Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Reminder: Bob likes Other M and considers it better than the Prime games because it's not a jock FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Kunster posted:

I do not understand the meaning of the manning emote. This is not me being confrontational about it, just confused.

Peyton Manning has a massive forehead.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Weldon Pemberton posted:

You'll have to grind when you're doing the first boss (the biker gang dude) and a few others. That's it really. You will probably get wiped out once or twice if you lose focus while fighting an enemy like those exploding trees near Saturn Valley.

I dunno. The game is easy on the whole, but when it tough, it gets tough. Especially Fourside. And Dream Fourside in particular.

Now Earthbound Beginnings/ Mother 1, that game is ridiculously hard.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Gearbox is perhaps the most unprofessional non-indie dev I've seen. They're the only one I've seen where employees publicly insult their competition, like Burch mocking Last of Us's writing or a group of their artists calling Dragon's Crown ugly. A better company would have PR people keep them from doing that poo poo. And of course, there's Pitchford himself who regularly calls critics "haters" and accused Jim Sterling of "having a boner" for him.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

wait, what game told that story better in 2010

I assume he's referring to Nier. Which, other than them both being Dad games, are completely different stories.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

cat doter posted:

a good deal of how DmC turned out was actually capcom, they were very involved in the project and kept pushing for changes that ninja theory seemed uncomfortable with or unprepared for, leaving them in the awkward position of defending changes they themselves didn't even want to make (and they did this in a really lovely way to be fair)

though I'm not saying capcom was totally at fault obv, it was just that the kind of game ninja theory actually wanted to make was very different from what was made

japanese publishers in general were really struggling with trying to appeal to western audiences to expand their profit base, since trying to appeal solely to japanese audiences with the skyrocketing development budgets just wasn't working out, lots of publishers in japan were doing this and I can't think of a single instance where it actually worked out, saying "well ok DMC is more popular in the west than it is here so let's westernise it" just alienates the original audience which came to that game for its japanese style in the first place

though thankfully it seems like lately we've come out of the other side of this mentality with japanese publishers, so hopefully something like DmC never happens again

It should be noted the person pushing for more westernization (whether good or bad) was noted westaboo Keiji Inafune. Who, his post-Capcom work proves, probably wasn't someone they should have been taking advice from in the first place.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

"Twas me, Austin! 'Twas me all the long! Even my closest of kinsmen were convinced!"

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Mother's Basement was probably the anime critic the most pissed off about the Rorouni Kenshin author (and Shounen Jump in general for being okay with it) that I saw, telling people to definitively not buy his comics anymore.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It was really dumb of Jim to single out Nintendo as an exception when they did literally the exact same thing as the others. His reasoning for it was pretty dumb, too.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The Riot deal is totally the company doing damage control from that Kotaku article. The fact they're putting in a space that's supposed to be safe for marginalized groups and not allowing PoC and LGBT men from entering is pretty telling.

Personally, I would have let any man attend, but prohibited the straight white cis ones from saying a word. :unsmigghh:

The straight white guys complaining really need to ask themselves "If this was open to everyone, would I really have even considered going?". Because the answer's no.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

gently caress the Demon Ruins / Izalith. The shoddy enemy placement alone would be insulting enough. The Bed of Chaos fight is downright antithetical to the game's design: a fight based almost entirely on luck rather than the player's skill and preparation.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Avellone has gone on record that they were not mistreated by Bethesda and a lot of the dumb things like the short timeframe were Feargus Uruqhart's ideas. While this would normally be taken with a grain of salt given how Chris and him have bad blood, Feargus himself has been saying the same thing for years in interviews.

Here's a twitter thread with some of his comments. https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisavellone/status/1057842236002463746

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 21, 2018

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

I didn't even know he put out a video on Epic,

He didn't. He made a video about how Steam sucked for allowing a game called "Rape Day" onto its storefront. Epic was mostly mentioned as an aside about how he wouldn't blame developers for picking EGS over Steam. Which yeah, ain't exactly great in hindsight, but it's far from a "puff piece." Unless he was paid for all those other anti-Steam vids he's done for the last 5 years.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Can't wait to find out how they kill Lando!

No matter how they do it, it still won't be as great a death as "a planet fell on Chewbacca."

