Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They need to tarp off the hard cam side of full sail so you get the full experience of wrestling with your back to the audience at all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

bianca being 30 is another reason they should really be elevating her to the top like yesterday

Bianca is still very green and has issues with her selling. 30 isn't that old for a female WWE wrestler these days thankfully.

Her husband just got called up so I assume she will be called up soon enough.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

rovert posted:

30 isn't that old for a female WWE wrestler these days thankfully.

Neither is 38 according to the people keeping Shayna in NXT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

Neither is 38 according to the people keeping Shayna in NXT.

I think Shayna not wrestling a main roster style and not having a conventional look is holding her back more. I think Shayna prefers life at the PC and the training side of Pro Wrestling more too.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Being an NXT lifer seems like the worst of both worlds, you work within WWEs limiting framework and you're not making big money.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

jesus WEP posted:

They need to tarp off the hard cam side of full sail so you get the full experience of wrestling with your back to the audience at all times
Then everyone in NXT UK are all over-qualified veterans by now. I don't believe they even know there is an audience; they think they're performing for the entertainment of the spirit of the video wall.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Incessant Excess posted:

Being an NXT lifer seems like the worst of both worlds, you work within WWEs limiting framework and you're not making big money.

The best deal is if you go back to NXT after a mediocre call-up like Breeze. Main roster money but a reduced schedule and better booking. I wonder if they pay his travel now too like the other NXT talent? He could potentially be taking home more money now than he was on Smackdown.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
"The Archer of Infamy" has to be the lamest wrestler nickname in the current millennium.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Incessant Excess posted:

"The Archer of Infamy" has to be the lamest wrestler nickname in the current millennium.

It worked for Robin Hood

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT last night was fine. What stuck out to me though was WWE piped in a lot of boos for Io, and edited out the chants for her. Which isn't something you see in NXT too often.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Worth every penny

https://twitter.com/smFISHMAN/status/1149331349486100481

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Who's come through the performance center as a homegrown product, vs. "let's raid the indies for people who can already work and lock them all down to 3..errr..5 year contracts?" Velveteen, I think...who else?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Martinpale posted:

Who's come through the performance center as a homegrown product, vs. "let's raid the indies for people who can already work and lock them all down to 3..errr..5 year contracts?" Velveteen, I think...who else?

Rusev, Charlotte, Street Profits, Revival, Braun, Bray, and of course Baron Corbin, who you'll find in the main event of half-filled arena shows across the country.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Heel Io is, already, much more interesting as a character then her boring face run. I'm glad they're giving a character to an Asian wrestler instead of "good at wrestling babyface."

Which does not, at all, dull my enthusiasm for KUSHIDA vs Apollo Crews :woop:

Bored already by Damian Priest. Keith Lee push upcoming; is good.

It felt super obvious Myles was going over. Match kinda sucked but I think it showed Myles can easily walk someone through a match (duh) and that hopefully gives him some push cuz he's good. Boa... well, hopefully he keeps at it.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I didn't think the main event was that good. Maybe I checked out too hard after the double leapfrog onto the lower back spot; it felt so forced. It also felt like SP's first title defense (not counting that DQ against FS) shouldn't have been a face vs face match. But I AM excited to see Undisputed Era being the next challengers. It'll be given proper time at Takeover, I assume/hope. Maybe Strong and Fish/O'Reilly win and Cole loses at Takeover, that stable dynamic would be fun to watch... but would also lead to a breakup so JK!!!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Rusev, Charlotte, Street Profits, Revival, Braun, Bray, and of course Baron Corbin, who you'll find in the main event of half-filled arena shows across the country.

And other than Corbin that's a legit cool list IMO.

Heel Io is :stwoon:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT's resident bump dummies

https://twitter.com/RachaelEversWWE/status/1149846685901905922

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hey Rov, is any of the backstory that Killian is using for his promos true?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Hey Rov, is any of the backstory that Killian is using for his promos true?

It is. Just know he's partly deaf and had a rough time of it during the Troubles.

The Sanity vignettes had footage of the streets of Belfast too.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Some of Io's new stuff from tonight's NXT house show:

https://twitter.com/ScorpioKyle/status/1150237579087945728

New finisher:

https://twitter.com/ScorpioKyle/status/1150238894383910915

Post match celebration:

https://twitter.com/ScorpioKyle/status/1150239150827872257

Guys...I think Io might not be right in the head fully. :ohdear:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

DarkstarIV posted:

Finally, Io is going to show us just how fluid she can be.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That new finish isn't going to work.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

That new finish isn't going to work.

I mean her other moves that she could pull out as her finisher is a texas cloverleaf submission. The only other impact move I can think of that she could pull out (but won't because its a banned move) is the code red/canadian destroyer.

