Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
gulak's reason for entering is very mortal kombat backstory and it owns

https://twitter.com/DrewGulak/status/997513544815038464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

He'd be way better if he was Velveeta Dream and he talked about cheese all the time.

https://youtu.be/cI0UVT2TRqU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's too bad WWE doesn't do excursions, Dream would really benefit from getting experience with different styles. Unfortunately he has a low probability of success on the main roster due to a number of issues. He's got all the tools and top prospect potential, I could see him going the Juice Robinson/CJ Parker route and finding a ton of success elsewhere.

A baseball analogy for how WWE handles their prospects is like bringing a power hitting left-handed corner outfielder batting clean up from the minor leagues and moving him to shortstop hitting lead off in the majors.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 18, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hell yea Tyson T-Bone

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Kyle O'Reilly is quickly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. He's just so physically weird.

Also physically weird, but in a less entertaining way: Kona Reeves. (That said, I want him to keep winning in the hopes that he'll just be a ball of gold chains at some point.)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

What the gently caress world are we in where people here think Velvelteen Dream and Lars are bad?

Lars is extremely good.

i didnt say dream is bad he is just not very good. he is still green but shows a lot of potential and that he can be carried.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Jenkem Delivery posted:

It's too bad WWE doesn't do excursions, Dream would really benefit from getting experience with different styles.

This is true but WWE doesn't really seem interested in developing wrestlers that can work

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A bunch of people knew about this but kept it secret not to ruin the surprise:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/997660255852130304

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/997660465324052480

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I am 100% behind this team. Dakota Kai is a geek compared to the Kairi/Nikki team.

https://twitter.com/suh_ellenb/status/997663671785611264/video/1

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

It's too bad WWE doesn't do excursions, Dream would really benefit from getting experience with different styles. Unfortunately he has a low probability of success on the main roster due to a number of issues. He's got all the tools and top prospect potential, I could see him going the Juice Robinson/CJ Parker route and finding a ton of success elsewhere.

A baseball analogy for how WWE handles their prospects is like bringing a power hitting left-handed corner outfielder batting clean up from the minor leagues and moving him to shortstop hitting lead off in the majors.

WWE sending prospects to Progress to get some experience and maybe some indie cred would be good.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Nikki Cross's theme is so good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DoctorDelaware posted:

Kyle O'Reilly is quickly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. He's just so physically weird.

Also physically weird, but in a less entertaining way: Kona Reeves. (That said, I want him to keep winning in the hopes that he'll just be a ball of gold chains at some point.)

Somebody said that O'Reilly resembles a primary school bully and I reckon that's spot on.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I could watch O'Reilly's facial expressions on a loop for the rest of time and die happy

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Seams posted:

Somebody said that O'Reilly resembles a primary school bully and I reckon that's spot on.

Pete Dunne/Kyle O'Reilly tag team gimmick

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cute story

https://twitter.com/411mania/status/998306410478759938

and:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/998325722526765056

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The virgin ohno vs the chad lail

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really hope the Dunne/Burch/Lorcan stable lasts a while. Just 3 hard hitting mean dudes who will gently caress you up and break your fingers. It's been a while since I've seen a team with that feel.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A website worth checking out https://t.co/yziqiQ9vcR

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

rovert posted:

the entire success story section is a joke, but including Drew McIntyre as a “success story” with a WWE debut date of “April 2018” is an incredibly good one

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

This reminds me - have Sanity actually debuted on Smackdown yet or what? I feel like they started running vignettes for them three months ago.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
While plucky young 1 year experince Drew Macintyre is definitely some good laughs, man you kinda forget how many people have gone through NXT and have been called up.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

spongeh posted:

While plucky young 1 year experince Drew Macintyre is definitely some good laughs, man you kinda forget how many people have gone through NXT and have been called up.

Yeah, the issue is that most of the ones who are good are good due to being indy vets with decade + careers elsewhere who are still vastly underperforming because they're used incredibly poorly by the main roster bookers.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Keep your eyes open. WWE may be making a major signing for the NXT Women's Division soon. Io Shirai dropped the Wonder of STARDOM title earlier today, and has expressed interest in signing with WWE. Her health issues have supposedly been corrected as well. For those who don't follow her, she's easily the best female wrestler in the world. Some have said she rivals AJ Styles or Kenny Omega in terms of in ring potential.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, the issue is that most of the ones who are good are good due to being indy vets with decade + careers elsewhere who are still vastly underperforming because they're used incredibly poorly by the main roster bookers.

