Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pants Donkey posted:

I feel like that old post gives Duke Nukem 3D waaaaaaaay more credit than it deserves, but who knows. I feel like in those days the dev teams were largely a group of young friends just tossing in references because they thought they were cool.

The work stands on its own despite whatever intents may have been had in it’s creation.

Though Duke Nukem 3D might be why so many people think they’re owed sex for shooting aliens/carrying printers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Rebecca Sugar got her start in art/writing doing Zim fan poo poo and it's pretty likely she wouldn't be an artist/writer otherwise

Justin Roiland hasn't openly acknowledged it the way Sugar has, but it's super obvious in his voice acting style and sense of humor

Avatar: TLA literally 100% exists because Zim's art director went "oh poo poo I'm gonna be unemployed" after that show got cancelled and called up a college buddy to make a pitch together

Roiland’s house of cosby’s didn’t really give off a Zim feel imo

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

watho posted:

someone post the screenshot of the recipe that starts with the author’s experience on 9/11

Gotchu fam