Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It used to be the thing 10 plus years ago - Rene Dupree, Kenny Dysterka etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

It used to be the thing 10 plus years ago - Rene Dupree, Kenny Dysterka etc.

And isn't Orton basically the only one that kind of worked out? (And even he's not AS big a deal as WWE want him to be)

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dream irritates me slightly because he's so loving good, but he never closes his mouth. EC3 deserves the 5 star just for his little ploy at the beginning trying to get Lars and Dain to fight.

This was a really good NXT and I like wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In better news: http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/wwe-uk-nxt-championship-matches-announced-royal-albert-hall-june-2018

The UK shows are going to have British Strong Style vs TUE on night one, and every NXT belt except Black's defended on night 2.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Most watched Takeover ever. :toot:

Wonder what the numbers were.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/984203742126968832

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Glad to see her back. She seems much more relaxed and happier to be there as well.

"Normal" people ease up so not to get injured before their big break, but she was doing really stupid poo poo in her matches towards the end. I kind of worried she was hoping to get injured and have an excuse not to go. Also she was in super shape for her January Stardom tour, but by the time she left for Florida she had put on quite a bit of weight. Looks terrific in that picture though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Brennan Williams gonna be on an indie ppv tonight? Isn't he full time in nxt I mean he definitely had a Florida show match against ohno last night

https://twitter.com/TLHT__/status/984874324908826625?s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

Brennan Williams gonna be on an indie ppv tonight? Isn't he full time in nxt I mean he definitely had a Florida show match against ohno last night

That’s Booker T’s promotion so that’s probably why he’s allowed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

VJeff posted:

I feel similarly about AoP. I thought those guys should've held the belts for a year before they even THOUGHT about bringing them up. I know they pretty much had nothing left to do in NXT, but I still feel like it was a little early for them.

"had nothing left to do" describes most of the WWE's main roster. Daniel Bryan has:

held the World Heavyweight Title
held the WWE Heavyweight Title
held the Intercontinental Title
held the United States Title
held the Tag Team Title
won Money in the Bank
main evented Wrestlemania.

Technically, he should leave since there's nothing left for him to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's never won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

"had nothing left to do" describes most of the WWE's main roster. Daniel Bryan has:

held the Tag Team Title
won Money in the Bank

He hasn't won the Royal Rumble.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Davros1 posted:

held the Tag Team Title
won Money in the Bank

I mean, yeah, he should leave, but for different reasons.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

abraham linksys posted:

It's also where Brennan and Ember Moon, among others, did some of their training. It's drat near an NXT farm team.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gaz-L posted:

He hasn't won the Royal Rumble.

Needs to iron man the Greatest Royal Rumble for rights to be Roman''s first challenger. Then we can have Roman duck him at all costs until Summerslam.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What was the episode where Black called Velveteen Patrick?

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Velveteen shouldn't be called up until after he and Ricochet have their inevitable 5 star feud.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Since I posted in the wrong thread, I'll just say that I really hope they give Dream at least another 6 months to a year in NXT to develop.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

they shouldn't call up velveteen dream because he needs to beat aleister black for the nxt title first

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
On today's Wrestling Observer Radio Meltzer was still talking about the possibly of Dream being called up.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Dream really needs an nxt title run.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They might call up Dream. They did call up Drew McIntyre (in case you missed it)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

They might call up Dream. They did call up Drew McIntyre (in case you missed it)

Drew is a different case, though. Dream has tons of potential, but when he's not in there with a top-tier pro, he gets pretty nervous and shaky. He's a dude with enough athletic prowess and raw talent that he's easy to carry, and has the potential to be far better than even that, but McIntyre is nearly a decade older and has that much more experience. Drew was called up to the main roster at about the same age Patrick Clark is now, and that was 110% a mistake in hindsight.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Rarity posted:

Drew was also slotted to be called up soon after he lost the title, but he had his injury. Now they just injured his career by pairing him with Dolph instead

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dream needs to be on NXT for at least another year, preferably more. He's immensely talented and amazing but he's also incredibly young and green and there is no need to rush him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What’s a good Dream match to see the potential y’all see? I’m not being cynical I want to like him but :shrug:

The first match I saw was him and kassius. He was better in the ladder match but everyone killed it except EC3 who made up by taking all the punishment

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dream vs. Black is what sold me on him. The basis of the fued was great and they both did amazing work in the match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

the_american_dream posted:

What’s a good Dream match to see the potential y’all see? I’m not being cynical I want to like him but :shrug:

The first match I saw was him and kassius. He was better in the ladder match but everyone killed it except EC3 who made up by taking all the punishment

The match with Black at Takeover Wargames was his coming-out party. He didn't really do anything but jobber squashes before that, but the Black feud and match really showed off his potential as a total-package performer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, the match with Black is a fantastic match as well as having a brilliant (and simple!) story building into it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dream/Ohno was also really good, especially the first 30 seconds.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, the match with Black is a fantastic match as well as having a brilliant (and simple!) story building into it.

It was a master class in how to have someone lose but still win, without the winner looking like a chump.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dream and Black is just a feud that worked on every level, from the promos to the work to the booking. It's NXT in its purest form. Put your guys in a position to succeed and let them make magic.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Plus there was that one classic shot of Dream creeping up into view over Black's shoulder. loving masterful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nikki Cross (and the rest of Sanity I guess but that's not as important) is now on Smackdown :)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

gonna need a new thread name

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh goddammit the image they used to show Sanity did NOT feature Nikki Cross.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Jerusalem posted:

Oh goddammit the image they used to show Sanity did NOT feature Nikki Cross.

she's not done losing to people who aren't as popular or fun to watch as her in NXT :stoked:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nikki Cross not getting called up is baffling unless they are repackaging her completely on NXT.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
does sanity like to have fun

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

Nikki Cross not getting called up is baffling unless they are repackaging her completely on NXT.

I'm assuming Vince and the Beave were not going to allow any woman to appear on their TV without huge extensions and perfectly applied makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nikki Cross is staying behind to beat Shayna Baszler, duh.