Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please do not discuss taping spoilers in this thread. Visit the spoilers thread for that discussion instead.

NXT on WWE Network
NXT on Hulu (US only, requires subscriptions, includes Takeovers)

NXT Champion: Tommaso Ciampa (since 25th July 2018)

NXT Women's Champion: Shayna Baszler (since 7th April 2018)

NXT Tag Team Champions: The Undisputed Era (since 29th November 2017)

NXT North American Champion: Adam Cole BAYBAY (since 7th April 2018)

WWE UK Champion: Pete Dunne (since 20th May 2017)

The next Takeover will be August 18th 2018 in Brooklyn the night before Summerslam
NXT runs tapings, house shows in Florida, and house show tours throughout the US at a constant clip, check http://nxttickets.com/%A0for more information!

---

The Latest Haps, Snaps and Faps

Last night saw the black and yellow brand tear it down in Chicago and despite a card that was on paper a touch underwhelming the stars of the future delivered yet again. It's almost like when a brand has value you can trust it to deliver no matter what!

So here's the major lowdown on what was up. Our latest NXT champion Aleister Black survived his first title defence as he went up against everyone's favourite bald gorilla, Lars Sullivan. The question here was whether Lars would be able to catch Black's spinning heel kick finisher, Black Mass, and at first it looked like he would be successful but as the match went on it got harder and harder until the stiff gust of wind from Black's foot passing about 18 inches away from his face knocked him down for a two count. In the end it took two Black Masses (Black Massi?) to put this behemoth down for good in a finish that made both men look great. Are you watching, Road Dogg?

There was also a title defence in the works for the Women's champion Shayna Baszler as she tried to wrap her brain around the insanity that is Nikki Cross. For all that Shayna talks about how much she loves to inflict pain apparently when she finds someone who loves receiving pain it's not fun any more. Nikki spent more time begging for it than a piss-slave in a sex dungeon and though she got in a fair few hits herself Shayna was just too much for her. The match finished up with Shayna choking out Nikki out while she drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face, probably dreaming of how happy she is to escape Sanity's main roster callup.

The Tag Team belts were also defended as the whole of Chicago turned heel to cheer on the Undisputed Era against Oney Lorcan and Danny Birch, who were making their Takeover debut. Even though this one had a minimal build and Oney and Danny were blatant stand-ins for an unavailable Moustache Mountain this still turned out to be absolute fire. Oney and Danny were desperate to impress and worked a mile a minute with heavy shot after heavy shot and also this loving bump:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1008141739582947328

:stonk:

Oney and Danny looked to have things wrapped up only for Adam Cole BAYBAY to get in the way, leading to the heel manager being sent to the back to echoes of loud “BULLSHIT” chants. Roddy and O'Reilly soon turned things around and claimed the victory but Oney and Danny did great and were rewarded with a standing ovation from the fans so expect them to show up on another Takeover soon.

In a match that went up against some big expectations Ricochet and the Velveteen Dream finally got to air their grievances. This all about 'anything you can do I can do better' and both men proved tried to steal each other's style all the way down to their ring-gear. Although Ricochet's winged cape was no match for Dream's inspired mix of Hulkamania and Prince Puma. Dream also showed off his latest flippy-do training with a number of aerial moves while Ricochet took a few moves out of Dream's playbook with the Death Valley Bomb and the Purple Rainmaker. Ricochet came out on top after Dream whiffed an attempt to go coast to coast but really both guys are winners of my heart and that's all that ever matters.

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa are not going to stop this until at least one of them is dead. Literally, dead. Their rivalry continued in one of the most brutal and violent and weirdly sexy garbage fests ever seen in wrestling. Tops came off, belts came off, there was some light BDSM play... those of us in the thread had some fun, that's all I'm saying. The action was back and forth throughout culminating in a callback to that very first betrayal as Ciampa threw Johnny into the stage AND RIPPED OFF HIS WEDDING RING only for Johnny to turn it around a huge Air Raid Crash through a couple of tables. But Johnny's lust for murder would not be sated. While officials tried to strap Ciampa to a stretcher Johnny pushed them away and dragged Ciampa back to the ring where he was cuffed and received a series of superkicks. Except all of a sudden Ciampa managed to find a DDT onto an exposed part of the wooden ring floor and the hopes and dreams and fantasies of thousands of fans were dashed. The show went off the air with a grinning Ciampa while the crowd told him to gently caress himself and now we're looking at a final conclusion in Brooklyn that will either be 3 Stages of Hell or a prelude to gay sex. Possibly both!

What else is going down? War Raiders have murdered a whole lot of jobbers, Pete Dunne is still real mad at TUE, Bianca Belair is the future of women's wrestling, THE FINEST Kona Reeves is anything but, Dakota Kai might have overcome her trauma – it's a wait and see on that one, Kairi Sane killed racism, EC3 is looking to give NXT a rebranding and Pat McAfee is the best thing to ever happen to WWE pre-shows. Nice jorts, dork!

Rarity fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Your OP doesn't mention ma flippy boi Ricochet. t:mad:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This thread title is The Best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

Your OP doesn't mention ma flippy boi Ricochet. t:mad:

Rarity posted:

It had one small flippy dude flying halfway across the arena.

:colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

That man is a Cat Prince. You mention him by name. :catstare:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Ricochet was the star of the match, push that guy!

