Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope you guys are cool now and stop talking about loving star wars all the time.

The Solo movie will be out soon, so pretty sure that's when the star wars chat will pop back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Warren posted:

In an attempt to not hurt my soul further, do you guys have any recommendation for old Computer styled youtubers like Kim and LGR? I watched the ZX Specturm homebrew video from Kim and have gone down a wonky little rabbit hole into PAL computers and I have a desperate need to watch more things like the two of them.

The 8-bit Guy is pretty good. He reviews and restores a lot of old systems, and has done several small documentaries.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

In a vain attempt to drag things back on topic rather than continue the SA Drama Power Hour, LGR posted a video about the bes typing trainer I've seen yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suAy6GGx-Zw

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I guess my current favourite is the 8-bit guy, followed by LGR. I love learning about old computer stuff, seeing as I spent most of the 80's & 90's on mac hardware. I follow a lot of the other reviewers listed above, but I only watch their video's as background noise while doing other things, as I don't really grasp what they talk about most of the time.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

frederick knudsen

Down the Rabbit Hole is amazing. Frederick could livestream him reading the phonebook and I'd tune in, because his voice is great and he seems so nice.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Guys I'm starting to think we don't have a healthy society around us.

and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I made it about a minute before I turned and hurried my rear end back out on the street, the smell was that bad

I will never forget a MtG tournament organizer teaching me how to make deodorant bombs in order to mask the stench after an event was over.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I am reminded that it's been several months since the last Chart Party and now I'm sad.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

stillvisions posted:

It's not Jon Bois, and it's sportsball-focused, but SB Nation made a pretty great documentary series about the NCAA "amateur" sports system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qm-P2foSE4

I'll check that out, I've just finished watching SB Nation's rewind series, which was fascinating because I know nothing about US sports and the lore surrounding them.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I tried to watch a Plinkett video once, and it was so god awful I stopped after three minutes.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i tried to read one of your posts once and it was so god awful i stopped after three words

good call.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

dk64 broke my mindset of "gotta collect everything" with those games so I gotta give it credit for helping me there.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Speaking of critics that fill a niche, is there a youtube critic that is similar to MovieBob that isn't a CHUD/Eugenics loving idiot? I'm just looking for quick & lite 10 minute reviews, not 30-40 minutes of rambling at a camera that most critics seem to engage in or super in depth analysis (got that covered)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Aww poo poo it was a Nazi thing? Dang I always thought it was just a 'shut up about anime' or 'put away your Amiibos' thing.

Unless you can find some black or Mexican dudes, then everyone can mark out about Dragon Ball Z.

Much like everything else, it was a weeb/nerd thing that the Nazi's stole for their use, thus tainting it forever.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

If it hurts their bottom line, they will drop that poo poo idea fast, it wouldnít surprise me if they drop it this week. On bf1, get it, it still has a pretty big player base and you can find the complete edition pretty easy and cheap.

That's probably why they gave themselves the deadline of Dec 17 before smashing the purge button. Leaves enough room to do some impressive backflips.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1089214157700792320
Vic is totally a normal person, weird that he's from Greensburg of all places which isn't that far from me

"Risembool Ranger", god that's a term I haven't heard in a long time. I used to be involved in an anime con and only the massive distance between us and Vic spared us from his creepy rear end. Didn't stop the local branch of this fan club from trying however.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Zedd posted:

Seriously it's such a good idea and once you iron out all the links it seems really easily scaleable, it's p much printing money with how needed it turned out to be.

They can add extra services as well, there are a heap of artists on patreon, if you added functionality to handle commissions, it'd be even better for them.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Terrible Opinions posted:

This image is evergreen, especially when it draws the class traitor out of a supposed liberal.

Jon Bois is the best.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I can't believe I watched a 54 minute video about punting in the NFL, but god drat does Jon Bois make great videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9H9LwGmc-0

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

FoldableHuman posted:

I don't know why they call it a participation trophy. It was always a ribbon.

I actually got a literal participation trophy once when I was a kid. I wasn't athletic enough to earn any of the trophies for being good at anything sport related, but after attending this after school activity group for two years straight the organizers gave me a pity "Thanks for turning up i guess?" trophy because I was the only kid who didn't get anything. Nothing more self esteem destroying than a "You get this because you exist and that's it" trophy.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Zedd posted:

I'm going to see Capt Marvel saturday with my friends cause we like movies that go pewpewpew woosh bhwop bam kapow.

