latest takes, because they clearly do not know what to do with that type of tone for their material. Teenage melodrama and constant gory violence does not make what they write any good, it just serves to undermine the material they have. Not to mention all the creepy sex scenes they write. I honestly cannot imagine a more cringeworthy scene than the sex scene they put in the Harley Quinn movie, although the one between Batgirl and Batman in the Killing Joke comes pretty close.

Asuron fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 16, 2018

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

I distinctly remember at the time Teen Titans got a bad rep because it was too silly and didn't take the source material seriously, on top of the anime style being very disliked. Kinda funny how all these years later Teen Titans Go gets the same sorta treatment when it's basically just taking all the goofy episodes from the original Teen Titans and going completely into that side of it.

I think I like Teen Titans Go more than the original now, simply because it has an episode where Cyborg plays an 80's rock song for basically the entire runtime. They even did a 5 parter episode for it later down the road and it is just fantastic.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

I was gonna say this too, SU and AT do a lot of work in that age range, but Adventure Time is all but dust at this point and CN throws you barely a couple new episodes of Steven Universe every 3-4 months at best.

True but the problem is that the channel makes the rules for CN's shows, so until they get over their obsession with the current "All one show, all the time" subject, you're not getting regular new episodes of [Other Show] any time soon.

What happened to all the other shows CN had going. I know they lost the Regular Show/ Adventure block they setup, but I thought there was a roster of other stuff they could put on to fill in the gaps ( We Bare Bears, Ninjago or whatever it is,etc).

I didn't expect them to pull a Nickolodeon and just cram nothing but Spongebob and Dan Schnieder shows into every slot possible.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's weird to see all the weirdos come out in defense of the hate speech spewing internet man and the 'boycott Intel for promoting workplace diversity' lady.

https://twitter.com/pynkbites/status/999871773037420544

https://twitter.com/gennabain/status/555003984650711040

I am pretty sure the quote in question there was talking about something on tumblr, where people called themselves otherkin? People who identify as part dragon or whatever. I remember it being a big topic at the time, because someone pulled one of their comments off tumblr where they threatened someone for not using their pronouns.

Take that as you will, it was definitely not an attack on transgender people. It was an example of him using mobs to attack an entire group over what one crazy person said however. He had a reallyyyyyyyyy bad habit of that, a lot of popular youtubers do. Itís really, really dumb.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The founder of the subreddit r/KotakuinAction, u/David-me, set the subreddit to private last night. Immediately afterwards, he went to r/Drama and made the following post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comm...ghting_a_wrong/

As always... donít read the comments. For those of you who want a tl;dr, David says the subreddit is ďcancerous,Ē that Reddit admins only keep it open for the money, and that he hopes r/The_Donald gets shut down next.

Anyways, despite Reddit admins claiming the site is a bastion of free speech and that we must respect the wishes of subreddit leadership, they reopened the sub within an hour.

yeah, he is giant fuckhead still but at least its step in the right direction, also lol at reddit being this openly awful,,, again.

I always thought r/the_Donald was supposed to be an ironic sub, not actually full of real supporters...

Granted I've never gone on it to know that, but it's one of the biggest subreddits on the site, I didn't think that many people legitimately supported Trump. I've just taken a quick look at the contents and jesus christ, why hasn't it been nuked from orbit already.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Uh, you probably shouldn't look at the results of the last presidential election.

Most of the American population doesn't vote ( mind boggling as an Australian, we have to vote here or get fined) and lots of other stuff being levelled at Trump regarding how he got the votes is in enough to call into question how much support he truly has.

But on reddit, I thought his support base would just be nonexistent.

business hammocks posted:

It had a lot of bots. If you compare the total number of users to the number of active users on any particular day, you'll see that a ton of accounts suddenly stopped vising in January of 2017.

This explains it a lot better, thank you.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

how the hell is plinkett not condescending?

