Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I heard Big Joel was good but I have trouble watching his videos because I feel like his massive eyeballs are about to pop out of his head at any moment and bounce off the camera. Seriously they must be the size of tennis balls.

Creepy, creepy fish/chihuahua eyeballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

CmdrKing posted:

Well she started here
https://twitter.com/kat_blaque/status/1222526829749080064

And escalated to here
https://twitter.com/kat_blaque/status/1223306577580421120?s=21

It's so utterly disconnected from reality I cannot parse it as anything less than a deliberate and knowing embrace of TERF talking points.

What's even the correct response to this short of "No that probably never happened you loving liar"?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I'm starting to suspect that Noah Caldwell-Gervais is full of poo poo.

I mean he's extremely eloquent, nice and entertaining but I don't believe for a second that even a fraction the depth he finds in video games was purposely put there by its developers.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

This place.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

While I loved Doom 2016. The original doom cyberdemon was more iconic in its design and I would rather have seen an updated version of that. The 2016 one looks more like a lumpy alien than a demon. The original cyberdemon gives more occult hell merged with machine vibes.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

So what's the tldr on what Contras been up to over the last half a year? I dropped her after Buck Angelgate. Did she ever get better?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

fatherboxx posted:

Good news, the Cyber Demon in Doom Eternal looks like the OG!
In fact most demons in Eternal are deliberately closer to sprites (even the soldiers have green hair now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzX09_4hcPc

Now I know the asteroid is going to hit us because that's awesome.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I like Jim. Did Jim ever catch a break. Ever?

Like yeah he's internet famous with all the wealth, power and glory that comes with it. But he's pretty much toiled for it a few thousands subscribers at a time for over a decade. I don't think he ever went viral or anything. He's also one of the few. If not the only completely uncompromising personalities in mainstream youtube videogaming media. No sponsorships, no kissing up to the money. Just his own views come hell or high water.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Now discorvering that some people call bad cartoons Family Guys like some people call all sodas Coke or your mom calls every console a Nintendo and I Do Not Like It.

I had a friend who's mom was a gamer and she called bosses "dragons" So she told me about the dragon in the Ocarina of time water temple and I was so disappointed by the actual final boss (absolutely not a dragon). I only caught on later when she talked about the "first and third dragon" in a different dungeon.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Was the mental breakdown when he stanned for Contra and then had to do a Kevin Spacey to try and pacify the backlash?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I used to like Bobs escapist stuff but his slide into eugenics and other social media idiocy lost my interest for anything but the train wrecks.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

Would you prefer Woolongs?

EDIT: I got a video in my recommended tab. I'm not posting the video because gently caress those guys, but wow, Mauler, Arch Warhammer and Sargon of Akkad sat around and complained about the Paul Verhoeven Starship Troopers movie for five loving hours. It's a trifecta of shitheads misunderstanding a satirical film for hours on end. That's got to be a horrific feedback loop.

Sounds like they understood is pretty well because they are literal fascists, the original book was also fascist and the movie shits on the book and fascists.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Raenir Salazar posted:

I can easily imagine anime studios still existing on a communal coop

Gulag.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

If the UK electoral system had worked like many other European countries (total votes split by number of slots for people in Parliament for the nation as a whole) Dankula, Sargon and Farage would absolutely all be MPs by now and probably for life if they wanted.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I would not underestimate the power of right wing populism in tyool 2020.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Innuendo Studios guy has been stealth batting for Warren for months.

I think he might have caught the liberalism.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What is Chapo anyway? I never had the chance to get into their stuff but I heard they're bad now?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Eugenics Bob strikes again.

It loving amazes me that he of all people would believe in survival of the fittest and then name himself the former.

You should fight it with all you have Bob. In a survivalist future. Packs of rabid kindergarteners will eat you Bob. They're going to make tiny huts from your ribcage to live in Bob.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Does anyone know why Jim Sterling moved to the US? He was asked about his health insurance and he said that he doesn't have one and just pays for everything out of pocket. Seems like his job could be done from anywhere and the US would be the worst place for someone with his health issues. Especially when he has other options.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

There's the forests before Juno where you can just spam Matra Magic to insta kill groups of 5 enemies for tons of xp, money and limit break kill points.

Then once you're done there you can connect fire to your elemental materia (bracer slot) to reduce fire damage taken by 50% (beta is fire) and then go for the Zolom.

Charge up all 3 characters limit breaks. Do 1 meteor rain and the zolom will use beta and then finish it with another limit break.

