Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Blah PhD
Aug 11, 2007
Property of tithin
Windows 10/Desktop/i5 6600k/8g ram/Trump land etc

My computer has been suddenly going to sleep after a few minutes when it wakes up from sleep mode. I have always had sleep disabled though.
So to clarify, I use the alarm clock from "freealarmclocksoftware.com" to wake me up, and the alarm clock wakes up my computer when I manually put the computer in sleep mode. Ive used alarm for years and never had any problems with it. This issue suddenly happened a few weeks ago and I don't remember making any recent changes.
Now the interesting issue is that my pc doesn't go back to sleep mode after inactivity if I wake it up normally (by pressing a key on my keyboard). It only seems to go back to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity when the alarm clock wakes it up.

Power options - Balanced
Advanced settings : Sleep is Never.
Power Saving mode : Maximum performance
Put the computer to sleep - Never

Attempts Ive made
-Scanned with MWB and Windows defender (I don't know if this sounds virusy)
-Selected High performance power plan
-Restore default settings for both power plans
-I checked out the event viewer, but the only reason listed for going back to sleep is "System Idle"

Any ideas guys? Yes I know the alarm clock is a suspect, but I don't know a better and basic alarm clock.
Also, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread