Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

quote:

shayna is the Timothy Thatcher of american womens wrestling

come at me chumps

finally, an explanation on why i love her work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

finally, an explanation on why i love her work
[/quote]

Same

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Ryan Alpert is no longer working with WWE creative. Wrestling Inc. has learned that Alpert quit the company last week to pursue opportunities outside of wrestling.

Alpert started working with the company three years ago. He had mostly been working on NXT and NXT UK in the last year.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No idea how things will work out but if you saw the now deleted Bianca Belair-Montez Ford-Dan Matha Twitter exchange last weekend bank it in your memory for future reference.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hi, EVOLVE thread

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/kyle-oreilly-injury-details-evolve/#.XRKgVjHwbIV Kyle O'Reilly pulled from EVOLVE events (replaced by Tyler Breeze) due to a staph infection

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
gettin staph from a ladder match smdh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/joaquinwilde_/status/1143892368636207104

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1143942230861725696

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just wanted to post that Angel Garza is literally the epitome of :smug:

Okay thanks for reading.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Forgotten Sons more like Fuckrotten Sucks

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

BLOOD FEUD BLOOD FEUD BLOOD FEUD

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

:siren:MAIN ROSTER BOOKING ALARM:siren:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

That cage match was fully sick

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Power Windows posted:

:siren:MAIN ROSTER BOOKING ALARM:siren:

The Shayna/Io feud is really flying under the radar as some of the worst poo poo in WWE. Their matches are still great but it's totally wasted on the worst endings and the worst storylines.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That ending was dumb, but also the post match angle loving ruled. So I'm split. Io wasn't getting much momentum as a babyface, to be honest.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

That ending was dumb, but also the post match angle loving ruled. So I'm split. Io wasn't getting much momentum as a babyface, to be honest.

How is she supposed to gain any momentum if she loses every title match in the exact same way?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

The supposed biggest threat in the NXT women's locker room just won a blood-feud-ending cage match by falling face first out of the ring.

GOOD poo poo, PAL

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Big Huski Boi posted:

How is she supposed to gain any momentum if she loses every title match in the exact same way?

She wasn't even before that. All she was identified as was "Kairi's friend" before this point. And now that's changing.

The ending to the cage match sucked, but that's a Shayna match for you these days.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Are Drake and Gibson wearing shopping bags on their shoes or something

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

She wasn't even before that. All she was identified as was "Kairi's friend" before this point. And now that's changing.

The ending to the cage match sucked, but that's a Shayna match for you these days.

Yeah, and then she developed momentum by being in the title scene, which they pissed away by doing nothing with it. And now she's a heel for reasons. It sucks.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Why would you do a moonsault off the top of the cage when you could just climb out? This is one of the reasons why cage matches suck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Because notably two murderers have both jumped from the top of the cage.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Lid posted:

Because notably two murderers have both jumped from the top of the cage.

I assume one of them is Benoit, who's the other?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Jimmy Snuka

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

Why would you do a moonsault off the top of the cage when you could just climb out? This is one of the reasons why cage matches suck.

You are technically complaining about the right thing but for the wrong reason. You should not be able to win by climbing out. Cage match is supposed to STOP the heel from running away. The only reason to climb up it is supposed to be to jump off and gently caress your opponent up.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I guess its fine to talk about it now, but Dave speculated in a previous newsletter that Io was supposed to turn on Kairi before she was called up. So they went with someone almost as sympathetic in Candice. :shrug:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

fatherofmustard posted:

WWE has done an incredible job making almost every gimmick match loving suck. I should probably stop following WWE in general, the last repose of logical booking has been going downhill for so long :(

And god I wish the takeover before Wrestlemania they gave us Sky Pirates Vs. Boss Hugs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Flat ending to that cage match (I probably would have liked it more if it had been the ending to their first match as opposed to what felt like a blow-off) but I really dug the match itself, especially how into it the crowd were. Io going nuts again but this time against another face actually makes me like her being a sore loser against Shayna after their last match, when I had thought it was pretty dumb at the time.

Shayna is great but she is spinning her wheels in NXT as the Champion, I don't know who the hell she goes up against after this.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Shes not conventionally attractive and, no confirmation but it follows her, she might be gay. For Vince shes a no hitter.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Flat ending to that cage match (I probably would have liked it more if it had been the ending to their first match as opposed to what felt like a blow-off) but I really dug the match itself, especially how into it the crowd were. Io going nuts again but this time against another face actually makes me like her being a sore loser against Shayna after their last match, when I had thought it was pretty dumb at the time.

Shayna is great but she is spinning her wheels in NXT as the Champion, I don't know who the hell she goes up against after this.

Mia Yim. The black Korean protective superwoman, they established her last few weeks.

Lid posted:

Shes not conventionally attractive and, no confirmation but it follows her, she might be gay. For Vince shes a no hitter.

I think the bigger issue with Shayna would be age. Late 30s is dang old in the women's division (except for Asuka and Tamina who somehow get away with it).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Can/can't believe this forum dumping in the Cage match end to end.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh yeah. That Nykos jobber guy had some of the worst ring gear I have seen in a very long time. Like I dunno what he was trying to pull off there but good god.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Power Windows posted:

The supposed biggest threat in the NXT women's locker room just won a blood-feud-ending cage match by falling face first out of the ring.

GOOD poo poo, PAL

Shayna hasn't won a match on her own since the lesser horsewomen were brought in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Isn't the rumour that she and Jessamyn are dating?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh yeah. That Nykos jobber guy had some of the worst ring gear I have seen in a very long time. Like I dunno what he was trying to pull off there but good god.

:stare:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Recession Greece is an intresting gimmick choice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that gear rules haha

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgom2VTEZMY

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

The Croc posted:

Recession Greece

ah but you repeat yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I forgot to mention that Garza is bad for stealing Taichi's stripping gimmick and he doesn't even do it as good