The whole idea behind Plinkett is that it's a shield of sorts. Mike used him to basically say " this guy is one of the dregs of humanity, the only type of person who would ever spend this much time talking about the film and yet he still recognizes these issues, so why can't you" in order to deflect the all too common criticism at the time of " you're such a weirdo, who spends this much time analysing films". They basically set the style that a lot of video makers went on to use and now we seem flooded by video essayists who all try to ape their style with none of the charm, humor or insight RLM bring to the table.

I know goons here don't like the character, but for most people the Plinkett character was what sold those initial videos and Mike was not wrong in thinking no one would have listened to him if he had just done those videos as himself.

Plus that whole twitter exchange of Plinkett videos only talking about franchises being ruined is so off the goddamn mark, because if you even watched the videos for 5 minutes you'd know that wasn't the case.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The individual/small scale stuff in WoW has actually generally been good- like leveling zone story arcs and stuff like that. The overarching story in BfA makes no real sense to me and I kinda hate it because it always has to lead back to the status quo- meaning no matter what insane event happens that inevitably drives both factions to work together in some fashion to save the entire planet or possibly galaxy from some bigger evil someone always appoints a war criminal to run one of the factions and pisses the other off and their increasingly asinine war starts over again.

I never understood why there was a faction war in the first place. When I first played Warsong Gulch all those years ago in Vanilla, I always thought it was a border skirmish over orcs wanting lumber and the night elves wanting them out of their land, preventing the desecration of the forest with both faction leaders turning a blind eye to it to prevent full scale war.

Hell my Rogue never even identified with the Alliance, I always felt he was part of the Ravenholdt society basically just using the cities and alliance towns as trading hubs. To me that always made more sense, multiple factions within the Horde and Alliance, causing conflicts across the world and the leaders either turning a blind eye to it because it provided resource gains or trying to manage the fallout.

NPC leaders and players zealously following their leaders into battle for no reason makes no sense whatsoever and makes even less sense the more they try to push dumb faction wars where you have have a leader commit wholesale genocide and you have races who donít stand for that sort of behaviour just meekly go along with it for no reason at all

Asuron fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 14, 2019

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Anderson Is pretty shoddy overall Iíve found. He speaks like a high schooler would while giving a speech, his videos are excessively long (like jesus christ did this Fallout one have to be an hour +) and doesnít know how to thread his arguments together in a coherent manner, constantly meandering and getting sidetracked rather than getting to the point.

Heís also in this weird position of being just simply too good at games, itís almost impossible to trust his view on a games difficulty and how it affects the overall feeling for the player because heís so technically proficient ( when he was talking about Hollow Knight and itís difficulty while just absolutely destroying the challenge mode bosses, it just undermined everything he was saying about it being average difficulty). How can you trust that his read on the game is one that most people are going to experience when he just dismantles any difficult roadblock with ease.

Plus he thinks the Bloodborne chalice dungeons were the best part of the game and he wants more of it, which I personally just donít get. They strip down the atmosphere, the extremely tight and well thought out level design, the environmental storytelling(for the most part) and all youíre left with is randomized dungeons and the combat. Boggles my mind how anyone could find those grindfests the best part of the game, even if you focus on just the mechanics the way he does.

I think in general I just find him to be a poor Mathewmattosis imitation, where he only occasionally has something decent to say in those 3 hour videos yet somehow got really popular off of it.

Asuron fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 3, 2019

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

DeafNote posted:

That sketch was alright. But the best summary of KH is still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiHufVEc7g

As for Dunkey. I never watched his stuff directly outside of that Octopath review a lot of people took umbrage with.
So I did see him playing that game and its encounters in the slowest way possible, while mistakenly assuming he was fighting level 1 monsters, which would make any combat system look awful.
I dont think thats him trying to misrepresent the game on purpose though, more a consequence of a natural dislike of random battles and trying to brute force through them.
(though the game does give you plenty of explanations on how combat works)

I liked the game more than he did, but I do kinda agree that Random encounters are an unnecessary throwback (outside of Pokemon). Just give it an off switch in that case, like Bravely Default did.

No he actually does it on purpose. Heís done it before for other videos.

For example there was one video where he compared LoL and Dota graphics, he used modern footage for LoL in an empty lane with only two characters in it. For the Dota one he used 2011 footage in a 5 v5 fight with multiple heroes who have the ability to micromanage other characters. He used this as an example of how one game was visually clearer than the other.

