Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

fart blood posted:

For pete's sake Shawn you cut your hair, enough with the bandana! You're not fooling anyone! You're a christian now, you're not supposed to care about these things anymore.

He did cut his hair around hof time I think? He must just like the bandana now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
norman smiley does most of the balding

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Awesome main event. Seven played his role perfect.

But what the gently caress was that dance that Kairi did after the match...

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TheCool69 posted:

Awesome main event. Seven played his role perfect.

But what the gently caress was that dance that Kairi did after the match...

That dance rules and no one can tell me otherwise.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I am bothered that Tyler didn't rush in to break the submission since he had just been in to break one up. If the ref had clearly admonished him for it and told him if he did it again he'd be DQ'd or something I'd get it, but it just felt weird to have him helplessly stand there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

If the ref had clearly admonished him for it and told him if he did it again he'd be DQ'd or something I'd get it

They did exactly that though?

Edit: This is immediately after Bate breaks the Strong Hold.

Someone on commentary probably should have said something to make it clearer to the audience though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 14, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

I am bothered that Tyler didn't rush in to break the submission since he had just been in to break one up. If the ref had clearly admonished him for it and told him if he did it again he'd be DQ'd or something I'd get it, but it just felt weird to have him helplessly stand there.

Apparently, this is part of a longer-term story hence Mauro drilling home the "father figure" thing that will play out at Takeover. This is more fan theory than a scoop.

But yeah the finish and not explaining the one save rule confused a lot of people who pay closer/better attention to matches than I do. I am just the smarty pants who heard ex-longtime referee Jimmy Korderas explain the in-house secret rule that the announcers never explain on a podcast five years ago.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

which podcast

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aphrodite posted:

They did exactly that though?

Edit: This is immediately after Bate breaks the Strong Hold.

Someone on commentary probably should have said something to make it clearer to the audience though.

Yeah, to me that doesn't seem like anything but normal ref behavior. It would've been nice if you could audibly hear the ref telling him not to break something up again (maybe you could and I missed it?) but the commentary definitely could've driven that point home.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Genericide posted:

which podcast

Wrestling Observer Live or The LAW. Best of luck!

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I really miss Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas' podcast. They also had a spinoff/segment called Ask a Ref. This is when I found out about that rule too. This would've been 2011 or 2012.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, to me that doesn't seem like anything but normal ref behavior. It would've been nice if you could audibly hear the ref telling him not to break something up again (maybe you could and I missed it?) but the commentary definitely could've driven that point home.

What do you think Drake holding one finger up means? That the submission hold got a one-count?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

spongeh posted:

I really miss Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas' podcast. They also had a spinoff/segment called Ask a Ref. This is when I found out about that rule too. This would've been 2011 or 2012.

It’s also in the joke rule book they released a few years ago.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

What do you think Drake holding one finger up means? That the submission hold got a one-count?

Yeah I guess I'm just an idiot whoops

Couldn't possibly mean something like "one in at a time" or anything like that which would make pretty good sense in a tag team match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah I guess I'm just an idiot whoops

Couldn't possibly mean something like "one in at a time" or anything like that which would make pretty good sense in a tag team match

That's still making it pretty clear that Tyler shouldn't get in the ring when he's not been tagged.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

That's still making it pretty clear that Tyler shouldn't get in the ring when he's not been tagged.

I get that. And it's a thing a ref does 9,000 times in every tag match. Yelling at a dude the same way dudes always get yelled at doesn't come across as "okay, seriously, don't do it again or you're getting boned". I think it's a failure on the commentary to not put it over that way and also being conditioned to expect every tag match ever to have a million partner saves.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

From the heel side, sure.

Faces almost always respect the one save rule.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Aphrodite posted:

It’s also in the joke rule book they released a few years ago.

wait, the what????????

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Lone Goat posted:

wait, the what????????

https://www.amazon.com/Official-WWE-Book-Rules-Break/dp/1942556101

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The amazing part is all the reviews thinking it was going to be a real kayfabe rule book.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Wrestling Observer Live or The LAW. Best of luck!

https://www.f4wonline.com/aug-16-wrestling-observer-radio-bryan-alvarez-and-dave-meltzer-talk-jimmy-korderas-about-hidden

quote:

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns today with a very special guest, former WWF/WWE referee Jimmy Korderas! We're going to talk about the HIDDEN RULES OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING, plus try to clear up some questions about count-outs, closed fists, how long you're allowed to be on the top rope, and more. Plus, memories of his career, the Kurt Angle/Daniel Puder Kimura spot, and more. A really fun show with Jimmy so check it out~!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1018211212771745792

It is cover for her honeymoon and to protect her undefeated streak.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah they filmed that weeks ago and she wasn’t in it, so something had to be coming to remove her.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That promo she cut a couple weeks ago - the one she took a break from sunbathing to deliver - was tremendous and probably the best indicator yet that she's going to be a star.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1018244760606105600

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Isn’t that the dude that had a domestic dispute with Charlotte Flair or am I thinking of a different guy?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I have a feeling whoever wins the (now) triple threat match next week will probably beat Shayna at Takeover Brooklyn, and Bianca will be their first feud as title holder. It would be really weird to see Bianca vs Shayna as a title match anyways.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Barry Bluejeans posted:

That promo she cut a couple weeks ago - the one she took a break from sunbathing to deliver - was tremendous and probably the best indicator yet that she's going to be a star.

The main roster is going to screw her up.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

fart blood posted:

Isn’t that the dude that had a domestic dispute with Charlotte Flair or am I thinking of a different guy?

Different guy. Charlotte only had domestics with her first husband; you're probably thinking of her second husband Bram who also got arrested for domestic violence but that was after they divorced.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

CarlCX posted:

Different guy. Charlotte only had domestics with her first husband; you're probably thinking of her second husband Bram who also got arrested for domestic violence but that was after they divorced.

Bram got sentenced to 500 years of Impact contracts. Maybe he's out on parole now, I don't know. But either way, I'm glad he's gone.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ah, so I take it they have finally found the FCW name generator again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

The main roster is going to screw [x] up.

should be the default opinion about anyone in NXT at this point

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Germansimp posted:

I think NXT talent get to pick their names now. So odds are pretty high that Gunner Chad Lail Jaxson Ryker picked out that name on their own.

Also bad take from me time: Kona Reeves reminds me of Lucky Cannon for whatever reason and it irritates me, since both of them suck.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Germansimp posted:

I am still to this day triggered by the name and appearance of Lucky Cannon.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I think NXT talent get to pick their names now.

https://twitter.com/DonovanDijak/status/1018256438584659969

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

idgi

Am I missing something here?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's weird to wait until after a guy has finally made his TV debut to change his name though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

did they sign him because of the quirky austin crowd that decided to go all in on him in his match vs ohno?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's weird to wait until after a guy has finally made his TV debut to change his name though.

Not really. Nikki Cross worked a few TV matches under her real name too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Not really. Nikki Cross worked a few TV matches under her real name too.

I don't mean weird as in uncommon, I mean weird as in dumb.

If you know the person is making their TV debut soon, then maybe come up with their name ahead of time so it's consistent.