Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Baka-nin posted:

Before this thread gets started I think we should all take a moment of reflection and look at the last threads wall of shame.

I wonder how much of that is just me demanding Tie Fighter when Jontron was doing Starcade. Good lord how am I on top of the pile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Several former content producers drafted a Google document called Not So Awesome which detailed various issues they had during their tenure on the site. There is some pretty awful stuff in there particularly regarding Mike Michaud and Rob Walker. Doug is complicit in a lot of it but he's kind of a broke brained dumbass so most of the issues with him are about how incompetent he is as a filmmaker.

They also issued a non apology that said "sorry you feel that way" about all the contributors grievances.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Ross's Game Dungeon has a new episode: Quadralien.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Calaveron posted:

Kinda weirds me out that you posted every single patreon to every critic you linked

No need to ban Patreon plugs when you're not channel awful

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Don't make assumptions. If it's true its unconscionable but if it's not then you're spreading rumours. I'd wait until there's something concrete.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

His ending to No Man's Sky was the best thing he's done.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

https://twitter.com/braydenncg/stat...120996562169869

Actions have consequences it seems.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

I don't know why I'm posting this, but Moviebob decides his audience is morons and takes seven minutes to bitch about how good Rampage is and how everything new sucks.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Lightning Knight posted:

Is Rampage not actually good? I have no intention of going to see it so.

Also I’m really fuckin’ tired of 30+ year old video game nerds acting like everything made before the PS1 was the best thing ever and making best games of all time lists that are mostly old Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon titles. Bob is pretty much squarely in that camp and it’s super obnoxious.

Also the opening to that review and many of his others was needlessly long, he needs to cut down on the cold open poo poo.

The movie is apparently fine, but he felt the need to take the entire review fake laughing at anyone under 25 because of his superior taste. He might not want to admit it, since he didn't like Ready Player One, but he is exactly the kind of self obsessed rear end in a top hat that Ernest Cline was writing for.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

somekindofguy posted:

Can we just get a sequel to Raging Boll with Bob getting wailed on or something

Do you think Uwe would take up wrestling? Id watch him take on Sterdust.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

http://channelawesome.com/our-response/

Channel Awful posted:

Since the posting of the “Not So Awesome” document on Monday, April 2, 2018, we have been exploring all of our options of how to address the lies that have been alleged by multiple disgruntled individuals with vindictive intentions.

Well this is going to go well...

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

...past tense?

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

"I'm not a misogynist! Look at all my female friends!"
"I'm not a racist! My lawyer is black!"

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Remember when Doug had a tantrum about Tommy wiseau flagging his The Roomvideo so he made a response video where he Put on a bad wig and yelled in a bad polish accent for twenty minutes? I'm betting their video response will be like that except with Doug playing everyone else.

Arcsquad12 fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 12, 2018

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

A little humility is always welcome.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

So they cover up his sexual misconduct, monetize his death and hide the truth from everyone until this all breaks.

gently caress off. Just gently caress off. A few days ago I was worried that they might have driven him to suicide and thought that was the worst outcome, but this is so much worse. You utterly complicit contemptible bastards.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Impermanent posted:

Should there be a separate thread for this? This seems big enough to have its own place to live, considering that there are people here who have some connection to these events who will want to be able to talk about things other than this in the coming weeks.

What would you suggest? This is a bad day, but I'd rather this stay contained here than spring up in a place like GBS.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Darth Walrus posted:

Wait, so he’s saying that while he didn’t get the full JewWario treatment, just some creepy comments, other CA producers were just as bad to him?

EDIT:
I worded that poorly. I'll just say wait and see.

Arcsquad12 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 12, 2018

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Darth Walrus posted:

That was a rhetorical question. He literally said that.

business hammocks posted:

Speculation is probably the worst and most destructive outcome for something like that. His story is his to tell or not. Until then let’s let it be. I feel for him too—he was so young when he started. That seems like a theme with CA poo poo.

Yeah, I worded that poorly. Leave it to the people involved and don't force questions on them (lord knows enough people will be doing just that). If they want to speak up then they will.

I will say gently caress that Buff Midge prick on twitter and whichever goon he is for trying to throw Dan under the bus with that screengrab.

Arcsquad12 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 12, 2018

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson...356273641549830

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

The youtube channel will persist. 30000 lost subscribers in a matter of weeks is significant, but not for a channel with a million + subs.

