Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sounds like shave seltzer decided to ignore his new japan paymasters and actually be honest. Being honest is the worst form of lying, shave seltzer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Johnny Gargano now has more 5* matches than Horace Hogan!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The Croc posted:

Man gargano could have had 3/4 5 star matches if the revival series had got its due.

The 2/3 falls match is still my favorite NXT match ever

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Johnny is far and away the person who most makes me feel like a little kid again hoping and praying Bret will win

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Do we just start referring to Gargano as Johnny Five-Star from here on out?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Do we just start referring to Gargano as Johnny Five-Star from here on out?

Five-Star Lord.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

There are only 3 WWE guys with multiple 5-star matches: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and now Johnny Gargano.

How badly do you think they'll gently caress him up on the main roster?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It depends on how over he can remain and how much money he can make WWE while inevitably running through the Daniel Bryan gauntlet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kvantum posted:

There are only 3 WWE guys with multiple 5-star matches: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and now Johnny Gargano.

How badly do you think they'll gently caress him up on the main roster?

Closer to a Zayn than a Bayley but definitely between the two

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
He's the biggest face in the company, so they'll obviously repackage him as an arrogant heel who calls himself "Johnny Five-Star".

After a stretch of competitive matches with Curt Hawkins and a 50/50 series with Dolph Ziggler, management will wonder why nobody loves him anymore.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Johnny Gags doesn't seem like much of a politicker so yeah, Bayley is probably the bellwether

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Johnny Wrestling is just something that screams merch goldmine to me but I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up and two years from now people in the WWE Discussion thread will be calling him a no charisma midget or something.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I fully expect Gargano to be the inverse-Elias. What gets over big in NXT and what gets over on Raw/SD have so far mostly been two separate things. Being able to wrestle real good doesn't get you as much screen time as being able to recite 15 minutes of script at the start of a show.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Johnny Gargano will be a great cruiserweight champion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kaveman posted:

Johnny Gargano will be a great cruiserweight champion.

If you asked me a week ago, I would've been major up for that but now I'm pretty sure that all of the Cruiserweight matches on the PPVs are gonna stink, at least relative to the 205 Live matches.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I really hope Ricochet doesn't get stuck on 205, that dude is a star

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VJeff posted:

Johnny Wrestling is just something that screams merch goldmine to me but I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up and two years from now people in the WWE Discussion thread will be calling him a no charisma midget or something.

He’ll be Johnny Sports Entertainment

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

at least he's not johnny tournament

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EC3 left Impact and immediately became a 5 star wrestler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

EC3 left Impact and immediately became a 5 star wrestler.

By getting the poo poo kicked out of him for half an hour. Square peg, meet square hole.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Johnny Gargano is handsome and has an awesome physique. He is charismatic and super likable. He is very passionate about his craft, and it shows in everything he does. His wife is gorgeous, also quite talented, charismatic, and super likable. She also does super cutesy stuff like bake cupcakes and sew her own ring gear, but she can be a bonafide rear end kicker when she wants to be (World's Cutest Tag Team vs the Young Bucks for example). They are a drat cute couple and they would look amazing together on GMA and the likey doing goofy poo poo with Kathy and Hoda.

This is all stuff I was thinking about while I was trying to fall asleep last night. And yet somehow they just cannot get over Roman being the face of their company, and I don't even say this to be all "gently caress Roman!". But he is drat sure not likable.

Yeah, I get it. Gargano short. But goddamn WWE just... I dunno. Even if it's just for the sake of the Wrestlings, I hope someday WWE gives them an opportunity to shine on a bigger stage. I really think they would kill it.

e: oh and I almost forgot the most important part: the fans actually LIKE them. No mean feat for a goddamn babyface these days.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 13, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Johnny Wrestling nickname is gonna kill him deader than his size on the main roster. A short guy with 'wrestling' in his name? I think Vince wakes up some nights in a cold sweat at the thought of that being on his show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One of my favorite things about Gargano (of which there are many) is that he's just such a straightforward traditional babyface. There's nothing complicated or mixed-up about him, he's just this pure good guy who everybody just unconditionally loves, and it's great. Especially since Ciampa is exactly the same thing but as a heel.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That is of course exactly what Bayley was in NXT. And Sami Zayn

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DangerDummy! posted:

Johnny Gargano is handsome and has an awesome physique. He is charismatic and super likable. He is very passionate about his craft, and it shows in everything he does. His wife is gorgeous, also quite talented, charismatic, and super likable. She also does super cutesy stuff like bake cupcakes and sew her own ring gear, but she can be a bonafide rear end kicker when she wants to be (World's Cutest Tag Team vs the Young Bucks for example). They are a drat cute couple and they would look amazing together on GMA and the likey doing goofy poo poo with Kathy and Hoda.

