Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Kamrat posted:

Was Moviebob ever good, I didn't like his stuff back in the day and I still don't like it.

How did this guy become big in the first place?

Mostly by being on the escapist, and for me at least filled that niche of his content being short (6-7 minutes at most) movie reviews that went up pretty quickly. Most other youtubers were either doing long, rambling reviews in their cars (Brad) or long in-depth critiques well after the film was released, which while neat, go right over my head because I'm pretty stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

The only big account doing general speedrunning content on YouTube that I haven't heard anything bad about is SummoningSalt.

SummoningSalt is the best because who else can put out a 1 hour video on Punch-Out records and then casually drop the biggest flex in the last few seconds of it.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Nuebot posted:

What's this about? I don't remember Vincent being a pedo but it's been a long time since I played FF7 and I never put him in my party because his limit break sucked.

No idea, except fans put him and Yuffie together for no real reason outside of "pair the spares"

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

So while reading about some academia scandals, I stumbled upon these videos, about the Schön scandal at Bell Labs. There's an obvious Jon Bois influence that the creator admits to but I found them quite interesting. Unfortunately we're at part 2 of 3, so just have to wait for the final part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfDoml-Db64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riio1eKOSKg

A quick glance at the rest of his channel didn't reveal anything I was interested in watching, so if the dude is a chud apologies in advance, I really didn't look too hard.