Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/rocco_botte/sta...131409051729920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

KayTee posted:

Do it.

Also, the team who made Watership Down made another animated film also based on a book by Richard Adams called Plague Dogs.

Serious warning: if Watership Down is a difficult watch DO NOT RESEARCH PLAGUE DOGS ANY FURTHER!

Alternatively, if you enjoy weeping like a baby, go right ahead and track it down.

When I bought the thing it took me almost 6 months to work up the guts to watch it, coz I knew what it was going in - even though I was never that hard affected by Watership Down.

Kay cries at the thought of dead doggos

I loved The Plague Dogs when I was a child. There was a van that would come round and rent out videos must have rented it over one hundred times.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars.

Get this duck a bicycle.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

Again, I'm not trying to defend Jon. All I meant to say was that apart from the Apu thing, I was under the impression that he had mostly been quiet. There is certainly dumb crap such as this:
https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/sta...123174218813440

Dankula has raised £190,505 to appeal his £800 fine! That's some grift.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Nice one Kim, I forgot that this existed.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Red Letter Media tell us their thoughts on Solo: A Star Wars Story. Their comments section have really become a poo poo show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmPPxQnaGDY

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Sephyr posted:

Then again, DSP apparently still makes about 70k+ a year, so maybe there will always be a floor of hardcore fanatics that will see you through.

Really? Holy poo poo, I wold never have guessed that.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wonder if the dude who created Slenderman is getting any money from the Slenderman film that's coming out.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

I love the notion that gay people get killed because they're asking for too many rights too quickly and not giving violent murderous bigots time to acclimate to the idea of not killing people because they're gay.

I used to have a lot of sympathy for the guy because the whole internet personality deal seemed to give him a lot of anxiety (though I never understood why you'd choose the hot takes business if people being poo poo to you causes you immense mental anguish) but man, gently caress him if that's his idea of empathy.

Boogie: "Actually, you can reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into, just give me ten maybe twenty years."

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

MiddleOne posted:

Redlettermedia just dropped a video for the Jurassic World sequel which ended up immediately being taken down for.... Fraud?

What?

It's on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/276746822

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kim Justice posted:

Some lovely comments here now. No need to make fun of his weight.

Not sure if this thread is ready for such a violent change. How about we open a dialogue about it and in three or four years look at not making fun of his weight again?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kim Justice has put out a nice little video about the disappearing arcade scene in Southend which probably mirrors the rest of the UK, I know it reminds me of what happened at my two local seaside resorts Barry Island and Porthcawl. It was a real trip down memory lane for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwyBMgtGStU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm surprised devs/writers/anyone gaming adjacent create twitter accounts under their real names at all, they must get unreal amounts of grief over the smallest who gives a gently caress poo poo.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

Twitter is in fact a hellsite that exists purely to amplify human misery and we as a species would be better off if it was shut down permanently.

Yeah, I left twitter at the tail end of 2016 but I used to like it for quick updates to things, link to blogposts/podcasts and dril. Some people seem to spend 24/7 on there in the most unhealthy way.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So now she's getting a bigger and bigger profile and doesn't want to "be a oval office" does she have plans to remove any videos where she is "a oval office" where she is able?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Outside of the weapon demonstrations my favourite part of the Deadliest Warrior was when they'd start the battle and it would just been some ninja walking through a random forest and encountering a Spartan. Then at the end when the ninja loses the ninja expert would say "yeah, the ninja would have just poisoned the Spartans food." Also when the IT nerd would say "eh, that doesn't look deadly." then the doctor would come in and say "actually that would kill a man."

That Simone Giertz channel looks amazing.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

SgtSteel91 posted:

Should have just jumped the gun and do Mike Tyson v Bruce Lee

FoldableHuman posted:

The best part is that the show starts at this level with Apache vs. Gladiator and then it was just downhill from there until the rock bottom of Vampire vs. Zombie.

Ha ha screaming "we're out of ideas."

bessantj fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 17, 2018

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Because last time Boogie got brought up you had a meltdown hth

I thought Kim was more miffed at the fat jokes.