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Multiple people cried when they debuted the Twilight Princess trailer. Like, being moved to tears by a story is one thing, but this was over a goddamn trailer. And all it showed was Link riding a horse.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

yo projared is still mad ugly though like how is any of this even happening is crazy

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not to mention they're already getting taunted by Obsidian with The Outer Worlds with just the line "From the developers of Fallout: New Vegas" in their early trailers.

Well joke's on them, because Microsoft is about to squeeze all the joy and creativity out of them. :suicide:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Matt McMuscles covers what went wrong with Sonic Boom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNxaQ2jAPIk

Spoilers: It was Sega. Literally everything bad about Sonic Boom was the fault of Sega. Holy poo poo what a stupid company.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/jourdayen/status/1205241454563659776

Judging from this it sounds like the abused in question would like it if people wouldn't tweet about this at Todd or anyone he associates with. It seems she made the tweet to officially sever ties and get some closure. It would be for the best if people in this thread would grant her request.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I haven't seen the movie, but do they really say the words "Force Lightning" in it like I've heard? If so, that's really loving dumb.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I liked Ygotas but quickly fell out of love with it due to LK's constant need to stop the show for a brief moment to explain any jokes he makes about the Yugioh series (like "Actual Dubbed Dialogue" text) that not everyone would get, and then repeating the explained joke throughout the entire episode. Contrast with TFS' constant one-off references to the most obscure Dragonball stuff like spin-off or one of its countless alternate dubs where they just trust the audience to get the joke and anyone not in the know can still laugh at the reference for being a non-sequitur. Ironically his Naruto parodies avoid this issue and it's comprised of almost nothing but injokes.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

I could tell TFS was getting bored with Abridged when they started sneaking in slightly more dramatic bits here and there. Like how they retconned Android 16 to be modelled after Gero's son who Goku killed when he destroyed Red Ribbon's base.

That wasn't them. That was Toriyama.

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Gebo

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

What exactly is going on with Vimeo today? I literally can't find anything on the rest of the entire Internet discussing anything about them.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

contrapoints evangelion opening

A Buck Angel's Thesis

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's not just him. He only got outed because people decided to speak out about a fuckton of twitch streamers being abusers for years. On top of that we've got the entirety of wrestling getting taken to task, and comics and gaming have had some big names called out (Warren Ellis for comics, Avellone for games).

And in all of these cases it's impossible to separate the art from the artist. Because these fuckers wouldn't have the power to do this awful poo poo if it wasn't for their respective art.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

There's also something-waffle.com which is much more similar in design to sa. It's not perfect and needs more members but it's a good substitute if this all goes under. Apparently they've even formed an LP subforum so LPers here will at least have somewhere else to post.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Didn't see this posted, but Jim got a review copy of Deadly Premonition 2. And he did not like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5veVhdZLu_k

On the Podquisition he sounds genuinely depressed how this turned out and was looking forward to this cheering him up during the Hell Year. :smith:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's Monday, so it's time for Jim to remind everyone that Ubisoft is literally the most evil video game company around. At least that we know of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOd4KCrbAUo

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Alaois posted:

man, remember Bleach.

they didn't even let that poo poo come to an end, i'm pretty sure they figured that Kubo was just using that poo poo as welfare by that point

Considering the fact that working on the manga was literally killing him, I somehow doubt he was using it as a meal ticket.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

If tehsnakerer's interpretation of the game was the dev's intention, then a much better ending would have been to, instead of fighting some "proto-Alex" guy, have the party members realize that they can stop their world (i.e. the game) from ending by preventing you the player from finishing the game. Undertale did something similar with its genocide route. Have it end on a battle of the player vs. the party in an unwinnable and unloseable fight where the only option for you is to turn off the game. No ending, no credits, their world surivives, they get the happy ending instead of you.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

If you don't want to grind in Persona 4 Golden, just select the easiest difficulty. No need for grinding and they even give you 10 plumes of dusk which are essentially 1ups. And with the improved Shuffle Time and skill card systems it's more than possible to beat the game with just Izanagi. You probably wouldn't even have to buy items or equipment and just use whatever you find in treasure chests. They made it so you don't have to engage with the non-vn parts of the game if you don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

There's also their amazing riffs on BillyMC's videos who they genuinely love.

It's a shame that Chip deleted his rps from his channel because they were good examples of how to rp without attacking the lper. They mostly used the video footage as an excuse to tell jokes. Especially the Wolverine one.
"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do is slice off my own dick."