The list of talent who are 90+% developed at the PC or previous version is dire. Roman is the clear highlight, and after that we get into Velveteen Dream, Big E, Baron Corbin, who else?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wazzu posted:

The list of talent who are 90+% developed at the PC or previous version is dire. Roman is the clear highlight, and after that we get into Velveteen Dream, Big E, Baron Corbin, who else?

Charlotte and Braun I think were pretty much all PC and I'd put them above the other guys you mentioned except maybe Dream.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

Keep your eyes open. WWE may be making a major signing for the NXT Women's Division soon. Io Shirai dropped the Wonder of STARDOM title earlier today, and has expressed interest in signing with WWE. Her health issues have supposedly been corrected as well. For those who don't follow her, she's easily the best female wrestler in the world. Some have said she rivals AJ Styles or Kenny Omega in terms of in ring potential.

Yeah but I heard she likes to blaze it up 420 style if you know what I mean

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wazzu posted:

Big Cass?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Are AOP mostly PC trained?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

I don't know if you are being facetious or not, but she's been clean for a long time now. Japan has incredibly strict drug laws and she almost lost a significant chunk of her life due to it. Let me put it this way: Japan's hatred of even softer stuff like marijuana makes Jeff Sessions look like an advocate for the legalization of it. When she was caught entering the country with it (it was planted on her), she barely dodged a bullet. And even then it destroyed her relationship with her family. They've since mended bridges, but still. Basically Io is 100% clean right now as she's focused on her wrestling career full time now. She used to be a party girl type person, but has mellowed out a bunch since, and is seen as pretty much the matriarch/older sister of the STARDOM locker room.

Also NXT tonight was okay. I cannot get over the fact that Lacey's finisher is a goddamn punch. And its not even a good one. :psyduck:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 24, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but it has a funny name.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Lacey is garbage so I'm okay with her having a garbage finisher, instead of having a good one somebody else could put to better use.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
50/50 booking is stupid.

I liked the handicap match though, I would enjoy Dream/Ricochet at Takeover.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't know if you are being facetious or not, but she's been clean for a long time now. Japan has incredibly strict drug laws and she almost lost a significant chunk of her life due to it. Let me put it this way: Japan's hatred of even softer stuff like marijuana makes Jeff Sessions look like an advocate for the legalization of it. When she was caught entering the country with it (it was planted on her), she barely dodged a bullet. And even then it destroyed her relationship with her family. They've since mended bridges, but still. Basically Io is 100% clean right now as she's focused on her wrestling career full time now. She used to be a party girl type person, but has mellowed out a bunch since, and is seen as pretty much the matriarch/older sister of the STARDOM locker room.

Also NXT tonight was okay. I cannot get over the fact that Lacey's finisher is a goddamn punch. And its not even a good one. :psyduck:

Do you think the US being more lax on weed enforcement has anything to do with her interest in WWE?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Auritech posted:

50/50 booking is stupid.

I liked the handicap match though, I would enjoy Dream/Ricochet at Takeover.

~Wins and losses don't matter~ is pretty much WWE's booking mantra. I hate that its starting to show up in the NXT product as well.

Midnightghoul posted:

Do you think the US being more lax on weed enforcement has anything to do with her interest in WWE?

No. She wants to work in WWE for exposure and as a new challenge for herself. She's pretty much done everything she can do in Japan. I don't think its pay related either. She's STARDOM's highest paid talent. Not to mention her merchandise sales are utterly absurd. Her last photobook was priced at $75 per book and they sold out very quickly. Not to mention the gifts she gets from fans are utterly absurd. It can range from small things like food items to actual expensive electronics like a new macbook that was apparently around 305,000 yen (or $2700 USD).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 24, 2018

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
are you io's accountant or something because every time she is brought up you gotta bring up the pop-up picture book and the macbook (valued at 2700$ usd)

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

dang i didn't realize io was so cool. nxt should sign the cool weed wrestler

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope io gets signed by wwe and lives out her weed dreams

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MotU posted:

are you io's accountant or something because every time she is brought up you gotta bring up the pop-up picture book and the macbook (valued at 2700$ usd)

No, I'm emphasizing how much money she makes in Japan. She wants to sign with WWE, and it would almost certainly result in a steep paycut. And the fact that she is willing to do that shows how much she wants into the company.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Io's probably going to job to Carmella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Io's probably going to job to Carmella.

Carmella is likely going to be gone or back to jobber status before that actually happens. I can see Triple H keeping Io in NXT as a gatekeeper to elevate the division for a year or so. To put it in perspective, the only bad matches Io has had over the past few years have been against Mandy Leon and Kelly Klein, both of whom are either worse than Carmella or just about on the same level as her.