Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come even though doug is rich he kept recording his reviews on what seems to be a webcam and the movies they made had the quality of a cell phone video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah i dunno why brad hasn't upgraded. what is he even using - his videos are worse than a camera phone in quality.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Joseph Anderson on Minit:

i think joey anderson is the only reviewer where i've agreed with everything they put out. i felt like i was on crazy pills when everyone was praising "inside" and his review was a little breath of fresh air. haven't played minit yet so i guess i'll hold off on watching.

but yeah not being able to say mario right is the worst bit of his reviews. made the odyssey one painful to sit through even though i agreed with it.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 14, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

Joseph Anderson made a new short video about an indie game. It is surprisingly self-aware.

lmao him making fun of his mario mispronunciation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was kinda bummed because when i heard of minnit i actually thought it'd be just like his comparison so that was extra funny.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rich evans is some kind of bog troll.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the character says his own name.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was under the impression the walkers are channel awesome.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

right wing assholes arguing in bad faith? well i never!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

irate gamer is objectively the best internet personality. don't @ me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's one of the few games i play but the devs are dumb as hell so looking forward to this.

edit: LOL did he play tpp on console just to troll extra hard?

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 16, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my fave jon bois moment:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

was kinda bummed with the jimquisition thought he'd go over how they've mishandled the game itself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like joseph anderson because he was the only person who was right on inside, breath of the wild, and darkest dungeon and i felt like i was on crazy pills since everyone else was gushing about them.

i never knew how bad dsp hosed himself until i watched the down the rabbit hole about him. i just knew him as the dude that was bad at video games and then jerked off on cam by accident. he had the road to easy street despite being incredibly lazy and bad and just continually hosed up in hilarious and easily avoidable ways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7wLuuDiHA

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is generally not a good attitude to take towards criticism

uhhh. he didn't just say "they aren't great".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was that he was right and for the right reasons. if someone dissected last action hero and how it failed i'd enjoy it even though i like the movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

drat extra credits finally made a good video.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't even think it's including people that aren't actually working class. i think they can't grasp that college educated, economically comfortable white people are the base for our dumbest president. it's much easier to pass it off on those uneducated bumpkins who don't know any better. it's far more horrific to realize it's the white people living in the suburbs and exurbs even in deep blue states like mine that voted for him.

it's also letting republicans and their voters off the hook as it were for trump. the myth that he is an aberration as opposed to the living embodiment of the southern strategy and a perfect encapsulation of what the right wing media machine turns people into.

the gop has been a white nationalist party for over half century and trump made that more obvious than ever and the media can't handle that because of their obsession with balance. it can't be tens of millions of white people voted for the most openly racist candidate in decades because they're racist. it has to be something else. anything else.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 18, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

was movie robert the guy who made some of those cinema sins videos.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Doctor Spaceman posted:

E: Nah, different Bob.

yeah i went and checked it's bobvids. i wish there was a channel that was just a rebuttal to every cinema sins video. i'd watch em all!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rip made my twitter handle to mock him. feels bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Anime is terrible.

hes right folks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

peaced out on yms after i found out he's a furry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ralph's one of the few guys that talked about how bad the most recent season of got was but that's about all he's got going for him lately.

i mocked yms for being a furry but the far weirder thing is how lazy he is. if you told me "hey if you post a review you're going to get somewhere between a quarter mil and a mil views every time" i'd be cranking out content.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the first four seasons were various levels of good five was real bad six was slightly better but mostly bad and seven just completely fell off a cliff but the guy who likes the worst of the superhero films may not have the best taste.

DoctorGonzo1969 posted:

I'll give credit to Ralph that his video on Minions voiced a lot of my own issues with Illumination's films, and then some, but that's about it. He comes off too aggressively for me to enjoy, and if it's a joke (which I'm assuming it is) it's a bad one.

that's his best vid. i dunno why all these guys do skits and poo poo (thought that poo poo was dumb back in the ol spoony days) it's never good. even rlm i skip the beginning of hitb 9 times out of 10.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

"You clearly like the wrong movies" I say as I queue up my Game of Thrones marathon

the worst season of game of thrones is better than batman v superman as much as that pains me to say.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kind of a silly thing to say - even the most commercial and empty products have themes. y'know like bvs. or justice league.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pa kent was the worst part of man of steel and that's saying something.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

celtic predator, as is often the case, is right as hell.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

also while we're dropping hot takes on the countryside like it's Vietnam I'm just gonna say I think the reason RLM's star wars stuff is so sacred to so many nerds is it was the first time many of us saw criticism of the films from within the community rather than from outsiders who's main criticism boiled down to 'yea but space stuff is lame' so it was assigned a lot more depth than's actually there.

MonsieurChoc posted:

The more you know about movies and moviemaking, the more terrible the Plinkett Star Wars review seem. Because they're wrong on a huge amount of things, as well as being super manipulative on anything to do with Lucas.

I still love RLM and follow their channel and videos, but as the years go by I've come around to realizing the Prequels reviews are just plain bad.

Which doesn't mean you can't dislike the Prequels. That'S a question of simple taste more than whether something is good or not.

nah.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 21, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4JhP-NyeQ

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's more sadness over how the mighty have fallen. the dc films minus wonder woman are trash fires and it's hilarious seeing someone able to expound upon how bad in the name of the wind is but utterly incapable of processing what failures those movies are on an even basic cinematic level.

and also lol at quoting yaws giving you a positive review.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 21, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i forgot doug killed off the critic to make a show but didn't upgrade his camera equipment even for that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

Man of Steel relies heavily on trite imagery and flashy cgi visuals.

sorry this is meme-like banality.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 21, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a lot of the poo poo is obvious. you shouldn't get upset that it wasn't obvious to you.

when i was watching suicide squad i realized the editing was terrible. i wasn't going to break it down point by point because it was so obvious to anyone watching it who understands the basics of editing. luckily dan did a video on it so i can link that instead of making a long post about it even though for whatever reason that isn't allowed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nothing is ever "obvious" to people. It's "obvious" you shouldn't walk into traffic at a crosswalk unless the light says you can, but people can still need to be taught that rule before they understand it. Same is true of understanding editing or how dialogue works, and those are considerably more nuanced and actually require a good deal of thought to unpack and understand.

meant to people that spend their time postin bout movie films.

I don't dispute Suicide Squad's is weirdly edited, but even there you're being extremely vague and appeal to authority.

lol hopeless.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zack Snyder's two Superman movies (there's only two) have been the only superhero movies of lasting value for elevating digital fantasy. Their vibrant, extravagant visuals, mixing of realism and fantasy, and genuine idealism have rendered superhero movies before and after obsolete.

this is a good bit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man of steel is the fourth best superman movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

black panther was the bad guy though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

one of the supermans shoulda ripped off the dark knight returns scene where he gets nuked and sucks up the sun power from the plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I was actually thinking of the opposite, about how easily manipulated the people in this thread are and how they just can't help themselves but to argue with botl.

perhaps some of us enjoy dunking on stooges?? don't kinkshame.