Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Arcsquad12 posted:

The movie is apparently fine, but he felt the need to take the entire review fake laughing at anyone under 25 because of his superior taste. He might not want to admit it, since he didn't like Ready Player One, but he is exactly the kind of self obsessed rear end in a top hat that Ernest Cline was writing for.

Do people under 25 not know what Rampage is? I remember playing the N64 game a lot as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

quote:

ACCUSATION – Holly Brown makes numerous accusations throughout the document.

FACT – Holly Brown is a former employee and shareholder who was allowed to resign. Unfortunately her accusations are not true and are vindictive in nature.

This is my favorite one.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sarcopenia posted:

I don't think that people understand that even if you are close to a person you don't always know if someone is an abuser.

Honestly, even if you do know about it, it can be incredibly difficult to speak up about it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

MisterBibs posted:

At some point CA is just going to fold because of all this, right? Like, screw the morality and ethical terribleness for a minute, a site like this simply can't support itself with like 4 (or whatever) contributors, right?

right?

Nostalgia Critic is still a big pull somehow.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Pirate Jenny posted:

I haven't watched it, because simply existing this week is giving me stress hives, but I'm like... 90% sure I have never interacted with this person. I don't remember anyone describing him as "alt-right" because like... I didn't know him? Didn't talk to him? He seems to have a hate boner for me that seems deeply personal, but I don't recall ever saying anything about him, let alone interacting with him. I know nothing about this person other than he has me blocked on Twitter for some reason, and tweets about me sometimes and our mutuals respond to him.

It is of course possible our paths crossed in a stream or something but I legitimately do not recall such things ever happening. Also, "cliques." Yeah, it's called having friends.

If I remember right, the claim was that somebody in your friend group told him that or something?

Seems kinda strange to bring up something that was, like, five or so years ago and seems really minor.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't realize the conspiracy about Dan being a pedo was that he somehow operated a sting operation on 8chan and created the pedo boards himself.

Did I just miss a huge portion of the article?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

FoldableHuman and Bravestofthelamps as co-mods.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't really have any actual suggestions for mod, since this is the only thread I read in this section. :v:

Edit - Anyway, that Count Jackula video just seems like it's trying to jump on the bandwagon, but all of his complaints are just minor stuff like "This guy disagreed with me" or "Nash was kinda rude to me at a party"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There is nothing of value that BOTL contributes to this thread, and that month long probation Lornekates gave him for calling DoctorWhat a pedo was probably the most enjoyable this thread has ever been.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope the Channel Awesome controversy gets turned into a professional documentary that goes on to win Oscars and then gets turned into a biopic about Doug Walker.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Now I'm just thinking up casting for a movie based on Channel Awesome drama.

Sandra Bullock as Lindsay Ellis and Scarlet Johansson as Lupa

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/DragonXTweets/status/984872957825638400

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Patton Oswalt as Linkara.

It, it just fits!

James Rolfe can play himself in a cameo

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Steve Buscemi should be Rob Walker

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The truth of the matter is that most of the power is illusory, and your ultimate boss is absentee parent Lowtax who will occasionally come in promising that this time it will be different, only to disappear after he feels he's been slighted enough.

When you put it that way, I'm already the mod of my own life. :unsmith:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Edit - Holy gently caress am I in the wrong thread.

Truly, this thread really is a black hole that we all get sucked into.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

JesuOtaku's gone on to be associate editor at ANN, so I'm going to assume that a lot of the successful ones won't have that much issue moving on with their life.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Inspector Gesicht posted:

It bothered me when Quinton Reviews brought up Lindsay Ellis and the Distressed Watcher in the same sentence, even though Lindsay Ellis is a highly charming and funny internet-reviewer and hasn't been banned from any fast-food establishments.

That we know of

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Every time I think of Tabby I always think how one of the admins in the Contrapoints Discord server that got fired was convinced that the character was based on her specifically.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BigRed0427 posted:

A couple friends of mine just showed me Stines Gate last night. We got about three episodes in and MAN I wished the whole "Time Travel is real" aspect was ripped out. Because then this would be a great slice of life show/Japanese version of Crying of Lot 49 but with a wannabe Rick Sanchez.

Okabe is nothing like Rick Sanchez

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

RLM has frequent jokes about the dumb masses going to see whatever crap is on at the time, so I don't know how it could bother you more in Lindsay's videos which I don't even remember ever being a thing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Also, this poo poo's dumb, here's a new Defunctland video on Superstar Limo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2L-bZiqckM

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Let Del Toro make a film adaptation of The Silmarillion.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

cosmically_cosmic posted:

The most shocking part of all this arguing is that one person who said they actually like Jack.

Rich: Jack, help, how do I beat this Bloodborne boss?

Jack: I don't know Rich. I just read the names of people who subscribe.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Conal Cochran posted:

Between RLM and Lindsay Ellis, I think we can all agree that Jenny Nicholson is the best youtube reviewer.

It's so weird that she started out doing an abridged series style parody of MLP.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Could it be that she comes across as smug to people because she is trying to make a point that she believes is right?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The last thing this thread needs is arguing about Cine D

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Zedd posted:

Well I woke up and saw 200 new posts, I'm "glad" it's just the usual arguing and not some terrible stuff being unveiled.

You mean her oddly captivating reboot pitch and the pony washing video's or something else?

I'm pretty sure her big claim to fame is a series called Friendship is Witchcraft which is basically a bunch of non-jokes. If the concept doesn't turn you off, then it's worth checking out if you like her sense of humor a lot

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

We are witnessing a bot becoming self-aware

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Right. Well, nice to see you were all able to remain calm and rational while I away this morning/afternoon.

Anyway, I'll state it officially here just so that everyone can FINALLY shut the gently caress up about it, but given his little preformance over the course of today... and you all's response to it :manning:, BravestOfTheLamps is no longer welcome to post in this thread because of the earth-rending disruptions he causes every goddamn time he hits the Submit Reply button. And I shall make drat sure that this continues to be policy under my eventual successor, not that I imagine they will need much convincing.

Thank you for your time.

I love you

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

The only good way to talk about art is with beer and friends.

Actually it is with the President who looks like somebody I could have a beer with.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Augus posted:

someone should inform jontron that the simpsons hasn't been funny in like two decades

That reminds me that one of my favorite video essays is Super Eyepatch Wolf's video on The Simpsons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Max Wilco posted:

EDIT: MovieBob on Venom movie:

Actually, they should go with the version of Venom that loves kids and not whatever the hell this is

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ricdesi posted:

Thor: Ragnarok is, if you want to get intensely nitpicky, not a terribly great "superhero" movie. But it is a drat well enjoyable film and one of the most fun experiences I've had in theaters in a long time. Marvel started to figure out in Phase Two that if they move away from blanket "superhero" movies, they can do a lot better than if they all fall into the same genre.

Iron Man 3 is a buddy cop movie in the style of Shane Black's other greats like Lethal Weapon and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Winter Soldier is a spy thriller, Guardians of the Galaxy is a slapstick sci-fi adventure comedy (as is Ragnarok). Playing hard into the heroes' "shticks" has worked out really well for Marvel.

Ragnarok is great because it's just a straight up comedy about superheroes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Even weirder are the people obsessed with defending the honor of George Lucas and the prequels.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

GoneRampant posted:

Cool story bro. Points for the dated meme.

That meme was way more dated than galaxy brain

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

New Defunctland video on Euro Disney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFE8RlKlLCE

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I would honestly take that calart style or whatever it is over the boring Young Justice style that every action cartoon uses.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The amount of rape in Berserk is really off putting.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Arrested for anime crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Three if you include Mr. Satan v Cell.