There was also an Assasin creeds video where if I remember correctly he recreated very hard to get glitches as an example of the game being fundamentally brolken. Heís a funny guy but donít give him a pass, there are lots of examples where he either omits information or outright lies to make a point

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

These sound like jokes along the lines of the Smash Trailer that goes off Donkey Kong's cowlick and guesses that Jimmy Newtron will be in the game instead. But without having the video to look over I dunno, if you're not aware of Assassin's Creed having a bad bug filled launch I guess you can assume that that's just normal gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtvRaMPJWLs

They werenít jokes, Iíve watched enough of his stuff to know the difference and also know I enjoy him as a funny guy and nothing else. He has a very good sense of comedic timing and pretty good editing skills to pull it all together.

But when he does Dunkviews, those are his attempts at serious reviews which is something he stated he wanted to do. You donít get to say that and then hide behind the flimsy shield ofĒit was all a joke man, why take me seriouslyĒ.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

dota has objectively better graphics than league lol. did he really argue that?

To answer you and the other posters question , is this video at around 1 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zE-J1rK1NQ

I know you're familiar with Dota , so you will be able to tell he's using footage from the Intenrational 1 compared to current LoL graphics.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

God, it gets harder and harder to watch their non-Best of the Worst material, I swear. They're both just so loving miserable all the time.

Why? I found it pretty interesting because I didn't know there was an uproar over Captain Marvel, plus the video they showed about that guy saying it was all feminist propaganda was eye opening as well ( it's kinda hard to believe how many views and how much influence those people still seem to have but here we are). I think they summed up the whole situation pretty nicely, the whole thing is embarrassing and it's over a bland corporate product that isn't really worth the effort in the first place.

Pirate Jenny posted:

uhhh mine's pretty chill actually

I'd put RLM in a pretty high toxicity level as far as fanbases go. unusually high, even. lead poisoning high. I know people with fanbases of comparable sizes but RLM is even worse than channel awesome's pre-gamergate fanbase in terms of sheer that's a yikes from me, dog.

I'd put their fanbase on a pretty average level. It helps that RLM don't shy away from making fun of themselves, so anyone that goes overboard gets shutdown pretty quick.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Holy poo poo that rlm review is some aggressively clueless poo poo. Itís irresponsible of them to remain as obtuse now as they were back when they did the Red Tails review and dogpiled that lady for preferring romantic comedies to Clockwork Orange.

Jesus Christ you old dummies, times have changed and nazis are killing people weekly now. Eventually one of them will be a prolific poster on the rlm forums. Maybe get in front of that you tired old terminal phase gen x fuddy duddies.

I know you're already getting dogpiled over this but jesus christ man.

Can you actually watch the goddamn video before spouting poo poo like this, they recommended the movie. They just found it bland and not deserving of the hysteria surrounding it, especially when it comes from a corporation like Disney.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah RLM doesnít really cater to the alt right. Hell in the Marvel review they talk about how weird it is that people are making daily YouTube videos about Brieís comments and how they should just get over it.

They even agree that having diverse voices is a good thing as it gives you perspectives you might not have ever thought about

Yeah, I mean you can tell who watched the video and who didnít, when the people criticising them arenít even aware that they actually agreed with Brie Larson.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

WampaLord posted:

They're not chuds but certain posters keep trying to read them that way and give them zero benefit of the doubt.

Are they woke as gently caress? Of course not, but they're not chuds.

Kinda reminds me of when the same posters were calling James Rolfe sexist because he didnít want to see the new Ghostbusters film.

Youíve watched these guys for years, you know they arenít like that and theyíre basically isolated from all that bs, have a little faith in them being decent people instead of being ready to immediately jump at them if you think theyíve done something wrong. Also actually watching the videos and listening to what they say would go a long way as well.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm kind of on edge because of a leftuber harassment case that has been on my mind. I can live with rlm being just controversial I guess. The way I read the ink blot of their opinions, having watched their content over the years, is anticorperatism but in drunk Midwestern slob language rather than breadtube language and I think that can reach people. Theyve actually praised representation a lot but I don't think it matters in this case.