I mean they don't want her getting cheered, which the moonsault would end up getting her. Maybe the moonsault double footstomp, but I think she retired that move since she felt it was too dangerous to use. She hasn't used it for a few years now, if I recall.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 14, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean her other moves that she could pull out as her finisher is a texas cloverleaf submission. The only other impact move I can think of that she could pull out (but won't because its a banned move) is the code red/canadian destroyer.

I mean they don't want her getting cheered, which the moonsault would end up getting her. Maybe the moonsault double footstomp, but I think she retired that move since she felt it was too dangerous to use. She hasn't used it for a few years now, if I recall.

If you can get them up with a double underhook she can do the Angels Wings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

The Canadian Destroyer isn’t banned anymore, but Adam Cole does it in NXT. The Code Red has never been banned. Alexa uses it occasionally.

But I mean she could just do something new. An underhook backbreaker isn’t even a nearfall move at Io’s height.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Lid posted:

If you can get them up with a double underhook she can do the Angels Wings.

The Angel Wings is already being used as a finisher in WWE by Mandy Rose if I recall.

And as for the destroyer stuff, didn't Dave mention that Andrade had to get special permission from Vince in order to utilize it? Wouldn't be shocked if Cole is in the same boat.

Guess we will see down the line.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DarkstarIV posted:

DRAGON. SCREW. NECK. WHIIIIIIP! :swoon:

I mean, not exactly, but as close as we'll ever see in the fed. I'm so happy.

Screw the backbreaker, just make this your finish!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ciampa was also using Angel's Wings.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I guess the angel wings is a transition move. She brought out the cloverleaf (or something that looks very similar to it) as her finisher.

https://twitter.com/ScorpioKyle/status/1150462422651670528

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MengsMullet/status/1150612003565780992

And
https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1150330485484195842

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I assume they'll have scouts/feelers out at the SMASH/WXW/Progress/OWE shows happening that weekend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

The Angel Wings is already being used as a finisher in WWE by Mandy Rose if I recall.

And as for the destroyer stuff, didn't Dave mention that Andrade had to get special permission from Vince in order to utilize it? Wouldn't be shocked if Cole is in the same boat.

Guess we will see down the line.

It was Rey that first used it, not Andrade. Andrade was the guy usually taking it though.

Rey said the opposite: He just did it in a match (because he's Rey Mysterio.) Vince didn't mind, because apparently he doesn't see it as a piledriver.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

I assume they'll have scouts/feelers out at the SMASH/WXW/Progress/OWE shows happening that weekend.

Good call.

I hope they sign up people who have been flagged by border authorities seems like the only Wrestling company in the World that could fix people's problems on that front.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aphrodite posted:

It was Rey that first used it, not Andrade. Andrade was the guy usually taking it though.

Rey said the opposite: He just did it in a match (because he's Rey Mysterio.) Vince didn't mind, because apparently he doesn't see it as a piledriver.

But also Riddle and Punishment Martinez did one at a NXT house show after seeing the Rey match and assumed they were allowed. They were apparently told not to do it again, but maybe that was just to protect it as a move for Cole?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe. But either way, that would mean Io can't use it.

She could do like a double knee backbreaker from the underhook. Like a Project Ciampa/End of Heartache/Lumbar Check etc. landing. That would look more like a finisher.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 15, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe. But either way, that would mean Io can't use it.

She could do like a double knee backbreaker from the underhook. Like a Project Ciampa/End of Heartache/Lumbar Check etc. landing. That would look more like a finisher.

For what its worth, it seems like she locked on a submission soon after that backbreaker for the victory, but I'm still not exactly sold on it.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 15, 2019

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Good call.

I hope they sign up people who have been flagged by border authorities seems like the only Wrestling company in the World that could fix people's problems on that front.

Do you know anyone specifically they might have their eyes on on those cards? I'm going to the women's Summit card on the Saturday and the Progress show. Both look like absolute bangers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Do you know anyone specifically they might have their eyes on on those cards? I'm going to the women's Summit card on the Saturday and the Progress show. Both look like absolute bangers.

I honestly don't. I thought Thunder Rosa or The Twisted Sisters would be signed by this point tbh.

Grim
https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/1150870333517443072

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

flashy_mcflash posted:

you should go to the OWE wednesday show so i have someone to go with

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

you should go to the OWE wednesday show so i have someone to go with

I want to go to as much as i can that week (except ROH lmao) but OWE is at 3pm on a Wednesday and I'm at work. I would consider almost any non-ROH event in the evening though. You doing the Smash show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I want to go to as much as i can that week (except ROH lmao) but OWE is at 3pm on a Wednesday and I'm at work. I would consider almost any non-ROH event in the evening though. You doing the Smash show?

They're all SMASH shows aren't they? I was looking at the 7th because it's my birthday. There's a Progress show that same night that'll have WALTER, Thicc Momma Pump, and some NXT UK people.

There's a second OWE show on Saturday at 3 but I'm meeting people from out of province for Takeover and don't want to try rushing across town to hit both.