Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A very unusual thing I have noticed about Ninja's socialblade (I've been looking at it for a while) is that there are these insane pops where there are suddenly tens of thousands of subscribers in an hour-long slice. Socialblade (which had been around for years) updates the subscribers hourly, so it's not a problem of granularity. Look at the 60,024 right here and compare it with the hours around it:

Obviously I'm no Youtube expert, but I haven't noticed anyone else that has their subscribers bunched up like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ricdesi posted:

Juicy. Not trying to take the air out of it, but does it line up at all with YouTube's various "subscriber readjustments"?

It's once (almost) every day.

I have been tracking this for a little while now and sometimes the boost doesn't happen. Then Ninja gets about 1/3 or 1/4 of what he usually does.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There was a much worse Jack Thompson CAD comic than the rant one, a really bad one with him getting molested by a Pong machine as a child. (So now he hates video games).

This no longer seems to be on the CAD website, but it existed.

Corek fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 28, 2018

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

business hammocks posted:

The red letter media skits are dire garbage. They’ve long since put the umbrella of that tired double-irony “bad on purpose look we’re winking this isn’t a genuine attempt to be funny isn’t that funny?” they use when they’re ashamed of something.

But I guess they’re afraid their mid-30s teen audience would be mad if they just spoke honestly about movies they had something to say about.

:thunk:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CelticPredator posted:

It's called

Legend of the Guardians: Owl's of Ga'Hoole

Owl's

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
edit: Nevermind.

Corek fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 27, 2018

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

https://twitter.com/robwhisman/status/735317544156991488

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A few days old but

sexpig by night posted:

yea she does go off on stuff but it's stuff everyone agrees is garbage like 'what if Disney Land had WHORES and MURDER'

From my memory Escape From Tomorrow was received VERY well in Cinema Discusso when it came out five years ago lol

Corek fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alaois posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I can't possible imagine that being true, you're yanking my crank

Please remember this is cinema discusso we are talking about here

(Okay, it may have been just a few posters. But there was definitely nobody putting the film down.)

Corek fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 24, 2018