They actually have at that. They sold me on Annihilation when they talked about how well the women in it were represented in that movie.

Theyíve been anti corporate since inception and in their last Half in the Bag video for Captain Marvel they were even making fun of those alt right youtubers. It just feels really silly for someone to accuse them of being racists/alt right because they didnít talk about a topic in a certain way or because they think that gives the alt right a place to hide. The truth is theyíll do that with just about any content we consume, itís not avoidable.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

It sounds like a messy breakup five years ago.

Thatís how I read it as well. Iím taking this one with a huge grain of salt.

The whole part of refusing to accept he wasnít gonna wait with her at the hospital was flatout weird to me

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Ohhh no, so that basically confirms that was the reason she really left Ross as well. This tale keeps getting worse the further we go

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Double posted ignore

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

"we need to break up the monopoly!" *gets paid a boatload by epic to be an exclusive for a year*

valve has hosed up steam for years by just letting anything and everything on and it'd be pretty easy to make a better storefront.

Regardless of how you feel about the quality of the titles they let on, feature wise Steam has so much that every other launcher Iíve used is barebones in comparison. Itís not that easy to compete with it, but a good start would be having basic functionality like shopping carts, instead of having almost no functionality like Epic does.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The issue is that for most players it's not something they like to do.

Tyranny was a commercial disaster and internal metrics from Bioware said like 80% of Mass Effect players went Paragon

The reason people do this is because playing the good side in games always has better rewards. Itís not worth playing a villain when you get punished for it, so of course everyone rolls towards the goody two shoes side because thatís where the developer pushes you.

Also Tyrannys commercial failure had nothing to do with the story and everything to do with literally no one knowing it existed. Itís a fantastic game that had no marketing presence at all.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

His SWAT 4 videos were some of the funniest stuff he's ever done and it's a shame that they're largely lost to history. It was just a dude being playfully frustrated by a lovely game that he clearly loved anyway.

Man that brings me back. His AI partners just absolutely ruining his day with flashbangs was hilarious.Maybe one day heíll be back after having beaten his demons and do similar work again if he can handle it.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Please tell me there is more substance to it than "ENDLESS TRASH" that I'm thinking it's going to be

E: Oh cool they gave "Cynicism Warning" at the beginning so I don't have to watch

They actually address people like you in the first ten minutes.

Itís a cool video though, Iím kindíve of the same opinion they have in regards to Marvel, where it really needed to have some breathing room to build up some excitement for what comes next. The only thing on the list of movies coming I actively want to see is the Guardians movie, everything else is a feeling of ď if itís good maybe Iíll see itĒ.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's being lost in this conversation, by the way, is how absolutely abysmal Steam is as a platform for indie devs to work with. It's very hard to stand out among the utter crap that's shoveled over there, and they take an obscene percentage of revenue. They have yet to improve even with this competition from Epic.

There was a reddit post a while back that broke it all down, but Valve eat a lot of costs and offer so many support services for devs, that other game clients including Epic simply do not do.

Devs may be taking it for granted because itís been there for so long, but Steam is incredible in what it offers, letís not pretend otherwise.

Not to mention Epic is offering no competition, their client is still as lovely as day one and theyíre just buying out the market in attempt to be the only storefront on the market. Do you really think if they reach that goal, theyíll keep the PC ecosystem as free and open as Valve let it be? No chance.

The weird part in all of this though is why Valve keeps letting devs advertise for free on their platform , only to pull out last minute. Youíd think they would update their terms of agreement so that devís couldnít pull that on them.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Could it be that Reddit is full of idiots and that in fact Valve benefits from letting all and sundry shovel their poo poo onto Steam? No, I'm sure it's the ungrateful indie devs who are the real masterminds of exploiting poor, defenseless Valve.

.... what?

This is just a discussion on services Valve provide which are actually pretty substantial. Donít make it weird man

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

FoldableHuman posted:

The bandwidth cost for hosting game files, patches, screenshots, promotional videos, &c. The organizational and bandwidth cost of setting up user forums for just about every game that has ever been available on the platform. Steam Workshop. VAC is also a not-insignificant feature available to devs for free.