It's absolutely the end of Channel Awesome as a brand.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Lightning Knight posted:

How tho? If no one is making content for it, that is. And hopefully no creators in their right mind would join.

You realize it's not like Doug himself is going to stop making his terrible videos, right? Just because their lovely web 2.0 website has imploded is not going to stop their Youtube channel anytime soon.

The Day the Awesome Died. Elton John would be proud.

Arcsquad12 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 13, 2018

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Lightning Knight posted:

No I honestly don't, I've never heard of this place until it came up in this thread since last month.

Well, fair enough then. But no, the website dying won't mean much since the majority of his viewers are on Youtube now.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

So did Larry win king of poo poo Mountain?

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Hurray, take your poo poo and get out now!

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

I will laugh/cry if this goes to a court case, because Michaud's responses will tank any sort of legal high ground CA think they have. They've got the money to afford lawyers but their utter incompetence handling this issue will bite them in the rear end come a hearing.

Arcsquad12 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 13, 2018

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

We now close one chapter and begin anew.
Anyone here watch Auralnauts Star Wars?

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

nine-gear crow posted:

Their Episode III video was funny, but once they moved into the OT they really start to drag.
I actually like their OT stuff better just because of how the recontextualize Anakin and Duke's relationship. Plus the music in Last Laser Master is so good.

CelticPredator posted:

Oh this CA stuff is not over. Not at all.
The website is dead. We're not done yet but were hitting the denouement. If CA is smart they'll just end but knowing them they'll try to do some drag out Digital Homicide style double down.

Or maybe I just don't want to go through such a miserable reading experience again so I'd like to change the subject for a while. You guys can keep talking about this meltdown but I think I need some time just discussing other content.

Arcsquad12 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 13, 2018

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Well I was more hoping the discussion would be about Auralnauts in particular but I guess Last Jedi is a good distraction detail as well. Also I'm phone posting but there is a video of Rich Evans predicting Luke's entire motivation in TLJ that came out in November 2015 and he's pretty much dead on the money.

Moviebob also put up a video the other day about how pointless the Roseanne reboot is when shows like Bob's Burgers or King of the Hill already exist to show what life is like for average Americans who might have voted for Trump, since apparently Roseanne's reboot is specifically about her voting for Trump and her family trying to deal with it.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Should have done it Expanse style where their need to outrun the enemy is dictated by how fast they can accelerate before running out of fuel, so the chase starts going faster and faster and faster until it's like the scene in Star Trek Into Darkness where they're trading shots while flying at Warp speed. Only good part of that movie IMO.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am slowly learning that the people in this thread are generally more empathetic to the people being discussed in this thread that the subforums I am used to (i.e. wrestling and football). I get that I have to learn how to better mesh into the culture here if I want to continue posting, but a mod and top 10 poster attacking a newcomer for not understanding the unstated "decorum" of a thread is a excessive and frankly a little alienating

Lots of content creators post in this thread and we like to have them around and value their input. Reveling in their misery and being a jerk is a good way to piss them off and make them leave. So don't do that. They get enough poo poo on twitter they don't need it coming from us.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Leal posted:

So going off twitter, you may want to avoid the CA forums.

Oh, child death images. Wonderful.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Yardbomb posted:

What about Iron Liz now? Last I saw anything of them it looked like they'd turned into one of the cheetoman's cultists and were defending the pathetic "Remove transpeople from the military" poo poo.

Down the Rabbit Hole is airing an audio recording between himself and Liz where she goes into her experience surrounding Carmical.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Roth posted:

I didn't realize the conspiracy about Dan being a pedo was that he somehow operated a sting operation on 8chan and created the pedo boards himself.

Did I just miss a huge portion of the article?

Some goon seems to have taken a screenshot of Dan's post yesterday and put it on Twitter and a bunch of trolls took to it like flies to poo poo as "proof" he's a pedophile.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Honestly I don't post on RGD outside of this thread, but I though LK did a good job and, considering the content being discussed in the last week, the response to Mel's foray into the thread was handled alright. Things can absolutely get too tense in here, but from my experience lornekates has not been antagonistic and was trying to keep things civil.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

https://twitter.com/LarryBundyJr/st...935216094629893

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Hey if they get Tommy Wiseau to do the part will they be able to fit RLM in there somewhere since they made that video getting Tommy to say "you're tearing me apart George (lucas)"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Mraagvpeine posted:

No, that's who should play Michaud.

Stefan Molyneux, just so we can keep creepy bald assholes together. We won't pay him though.