Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Irate Gamers review of Wolverine Origins is the funniest thing. Itís so good that Mike Stoklasa dunked on him for being such a stupid idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Oh this CA stuff is not over. Not at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Last Laser Master is better than Last Jedi.

Last Jedi owns so much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

The hate for the movie is the weirdest thing to me, that it actively frustrates me. Itís like listening to another language or something.

I argued with my buddy about it for 20 minutes and it was just so pointless. I see all the answers to his issues and yet he canít see them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Everything that happens in those plot lines are that the characters fail and fail and finally realize how to accept the failure and the loss and figure out a way to actually do something that eventually saves the day.

The only character that doesnít win is Kylo Ren because he cannot embrace his failure. He cannot fail. Therefore he fails the most.

Just like Channel Awesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Valliantstu posted:

So, honest question, if other people knew about the jew wario thing, why were they complicit about not mentioning it? Was the institutional pressure actually on the level of MSU/Penn state or were they bound by some weird contract? And why is it bad that he was unmasked as an abuser?

I haven't honestly watched anything by the CA people since spoony fell off the internet nearly a decade ago, so I'm not really up to date on the groups goings on other than it all being on fire at the moment.

Itís basically fear of the fansí retaliation. If you take down an admired figure, people are going to defend them. Hard. The idea that this person they love and admire is actually pretty bad is something that really messes with some people.

And some people will get nasty about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

I really like Rey, and I really, really like Finn. They keep hyping up "the scene where Finn gets to kick someone's rear end" and then takin' it away from him.

But yeah I think that the Last Jedi is really tedious and has bad pacing, the chase scene as a conceit was really bad, and they almost did something cool with the big fight scene in the throne room and then pissed it away at the last second by choosing the only one of three options that was boring and predictable. There's a lot of things I like about the movie conceptually, certain characters, and visually, but I just am not on board with their approach to narrative, plotting, and world building.

Of course, the internet has decided that the worst thing about these movies is that POC are in them and there's a lady with purple hair who correctly owns a white man for being stupid, as opposed to any actual problems with the film.

I hear more opinions in line with yours then I do about SJW or whatever.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Poe is a brash rear end in a top hat. He thinks he's entitled to be a hero, that he deserves to be in command. But he doesn't. He can't just take a breath and let someone else run the show. It was all about him winning the day by shooting the bad guys.

Until the end when he decided to figure out a plan using logic, and reason, that didn't involve shooting. It took a while, but he got it at the end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

I've personally met a lot of people who weren't strictly alt-right or GamerGaters or what have you but were really mad about the purple haired lady talking down to the sick fighter pilot hero and that type of stuff. It's there, but it depends on what kind of circles you observe.

Yeah, this is fair. Honestly the only people I met that loved the film as much as I did, are Star Wars nerds where anything and everything Star Wars is good, including, and especially, the books and poo poo.

I grew up with it and it's a part of my childhood, but I don't love all of it. I mean, I kinda let it go for almost a decade because I was sick of all the bullshit things Lucas was doing to the OT. I was stoked for TFA, and I liked it, but didn't love it... but TLJ struck a chord with me on a super personal and emotional level. I wish I could discuss these things with people IRL, but I can never find them.

Movies are weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

The lightspeed scene was never the plan. It was a quick, spur of the moment, there is no other choice thing.

The whole plan was to sneak out of there undetected while the First Order is focused on the main ship. I mean, I don't think the film is flawless, although I think a lot of the issues are way over blown or just misunderstood. But I will say the film might've worked better if the plan was stated, but Poe still found issues with it and did what he did.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

It would be interesting to see him gently caress up the plan due to his arrogance and his need to fight.

I loving love "Don't fight what you hate, fight for what you love". That owns and is really cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

I mean, the whole galaxy knows what Luke did to stand up to the First Order. A new generation of rebels will come up and help them take down the First Order in the next movie, I'd imagine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

It's the middle of the night, tomorrow there will be more news about CA and all it's horrors, and this will all be pretty much buried.

But I think it does mean more space ships. And it wasn't just those kids who know. The idea was to show how far this story spread. Which means a lot of people know.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

You canít apply real science to Star Wars, come on now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

A new BOTW and a new Report of the Week food review? What a lucky Friday the 13th!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

I'll be honest...kind of? I find it fascinating for the most part, but mostly the way they ran their film crew for the dumb movies and treated their crew when it came to them uploading content.

The grooming pedo rape stuff is just no beuno though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

It's worth a watch especially if you like space opera and the dragon dudes were so cool.

It's annoying and Eddie Redmayne sucks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Double Toasted is your answer for non white media talk.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Yes that is weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Danielle rules.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Double Toasted podcasts are great and worth listening too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

When Spill shut down everyone else from that site went on to do other stuff, except for the guy who voiced Co-Host who apparently doesnít do social media or anything anymore

He went on the Halloween special last year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

drat thatís cool, he had disappeared for awhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yB4MDsANw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Thereís worse people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

I hate the NC and would be fine if I never see th shrill gun waving bald man again

But he could just call him self The Critic. Everyone calls him that away. Same character, different name.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Something went wrong

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Joey is loving disgusting all around and only worth watching if you want to feel better about yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2AWIXY1CXQ#t=25s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDKmDEmlC4#t=224s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-Sy11mvZU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Mister Bibbs if you detest internet review content so much why are you here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

That's why it wasn't a question.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

I think you have me confused with someone else. I like internet content just fine, by and large.

Your sassy tone when describing what these people do makes me think other wise. I don't think it would be that hard to explain what you did for a living if you have something to show for it.

"I've spent the last few years making a very active and popular film review site, which had a variety of different content, such as comedy skits, short films, and sometimes a feature. We had over a million subs and made a lot of money".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

I like that we live in the Demolition Man future.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Holy poo poo can we get a loving mod please

We must fight for ourselves!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Moviebob sounds as bad as he looks. People complain about Mike's plinkett voice, but nothing is more grating to my ears than his weird mishmashed accent. It's like nails on a chalk board.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Anime is terrible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Itís really incredible. Thank you Lindsay.

Iím going to send over the whole set to my LOTR obsessed friend and see what she thinks about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

IHE works for me because his character he's playing is a swarmy gently caress. When he's just plain ol Alex, he's pretty funny. It's like listening to Report of the Week on his reviews, VS his VORW's where he gets pretty goofy. Doing silly voices and weird little goofy things that he wouldn't do in his reviews.

I dunno how Ralph or YMS are outside of themselves.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

Maybe I'll watch the Ralph video on GOT. Might save me a season. I don't know why but my excitement of that show died hard with the last season. Which I actually enjoyed. But I just don't care. Who gives a poo poo about all that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

IHE's politics seem mostly quiet "both sides suck" stuff. His I Hate 2016 video had him mostly making GBS threads on right wing politics but then he threw in a couple left wing things (some MTV thing that got people mad about it "hating white people" and that Hugh Mungous thing that Ethan Klein obsessed over). Unless I've missed something on his Twitter, he's not as vocal about politics. I know nothing about Ralph's views.

When you're young, and online and you have people shoving these ideas in a very abrasive way, it can seem very alienating. It took me a good while to find the nuanced ideas when it comes to identity politics, and social stuff in general. I'd imagine he's similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

i have like BVS/MOS ptsd at this point. The CD comic book thread is a non stop circle jerk about those movies. Every goddamn comic book movie is held to THAT standard, and it's super alienating and quite frankly, boring as hell to read. And it's always the same like 4 people too.