Katt fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 6, 2020

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Weren't people batting for this guy just a few weeks ago?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Might have been twitter but I distinctly recall centrist mewling the last time he did something dumb and or racist and was called out.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Garrand posted:

You may be confusing that one poster who was defending MovieBob a ways back, but I don't think anybody here has ever defended thequartering

No way! Someone defended Eugenics Bob? Name and shame.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Is Mark Kern an internet personality? What's that weirdo been up to lately? I heard he took credit for the launch of the WoW Classic servers and tried to hijack the Hong Kong protests to revive his career.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

This started out as a 2 part meme where George Lucas spell binds his fans with tales of amazing Star Wars lore that never made it into the movies. But I cut that part because it feels less accurate lately.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The New Colossus is a fun game but it struggles in a few aspects. Scope is one. Going to the moon was a huge effort in TNO. In TNC you go to loving Venus with something like one scene transition.

The nazis are also a near insurmountable threat in TNO. In TNC you start with a super advanced near undetectable submarine loaded advanced airships and several nukes at your disposal.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I also wish they would have kept the occult angle of "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" Mixing advanced tech with occult stuff.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Neddy Seagoon posted:

America is on the other side of the planet, away from the Nazi's seat of power and all their forces. Taking America makes perfect sense, because it's a far greater logistical effort to get ground and naval forces over there than somewhere in Europe. Gives them time to fortify, and rebuild a fighting force to go at Europe properly.

Well I mean it's America like 20 years after they surrendered to the nazis. It's probably pretty well occupied at this point.

TNC takes place in the US for the same reason that 99% of all media takes places there. Because hoora murika.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I like zei squirrel but she's been self-destructing on twitter non-stop since Corbyn lost the election.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

He also blew up a police station I think?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

High level praxis

A man of contrast to be sure.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

watho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jwo5qc78QU

tom scott released a very good video on why the problem isn’t with youtube’s copyright id system, it’s with copyright law

I mean the problem is overwhelmingly with youtubes copyright system because they have all the money in the world but can't be arsed to hire enough people to manually check claims.

They also punish people for refuting copyright claims while specifically not punishing people who file false copyright claims against content they don't own.

Katt fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 24, 2020

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

watho posted:

i mean yeah google has tons of money but youtube is running at a loss and they’re trying really loving hard to if not turn a profit at least mitigate the losses and hiring a bunch of full-time lawyers to check all copyright claims is not at all in their interests. to quote the video, not saying that’s good, it’s just the way it is

the second point is directly talked about in the actual video

Won't someone think of the mega corps :v:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

watho posted:

so did you actually read or do you just want to dunk on a video you obviously didn’t watch

Google and Youtube do not warrant this level of ravenous defence and absolutely not the benefit of the doubt. Tom Scott makes the occasional alright video.

If youtube isn't profitable it's because google is siphoning off money to keep it that way. They didn't spend 1.6 billion dollars on it to lose money.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

watho posted:

i’m not defending youtube the video and i are both saying that copyright is currently fundamentally broken and needs to be either reformed or (in my opinion) completely abolished

That's like the tiniest tip of the iceberg that is the problem with youtube,

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Adams Family also did that controversial thing where the husband and wife liked each other instead of just alternating between hating and tolerating each other.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I actually like stealth combat more in Bethesda than most other games because the NPCs in Bethesda games are.... wait for it.... surprised.

They don't expect you and when you start sniping them they panic and have trouble finding you.

Other dedicated stealth games will have mechanics to balance the stealth so the game becomes challenging as a stealthy character. So for example after a few moments of sniping all of a sudden all the mobs know where you are.

In Bethesda games you actually feel like a sneaky fucker because you sneak and assassinate your way around the challenges built for more head on approaches. Everything from straight up sniping to sneaking up on bosses and planting nuclear charges in their path to obliterate them.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alaois posted:

that's an interesting spin to put on "the ai is dumb as a box of rocks and incredibly easy to abuse with stealth mechanics"

Dumb AI can very easily counter stealth mechanics and does in a ton of games but just knowing where you are instantly when you make a noise or trigger an alarm.

In Fallout 4 the AI can get your general directions and will randomly fire towards you without having spotted you simply because they don't know exactly where you are.

Making stealth in a fallout game less powerful would be incredibly trivial to do but would that make the game more fun?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Last Sonic game I played was Sonic & Knuckles on Mega Drive. I live in a world where sonic never disappointed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

SCheeseman posted:

I enjoyed playing Sonic Adventure 1 on release, when I rented it while I had chicken pox and was completely hosed up on meds to stop the itching. The meds were great, but I'm also pretty sure they're what made the game good.

Ironically I had chicken pox when playing Everquest 2 and I'm pretty sure that's the reason I hated the game so much and all my memories of it are miserable.

That and money had weight and vendors didn't make change so you sold a merchant like 100 crafted rings for 60 coppers each and you were now carrying 6000 copper coins which gave you a massive penalty to movement speed while you slowly made your way to the bank to exchange them for silver and gold coins.