Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

It's a weird nitpick to hyperfocus on for a zombie apocalypse story. The shambling corpses are like that because of a fungus and we'll roll with that but the lady with about as much muscle as any random human dude you fight that isn't the 6' 6' juggernaut type is super ridiculous in the super mutated grenade zombie game.

Amusingly it was kind of a counterbalance to people complaining about Tifa's look in the FFVII Remake. There people whined she was not hot enough, specifically that they 'shrunk her breasts' and that they were now 'small' which was a super good way to get yourself seen as never having observed a woman before. Tifa and Abby make strong cases that a large portion of awful gamer Twitter are only aware of women via rough secondhand descriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Is there anyone that you guys follow who does like one type of video you like but you don't watch their other videos? For example, I enjoy watching Matt McMuscles "Wha Happun?" videos but I've tried watching some of his other stuff and it just wasn't interesting to me.

I'm not super into Phelous' knockoff animation reviews, but I dig everything else he does.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tifa's muscles were too small, I need to know she can punch or kick a giant tank robot to death.

Jen Bartel has you covered.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arist posted:

They just, and I do mean just, announced mandatory crunch for everyone, in addition to prior crunch that was most likely ostensibly not mandatory but was in all but name.

"They weren't holding a gun to anybody's head!" is the favorite defense for 'non-mandatory' crunch, I believe.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Holy poo poo it just occurred to me that like 99.9% of game devs are salary and don’t see an extra dime from this :stare:

not sure how I missed that, but jesus

And a lot of those salaries are very low, especially when you have to live in places like California.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's proud tradition for Brits to use their accents to convince Yanks that they know what they're talking about.

People even try to poorly mimic British accents for the same appeal, like racist chud Arch (formerly Arch Warhammer). I think he’s actually Swedish.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Well what came first here; like, did he start with "I want to make a post-modern RPG" and work backwards from there, or did he come up with the idea for the story first and legit wanted to make a game surrounding it? If its the second option then yeah I can kind of respect that, even if the execution didn't so much hit a brick wall as a brick shithouse, but a lot of it feels like he saw what games like Undertale did and tried to emulate that without really understanding why it worked and what made it special.

There are few things I find more contemptable when it comes to media critique than 'if you liked it it was good, if you didn't it was satire you didn't get you slackwit, you utter buffoon.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Neo_Crimson posted:

Lmao did Arch take the Warhammer out of his name, because Games Workshop personally told him to gently caress off?

And it was thanks to Arch scoring a sponsorship with World of Warships.

This was right around the time GW slapped him for using 'Warhammer' in his handle.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I’m sorry if it came off like that, I was legit curious what the devs starting point was when they began working on the game. Like I said, thinking about YIIK mostly just grosses me out, especially knowing that one of the characters in the game is a caricature of a real life dead woman who one of the devs was obsessing over.

Oh, not at all! No, I got the impression that's what the YIIK guy was trying to pull.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sorta. i mean i loved letho and Nazi commander Roche. but outside that. ehh. its too up its own rear end with the minutia of the realms geopolitics. 3 does that too but its way easier to understand.

Yeah. The Nilfgaardian ambassador who gives you the rundown in 3 of how the nations are currently at feels very organic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Haywood disabled comments on his admission tweet but not on the one before so it’s a mix of “I believe you!” and similar with a side of “How is Phasmophobia?”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also, hey, let Many a True Nerd have his opinion. I mean, if anybody's played Fallout 3 enough to have positive feelings about it, he has.

Related: Jon also did a Fallout FOUR is better thank you think. That one even I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

Mauler is so strange I can't imagine spending that much time on anything and he does it over and over and over and over again. I didn't like Last Jedi but it wouldn't take me an hour to go over why and he's not even through the opening battle at that point.

At this point I assume Mauler's fans just use his videos as a kind of white noise generator.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm pretty sure the thing that keeps MauLer's fans around is the purestrain longform racism and misogyny :v:

True. That's probably a large part of the reason Cosmonaut Marcus gets up his right nostril so bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Nazis ruin everything, even universally good things like hating on Disney.

It is a shame you have to be careful how to say "I did not care for Captain Marvel overmuch" lest you be lumped in with TheQuartering or the Fandom Menace.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

In addition to Draco's characterization in the books themselves playing into his "troubled boy with rough edges you could sand down with love" for tweens the same age as him, Cassandra Cain's Draco fanfics did do a lot to rehabilitate the character to a ton of readers, even if the fanfics themselves kind of imploded in the drama when the plagiarism was discovered.

There's a deep cut DC comics joke here somewhere.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kappa Kaiju did a review of the Yandere Simulator demo. If you wish for time to be saved, if it's still really bad and Alex is still a giant creep but it almost fascinating at just how bad the game is turning out to be, especially from an optimization standpoint.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archer666 posted:

Still weird how they decided the best way to adapt Monster Hunter was to adapt GATE, but replace fantasy setting with Monsters and Tony Jaa.. Though credit has to be given, Tony Jaa is cool.

Oh wait its directed by Paul WS Anderson. That explains everything.

After a while I decided that the Resident Evil movies were an anniversary present to his wife so she could star in them and now that those are done I guess it was time for a new video game franchise.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Bee posted:

The fact that its a shameless corporate ad for a shameless corporate ad is the real hilarious part imo. Like, there's so much potential for a Star Wars Sims if you had to take that route. And they use it to send you to Disneyland.

Like a lot of people LGR has lamented how the series just continues to strip any and all gameplay you could possibly have, but apparently that’s what the majority of people buying stuff for the game want.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 12, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1315603474378186757

Jenny is a pro gamer now and it's going really well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It’s amazing I’ve never heard of him before and still looks exactly like I’d imagine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

And he has not changed one iota in conduct, attitude, or appearance in over 5 years, even as his stupid antics have reduced him to living at home with his parents and walking dogs for a living because he has been rendered unemployable otherwise.

Reading his Wikipedia page apparently he decided to 'go woke' for a while and when that didn't make money so he leaned back hard into alt-right? Wow. For somebody with an alledged BA in Marketing you'd think he would be better at it.

Jamie Faith posted:

it was the amazing atheist

don't google amazing atheist banana :negative:

Is TJ still a thing? Please say no.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Good Bad or Bad Bad reviewed Stone Cold, the biker action movie that made Brian "The Bos" Bosworth the action star we all know and love today. It is an amazing movie on all levels.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Garth Ennis comic about superheroes filtered through the military-industrial complex turned into a TV series where the themes are refined even further is critical of the notion of superheroes? No wonder poor Bob was so confused. Who among us could have known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mokinokaro posted:

Nash has unfortunately also been going on really dumb rants and takes about the show that seem mostly motivated by him loathing the comic so much he won't give the show a chance.

Which is fair but his takes are so bad it's embarassing.

If I thought he'd listen I'd tell him I also profoundly loathed the comic series but the show more than manages to rise above its source material (which is not hard, admittedly). It's a shame, too, because Nash is normally pretty considered in his likes/dislikes.