The movie is good on that front. My friends and I enjoyed it when we watched it.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

Valve was never shamed into offering refunds, they got taken to court (in Australia, I think?) over it because other countries have actual consumer protections to speak of.

Yeah, the Australian consumer protection agency took Valve to court over the lack of refunds and Valve lost the case and all their appeals.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

rudecyrus posted:

OSW Review covers the 2019 Royal Rumble. I'll admit I'm a wrestling fan, but 7-hour PPVs kill my interest instantly.

Same. While I'm looking forward to Wrestlemania, I am not looking forward to what is rumored to be an 8 hour show.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Bill S Preston, and Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Jon is a loving internet treasure.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

ok seriously when the gently caress did calling someone a clown become a horrible insult????

like jesus that's got to be the mildest form of shade I have ever loving seen

Yeah, can someone who's got their finger on the pulse of the chudsphere explain where all this clown poo poo come from?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why was that old gently caress famous in the first place? He seems like a morrissey situation where heís been grandfathered in to popular culture despite being a oval office, but I donít know who he is.

He created some British comedy shows back in the day, such as Father Ted and the IT Crowd. And he was lovely to trans people in the IT Crowd so all this is no surprise at all.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am sure there is some great fanfictions and some genuinly artistic stuff there. but i know my girlfriend has had a really rough time with folks in variou fan fiction communitie but that might just be facebook.

might just be the fandom too, a lot of them are just dumpster fires you avoid at all costs.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Fanfiction is cool, congrats to Ao3

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

It's actually the second longest work of fiction in the English language

Another fanfic has since come along and knocked it off its perch by a factor of about ~400,000 words.

While I love reading terrible fanfic, 4.5 million words spread over 443 chapters is way to much. Bless that author however.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

excuse me the guy who what? Link that poo poo.

Enjoy this dudes channel

Some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvo86AHovFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539OnO-YImk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgdHZqSIO1M

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Kim Justice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-yfZn5iYJE

It's Jon Bois.

Ok, it seems like a video rerun of something he already did with The Death of Basketball. But that was the greatest article on pretty much any video game ever written. And, again, it's Jon Bois.

A 47 minute long video about Basketball from Jon Bois? Christmas has come very early this year.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Youtube unverifying their own channel is

The algorithms at work.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

So as you imagine, housing is rare and super expensive. They donít just make more plots due to a fear of pissing off players already invested...or some grandfathered things from 1.0. I forget exactly. They did add cheaper apartments, but itís not the same.

Nah, they don't release more plots because the servers might explode from the increased data transfer. Heck, the are releasing more plots in the next patch because they probably verified the new plots won't cause the data center to vanish into a singularity.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Out of curiosity has anyone else had their recommendations tab on youtube bombarded by Kid toy reviews, Peppa Pig videos and Cocomelon preschool television shows? My recommendations tab grabbed them all at random and I think it's part of a marketing push by whatever stakeholders own all these properties, since they all have millions of views and showed up out of nowhere.

Yeah, I've seen this happen on a couple of videos at random, reloading the tab will restore my usual recommendations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Testekill posted:

edit: I could probably make a massive effort post about Slayers and nobody wants that.

I want it because Slayers was my favorite anime of all time. But this probably isn't the thread for it.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

the kpop industry as a whole is like someone looked at american capitalist exploitation, and already existing terrible jpop exploitation, and went 'bet we can combine these two things to make something even worse' and woops now there's just rooms of starving 15 year olds????

starving 15 year olds that will probably be prostituted out to rick fucks ala epstein because as with everything to do with the kpop industry, it gets worse the more you look at it.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Nuns with Guns posted:

the creepy guy who married the teenage model they used for Snow White

Fun fact, the model for Snow White is still alive as of 2020.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

I have never seen a second of Dragon Ball Z that was not a DBZA edit

same, and my life is better for it.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Looks like Doctor Disrespect has started his PR campaign, as a bunch of gaming sites are running stories about how he has no idea whatsoever why Twitch banned him and he hasn't done anything wrong.

It's extremely disappointing to see a bunch of sites just reporting his PR bullshit without any thought.

Has it been reported what he actually has done to earn the ban? So far it's silence from everyone except his "No idea why" PR campaign, so I can see it having a good chance of success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

here's a smart/dumb fun video on something pointless, which planets from warhammer 40k could actually exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jyq-dmIM8s&hd=1

45 seconds into the video I'm shown an Ork in a Hawaiian shirt 10/10 best video