Also I dig the reference in the title, one of the best debut albums ever quite frankly (RATM in case some lads in here don't know)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Roderick Strong did nothing wrong!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That thread title :vince:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

HOLD ME BACK GUYS I SWEAR TO GOD

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
A- OP not enough Ricochet love.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I would’ve gone with “Insane In the Dain” but to each their own I suppose

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think you used the wrong emote for No Way Jose because anyone with that reaction to him is dead inside, but your description of the rest of the stuff clearly shows that isn't true :confused:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

HOLD ME BACK GUYS I SWEAR TO GOD

While I enjoyed every single bit of Takeover, my biggest "OH MY GOD, THAT'S AMAZING, DEAR SWEET BUDDHA" moment was when Roddy turned on Dunn. It was a perfectly done swerve with a great instant reaction from the crowd and dawning realization from the rest of the Undisputed Era. Just really solid storytelling over the past few weeks and potential for some good stuff going forward.

Plus I'm a Roderick Strong mark. Yeah I said it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

As someone who only vaguely follows NXT but watches all the takeovers, I was really confused when so many people were shocked by the Roddy turn because it seemed like the most obvious setup ever to me. I'm assuming that there was a lot of nuance I was missing from not watching the weekly shows.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

IcePhoenix posted:

As someone who only vaguely follows NXT but watches all the takeovers, I was really confused when so many people were shocked by the Roddy turn because it seemed like the most obvious setup ever to me. I'm assuming that there was a lot of nuance I was missing from not watching the weekly shows.

Because for one brief moment it looked like Roddy and Dunn had buried the hatchet and the Undisputed Era was going to get their just desserts...

It was obvious, however it was so well done AND there was a chance it wouldn't go the way we all expected. Roddy turning on Dunn for a one-on-one feud would have been enough. Roddy joining the UE was the icing on the cake.*

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

IcePhoenix posted:

They already teased Roddy joining TUE, but he refused and they feuded for awhile.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CobiWann posted:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Really would appreciate adam cole getting some roids in his body, show a little commitment to the push he's getting

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chinston Wurchill posted:

They already teased Roddy joining TUE, but he refused and they feuded for awhile.

I know but it's peak wrestling for the guy who refused to join up at the end of a feud like that, especially with a setup like the match Saturday night.

Didn't Punk join that new bloods ECW stable after refusing their offer to join and then clowning on them for a few weeks?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I know but it's peak wrestling for the guy who refused to join up at the end of a feud like that, especially with a setup like the match Saturday night.

Didn't Punk join that new bloods ECW stable after refusing their offer to join and then clowning on them for a few weeks?

Punk was a ruse.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Johnny not the Champ Of Our (Rebel) Hearts? Worst OP Rara.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Takeover was great, obviously, but I really hate the NXT after a Takeover. It's always such a waste of time. I wish they'd stop recording the next week's show before Takeover events.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
rarity if you do not start appreciating my good friend no way jose i am going to need to take this thread back right now :mad:

(oh god he's going to die such a loving death on raw isn't he)

Phenix Rising posted:

Takeover was great, obviously, but I really hate the NXT after a Takeover. It's always such a waste of time. I wish they'd stop recording the next week's show before Takeover events.

they can be fun! last one had Bate/Strong which was totally a Takeover-quality match, if a few minutes shorter

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

abraham linksys posted:

rarity if you do not start appreciating my good friend no way jose i am going to need to take this thread back right now :mad:

Too late I'm ripping this thread from you like Roddy ripped the hope from Pete Dunne's heart :colbert:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Good thread except for dissing noted good wrestler No Way Jose.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

We thought the same thing about Elias!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

We thought the same thing about Elias!

Elias was always good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Elias was always good

Much like No Way Jose, I agree

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

abraham linksys posted:

they can be fun! last one had Bate/Strong which was totally a Takeover-quality match, if a few minutes shorter

Yeah, the matches are generally good but there's only so much they can do storyline wise since it's taped ahead of time. It'd be nice if the post-Takeover shows could be more dynamic to give them the "Raw after Mania" feel.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i think no way jose has a better chance getting over via the fun tag team route (tyler breeze, aiden english) than the elias route tbh

people do love conga lines though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd have slightly more hope for Jose if they didn't give him Rosebuds and immediately remind people of a failed undercard gimmick from 4 years ago. That poo poo is an instant kiss of death.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Aleister Black being the 13th man to hold the NXT title is too perfect to have been written.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hell Yeah. 13 is the extreme anxiety and depression number

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Aleister Black being the 13th man to hold the NXT title is too perfect to have been written.

Now he has to hold the title for 666 days

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
If WWE doesn't give me alternate angles of Mauro-cam with isolated Mauro commentary for every event from now on, I will literally riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F77Hp0f_nME

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Nipponophile posted:

If WWE doesn't give me alternate angles of Mauro-cam with isolated Mauro commentary for every event from now on, I will literally riot.

Did he call Ricochet the "gif that keeps on giving"?

Edit: Did Percy always look a bald Wyatt Cenac?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Nipponophile posted:

Mauro is a goddamn national treasure and he rules. He is what every commentator should be like in WWE.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

to think there were people who said he was not good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nipponophile posted:

This is loving incredible. I love how much all three of them get into the matches. I would legit watch an alternate angle commentator cam version of a Takeover if they released them all afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That is beautiful, hot drat Mauro rocks. Rocked on the show, but this is even better, like a restored remastered movie, POPPIN IT LIKE A CORK