Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

The only one I know of that's worth paying attention to is the podcast Mobile Suit Breakdown https://twitter.com/GundamPodcast They're very thorough and have a good setup and chemistry between the hosts. They also go much deeper to explain or speculate on the references and inspirations for the show and are well versed in Japanese linguistics and history, as well as the history of the franchise.

The one's I've found on yt aren't fascist at all, there's actually been a lot of pushback on that in the fandom so it mostly only exists as right wing social media accounts with a zeon flag avis. However most gundam channels I know of are either just superficial fan gushing, which usually means explaining what's ludicrously obvious if you watched the show or movie they're talking about. The other channels are just about building and rating the gunpla models.

Baka-nin fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Oct 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

A mate of mine read the comic after series 1, he described it as a horrible miserable series. Comic Tropes did a comparison video, and I couldn't think of a change for the show that wasn't superior in some way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NIMq4X9tMs

I mean even the artwork is horrid, seeing Butcher's bizarre sociopathic wide open smile and his bizarre rugby player on steroids proportions would put me off reading the comic alone.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Lamplighter change and the Black Noir change (the only interesting thing in the comic) are both inferior.

Hmmm, nah