Solitair posted:

Charmed Season 9 Comics by Movie Nights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46NmN8Q5Jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsuFRb4BWCo

I've been waiting for this.

Wow, Charmed is such a deep well of material for Lupa. I did go through the Charmed season reviews she did and it's really great viewing (unlike Charmed). Also it reminded me to see if I'd missed any Baywatching so thanks

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Mr.Radar posted:

On the content front, Creationist Cat can be hit or miss but their latest video about the She-Ra reboot "controversy" is very on-point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDu004tYiIw

Still blows my mind that people give that much of a poo poo about She-Ra. I watched He-Man and She-Ra when I was a kid but can't actually remember what happened in any of the episodes.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

They don't, it's just another front in the culture war. Like the crying about Star Wars, or that Bill Nye show, all the same sob stories about how it REALLY MEANT SOMETHING IN MY LIFE until the SJWs/Liberals/Deep State/All the Above ruined it.

Even using it as another front in the culture war is embarrassing, but yeah it will get Sargon views.

Floppy drive on a smartphone from our favourite LGR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT1l8Dcjb1Y

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kim Justice posted:

BIG YOUTUBE FIGHT NIGHT is over.

KSI vs Logan Paul ended in the result that literally no-one will ever be happy with - a draw. Logan won the first two rounds and 4 but was tired as hell by the end, KSI won 3, 5 and 6. Not a bad fight (technically better than the KSI-Weller fight), I had KSI edging it based on the last rounds but yeah...loving draw. People on Twitter, whether they're KSI fan, Logan fans or just casual watchers are SALTY as many of them experience what's likely their first ever total bullshit boxing decision. Needless to say, there will obviously be a rematch so everyone involved is going to make even more $$$$$$.

In the co-main, Jake Paul beat Deji by TKO in 5 rounds - Deji showed a lot of heart but was pretty clearly overmatched in there. The most fun fight of the night was easily AnEsonGib vs Jay Swingler though (you probably don't know either of them) - they pretty much just went all out for it and it was a good laugh. I mean...I like boxing so it was fun and I don't regret watching it but a draw is never good lol.

I know they're going to do a rematch but after that they should just sweep KSI and Paul under the ring and forget the whole thing happened.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

loving hell, he spends over eight hours on taking down hbombers Dark Souls 2 video. Then does his own defence video that is one hour forty five long.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 2, 2018

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

What kind of loser would watch an eight-hour rebuttal to someone's one hour defense of a video game?

Oh wait, I guess I did.

It may sound (un)surprising, but I don't remember a whole lot of MauLer rebuttal (I actually tapped out once it got to his own defense of DS2). Some of the bigger points he hit on that I do remember were about how HBomb video seemed more like he was trashing at Dark Souls 1, and how he patronized MatthewMatosis and his critique of DS2.

Max Wilco you loving animal. I didn't tap in, just added up the time to see how hosed up he was. I live in the same country might try and find him and steal his lunch money.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

What a quivering dipshit.

"Be nice to me or I'll continue to side with the Nazis out of petulant spite."

How does one's head get so far up their own rear end?

"Stop driving towards the cliff edge you loving idiot."
"Look I'm not going to turn the car around unless you ask me nicely."

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kim Justice posted:

a guy named Jean-Francois Gariepy (JF), a French-Canadian white ethnonationalist and absolute creep (this is a guy who admits, without shame, to seeking out partners with learning difficulties so he can control them).

Luckily I had nothing to do but vomit all day anyway.

Content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdjzmmcJgDM

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Doug Walker in the wild. Also crazy film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-QjEKjGjg

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Can we go back to talking about Stalin dying being funny?

New Need Crew btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZchzyDPJw

Daniel Radcliffe as Joker was great.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kim Justice posted:

Don't watch crap like that, watch this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJWro7NGBKo

(Well, if you have a spare 2 and a half hours anyway and want to learn about possibly the UK's most loved games studio ever. But I think of all the videos I've done and...yeah, this is probably my proudest achievement to date.)