This is all stuff I was thinking about while I was trying to fall asleep last night. And yet somehow they just cannot get over Roman being the face of their company, and I don't even say this to be all "gently caress Roman!". But he is drat sure not likable.

Yeah, I get it. Gargano short. But goddamn WWE just... I dunno. Even if it's just for the sake of the Wrestlings, I hope someday WWE gives them an opportunity to shine on a bigger stage. I really think they would kill it.

e: oh and I almost forgot the most important part: the fans actually LIKE them. No mean feat for a goddamn babyface these days.

Fans like babyfaces fine in NXT. It's the main roster where they suffer.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Fans like babyfaces fine in NXT. It's the main roster where they suffer.

Only because the people who are over as relatable, loveable faces in NXT are only ever pushed as dweebs and nerds on the main roster. If they pushed them the same way they'd be fine.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Seems like it is in general the first card to get 2 five star matches if there isn't any missing here http://www.profightdb.com/top-rated-matches.html

update this site doesn't have like any joshi promotions. It was a AJW show that had two five stars on one card

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Only because the people who are over as relatable, loveable faces in NXT are only ever pushed as dweebs and nerds on the main roster. If they pushed them the same way they'd be fine.

Yeah. I meant more to imply that the main roster can't book babyfaces so they suffer up there for the most part.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

One of my favorite things about Gargano (of which there are many) is that he's just such a straightforward traditional babyface. There's nothing complicated or mixed-up about him, he's just this pure good guy who everybody just unconditionally loves, and it's great. Especially since Ciampa is exactly the same thing but as a heel.
I agree. It's wonderful.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Vince is the guy who goes to Marvel movies and bitches about how much of a dork Captain America is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bayley once talked about drawing inspiration from the new Wonder Woman movie about an hour before she proved herself unable to swing a wooden sword at somebody. That was like literally the one thing in that movie that applied to the situation Bayley was in at the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonder Woman only strikes men in that movie.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/984948811746500608

Meltzer pretty much has the story. His age/maturity is a big concern. But high level people want to throw him in the deep end.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Wonder Woman only strikes men in that movie.

Oh poo poo, the only time she's about to hit a woman in that movie, she chokes, doesn't she.

rovert posted:

Meltzer pretty much has the story. His age/maturity is a big concern. But high level people want to throw him in the deep end.

I mean, if they Kevin Owens it and send him STRAIGHT into a feud with a top guy, it could work, but if they half-rear end it and put him with Dolph, he'll just flounder.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yeah Nixon made her debut tonight

https://twitter.com/DakotaKai_WWE/status/984946898988683264

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

Vince is the guy who goes to Marvel movies and bitches about how much of a dork Captain America is.

There is no way Vince has any idea what a Captain America is

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

Rushing Dream is the most WWE thing possible and it will not end well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dream needs more in-ring seasoning and his character will absolutely get butchered by the main roster writers. Fast-tracking him up is a bad, bad idea.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

There is no way Vince has any idea what a Captain America is

Sure he does! He's that guy from the comics when Vince was a kid!

Benne posted:

Dream needs more in-ring seasoning and his character will absolutely get butchered by the main roster writers. Fast-tracking him up is a bad, bad idea.

So a thing that is 100% happening, then?
Can't wait for him to get the blame instead of the office bringing him up too fast when he can't have good matches with Baron Corbin and Jinder.
Dream should be the definition of a guy who is an NXT mainstay for like the next 3-4 years. He'd only be 25 then!

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel similarly about AoP. I thought those guys should've held the belts for a year before they even THOUGHT about bringing them up. I know they pretty much had nothing left to do in NXT, but I still feel like it was a little early for them.