Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Bram got sentenced to 500 years of Impact contracts.

Congrats, he will carry the TNA brand into the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Dominik Dijakovic.

Uncle Ulty fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 15, 2018

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Why does he put lemon in our tears? The acidity will cancel out the natural saltiness. That’s stupid.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/1018376670938402817

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I, for one, am glad Ember Moon finally has someone to LARP with

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Dear Lacey Lane
I wrote to explain
I'm your biggest fan
I just wanted to ask
Could I eat your rear end?
Write back as soon as you can

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I guess we all missed it because none of us watch Raw any more but last night they confirmed the November Takeover will see the return of War Games :getin:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

I guess we all missed it because none of us watch Raw any more but last night they confirmed the November Takeover will see the return of War Games :getin:

British Strong Style and TUE are obvious. I'd say add a 4th or 5th man to each crew and do old-school, but if they do the same as last year, I guess War Raiders and... Lars maybe?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If they are still beefing at the time, which they will be, Undisputed Era with Ciampa vs British Strong Style with Gargano would rule. Maybe throw Ricochet and Dream (or whomever Ricochet is working with at the time) in for some razzle dazzle

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Posted about it in the women's wrestling thread, but the newest Performance Center class started today. Keith Lee, Deonna Purazzo, Io Shirai, etc.

Also the next set of tapings should be tomorrow or Thursday.

Full class list:

quote:

*Deonna Purrazzo - Former STARDOM and ROH star, has appeared all over the world.

*Keith Lee - Former WWN Champion

*Io Shirai - STARDOM star.

*Lacey Lane - Florida-based female talent, trained at Team 3D Academy.

*MJ Jenkins - Former SHIMMER and Impact Wrestling competitor.

*Luke Menzies - Former professional rugby league footballer.

*Taishon Dong - Former Chinese professional boxer.

*Denzel DeJournette - Former Appalachian State Mountaineers Heavyweight wrestler.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 17, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Good luck to all of them, but especially Tyson Penis.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rarity posted:

I'm so mad about this, because I try not to fly down to LA more than once a year and we're already going to Universal for Halloween but Ricochet might do a half-gainer onto Aleister Black off a cage and then they might kiss.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
war games loving owend even if it was Nu-WarGames

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope they decide the guys/gals can use both rings in other matches, because not letting, say, Ricochet do wacky poo poo with that set-up is silly.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How soon does the new class get onto house shows and ultimately NXT Tv?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TV Zombie posted:

Based on the past few classes, the answer appears to be "who the gently caress knows"

Benne fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 17, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

War Games was awesome and I'm not even mad they didn't put a top on the cage. It's a thing I love about the match, but it didn't ruin anything. Finally seeing one in person ruled.

Also, anyone else thinking Gargano has full-on snapped and will cost Aleister the title against Ciampa? Either because he's gone full-evil or because he wants to make sure Ciampa has the belt so he can beat him for it?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ahh cool cool. Just hoped for some consistency with WWE.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Keith Lee will probably be soon after Takeover Brooklyn.

Io depends on how far she makes it into the MYC. Everyone else is anyone's guess.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

frankenfreak posted:

Good luck to all of them, but especially Tyson Penis.
Guy is also legit 7ft tall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4yrQBctm68

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

wow, seven feet tall. can't wait to see more of this huge Dong

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Today was a good day.

TV Zombie posted:

All the girls will be in the MYC.

Keith Lee apparently has to be re-trained/taught to adapt to WWE. I don't think that's unfair or an outrage a lot of his stuff is very indie.

There's an NXT taping on Wednesday. If there was going to be an immediate debut it would be Deonna as she knows the drill. Done a bunch of NXT enhancement matches over the years.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
I can't wait for Keith Lee v. Dijak rematches that will take place in the Largo loop and they do 10 minutes of restholds.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

So many Chaos Stars in wrestling today, and I doubt a single one of these mother fuckers even knows who Michael Moorecock is.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

Veryslightlymad posted:

So many Chaos Stars in wrestling today, and I doubt a single one of these mother fuckers even knows who Michael Moorecock is.

They know that Hunter is a duke of hell

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

can't believe they're stealing the mortal kombat ninjas gimmick from glacier/mortis/wrath.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Tanahashi on NXT!

...in a War Raiders promo video.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lacey Evans is such a bad heel and her gimmick is even worse

e: Kona Reeves is somehow worse

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 19, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kona Reeves was worth it just to see EC3 destroy his gimmick in one backstage skit.

That Velveteen Dream promo ...promo... :allears:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
100% serious question, how do people who argue HHH is/will be as bad as Vince when the time comes explain NXT (and 205, though that's been a little worse recently)?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
NXT is allowed to be a loss leader as it serves a purpose other than just making money. It also only has to be 45 minutes (+ads). Raw and SD do not have either of those luxuries and inherently have to play to a different audience and dilute the content further, regardless of who is in charge.

I do think HHH will be better than Vince, but it won't be a night-and-day change and it won't mean Raw will be anything like NXT. They will always be different shows with different requirements and intentions.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m glad Keith Lee is being taught how to work

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pressedbunny posted:

NXT is allowed to be a loss leader as it serves a purpose other than just making money. It also only has to be 45 minutes (+ads). Raw and SD do not have either of those luxuries and inherently have to play to a different audience and dilute the content further, regardless of who is in charge.

I do think HHH will be better than Vince, but it won't be a night-and-day change and it won't mean Raw will be anything like NXT. They will always be different shows with different requirements and intentions.

I didn't mean to suggest HHH will make Raw like NXT. All I mean is that he has demonstrably shown a different attitude than Vince about... well, a lot of things and while he is far from perfect, I think the consistency of NXT has shown that a HHH-run ship, even on the main roster would be better than the whims of a possibly senile man who was bonkers as poo poo to begin with.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HHH is, if nothing else, way less crazy than Vince, so maybe people will not be banned from using simple words like belt and hospital and bruise, which itself will go a long way to making the product less hostile to watch

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

can't believe they're stealing the mortal kombat ninjas gimmick from glacier/mortis/wrath.

I'm glad there's more Mortal Kombat ladies in NXT. Bringing up Iiconics, Ember Moon, and Liv Morgan really depleted that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
One of my favorite parts of NXT tonight was when Shayna was coming out, and Nikki Cross being all happy to see her and waving at her. And then Shayna trying her goddamn hardest to not corpse.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

One of my favorite parts of NXT tonight was when Shayna was coming out, and Nikki Cross being all happy to see her and waving at her. And then Shayna trying her goddamn hardest to not corpse.

Nikki is just great. :haw:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave gave Mustache Mountain vs Undisputed Era from last week's NXT 5 stars in the latest newsletter.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave gave Mustache Mountain vs Undisputed Era from last week's NXT 5 stars in the latest newsletter.

Maybe deserved.

Tyler (and Trent, obviously) really sold the hell out of this, and the ending is one I can't believe I've never seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I'm ok with this