That was really good. Cannon Fodder really took me back. Also got into staring competitions with you when you looked at the camera for any length of time.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

There was a thread started on the Kleenex story on another forum I post on. It got quite a few 'idiot feminists' and 'stupid women' posts. I had a quick look at the Guardian story that was posted and found the original tweet about the 4yo was by some head of a PR company and the other was by someone who called themselves a marketing genius. The tags for the Guardian article were something like "Marketing & PR" and "Advertising". It's amazing how easily people get suckered by this type of poo poo.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

It stuns me that Boogie doesn't seem to think about the content of what he's typing.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This is only vaguely on-topic, but long-lived piece of poo poo Sargon lost his patreon last night, after months of streams where he smilingly absorbed insults from his fans over his wifeís miscarriage and insisted he wasnít mad, and was actually laughing. It all probably looks like time well spent now.

It's crazy that you can be a fan of someone and when something terrible happens to his family you're all over making jokes about it. Even if he says he's alright with it there's still a certain callousness to it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He's not ok with it at all but is afraid of what will happen to him if he fights back against his own fans. He cultivated his entire audience by being a huge piece of poo poo and encouraging other people to be huge pieces of poo poo, and so now he's surrounded by huge pieces of poo poo that will turn on him if he acts human for even a moment.

Imagine your wife suffering horribly and being too afraid of the internet to just go comfort her. He deserves everything that's going to happen to him.

nine-gear crow posted:

Well, thatís the audience heís cultivated. When you nurture an audience of shithead sociopaths who think Nothing Matters and encourage them to emulate your own colossally lovely behaviour by mercilessly attacking anyone who shows weakness or vulnerability, you donít get to really complain when they turn on you and use the tactics you taught them on you when you reveal a moment of weakness and vulnerability of your own to them.

Losing a child through miscarriage is an awful and traumatic event, but I have no sympathy for the Face-Eating Leopard trainer now that the leopards have realized he also has a face that can be eaten and have started to chow down.

He's a piece of poo poo no doubt but this can't be good for his wife. I don't know, maybe she's as bad as he is.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm surprised Boogie didn't lambaste the children for crying and not using logic to solve the situation.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Has Georg Rockall-Schmidt ever been posted? Here did a decent video on the latest Robin Hood film, which was pure garbage. (Evergreen saying but don't read the comments.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DubOvHnQypw

bessantj fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 12, 2018

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Are those gaming pubs that Yahtzee was part owner of still open? I always thought he'd try his hand at making more games.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I'm shocked that no one's made a live reaction thread about this.

Also, notable British man, is totally not mad about this. He's actually laughing, in fact.

I'm not sure you can call him British. I wonder how much Linehan actually knows about the work Mermaids do anyway.

That's some amazing work by H.Bomberguy.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

him demonstrating how quickly recommended videos become nothing but this poo poo is some serious what the gently caress

Yeah, that was more than a little distressing. Crazy that youtube don't do anything about it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kim Justice posted:

Oh jeez, Ken Penders...Real good talk in this page

I don't have a lot to add to anything here really but I did release a video on something fairly obscure that people seem to be digging, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGMxh5lUMTA

That was a good vid, I haven't played the original in years but always remember enjoying it. That stick figure at the start of your videos is it from a game or did you create it yourself?

Still you can get into trouble from time to time.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Does a video having a high like count have an effect on the Youtube algorithm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Kim Justice posted:

Yes, the better the likes the more likely the video's going to be promoted. In fact, this goes for dislikes too - likes and dislikes are both treated the same in YouTube's system, so if a video gets mobbed by dislikes in order to get it down the search results or whatever, it actually has the opposite effect and brings it up.

Thanks and bravo Youtube, bravo. Also I asked this before and don't know if you answered it before so sorry if you have but that stick figure at the start of your videos is it a game character or something you've designed?

bessantj fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 12, 2019