Foldable listed some of it but yeah thatís just a taste of what they do and they eat the costs that other storefronts make you pay for as a dev

Plus all the user services such as regional pricing, ease of access into the store, support for tons of setups and configurations that the developers themselves donít have to worry about as much due to it existing.

Iím sure thereís room to negotiate on the flat 30% but for the most part Valve earns it.

Asuron fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 4, 2019

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

VanSandman posted:

He likes lolicon (pedobait) so he's trash.

Youíre thinking of Digibro.

Gigguk has been pretty okay as far as Iím aware

Most anime reviewers are garbage though, I donít think there is even one approaching someone of say Lindsayís quality.

Although I have found one called Soul , who I think is probably the closest to hitting that level in terms of analysis. He does some pretty decent editing and he speaks very well with some fairly interesting insights based on the couple of videos Iíve watched, heís got potential.

(Massive spoilers but check his stuff out)https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZ-eq9LlTc

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I don't believe it's going to be this successful several months from now.

If they treat it like the classic runescape stuff was treated, I donít see why not.

Lots of people stick on those private vanilla servers and I know lots of people who flatout wonít play Modern WoW but came back for this and are preparing themselves for this.

Plus you have lots of streamers like Preach who thought that and are saying that in fact no, itís really enjoyable and fun to their surprise.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah you won't hear me trying to say that it's normal or anything smart. I have no idea what the gently caress makes someone think a porn circle is a good idea, especially with the age group he targets for his videos. Like how do you not see something like this coming a mile away.

As for Heidi I honestly don't really know. A lot of conflicting stuff has come out about her that kind of makes her sound way more spiteful and toxic then she let on and at this point I don't think anyone should really invest in it too much.

Yeah, the more Heidi posted, the easier it is to see the point of view that she was purely vindictive. Weíll never know the real story and to be honest, who cares infidelity happens everyday and itís a case of he said/she said. The important stuff was the grooming and predator accusations which seem to have been untrue.

Like I get why people donít want to watch a 42 minute video, but he proves at least one of his accusers is unreliable and the other is lying beyond a doubt. Maybe give it a proper watch through and come to your own conclusions. I feel thatís better than just condemning someone without ever hearing the full story.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Libluini posted:

I condemn him because he cheated on his wife. How lovely he was beyond that is only the cherry on top.

Except in that video he says he wasnít, shows texts to support that and that he had been trying to divorce her since 2018. Like I said watch the video, itís a he said/she said situation. Itís a moral failing if he did it, but at the end of the day their love life isnít our business.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Endorph posted:

The fact is that even if his marriage sucked and he was trying to divorce her, and even if everything was consensual, a grown married man going into 18 year old's DMs to talk to them about 'building a healthy space where we can all express ourselves sexually' and then showing them his dick is creepy as poo poo.

No one is arguing it isnít creepy he did that jesus christ

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Jontron literally spouted white supremacist talking points , stuck by them and never gave any apologies for them.

I mean what would it take for you to stop watching his content, does he literally have to murder someone on screen while screaming Heil Hitler before you stop supporting him? At some point by watching his content, you are part of the problem in giving people like him a platform to say stuff like that in the first place.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Merry Christmas, thread

E: image removed because of identifying information
lol

Hahaha of course itís them saying that, who else really.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 25, 2019

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Augus posted:

my favorite fate character is Ishtar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KdQ7Gig770

Thank you for bringing this back. Ishtar is the hero we need right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It bugs the poo poo out of me when people give all of the credit for the DCAU to Dini and Timm.

Especially Timm who as otherís have mentioned writes really gross material.

I remember watching the Killing Joke in the cinema when it went on that limited run and I have never before or since heard a crowd boo a scene like they did the Batgirl sex scene.

I also find it really gross that he decided to make the Joker sexually active instead of being asexual. I really did not need to know that the Joker tracks down prostitutes first thing he does every time he escapes prison Timm and I certainly didnít need the image