Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ciampa vs Gargano Last Man Standing Match announced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntU_o0sjPss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Oh okay

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Eh, not exactly thrilled about that match, but I get that it's a lovely situation. The rest of the card is still stacked.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I cannot say I think the match is a good idea. Unless both men are down and cannot answer a count of 10, there is no good outcome for this match.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I cannot say I think the match is a good idea. Unless both men are down and cannot answer a count of 10, there is no good outcome for this match.

this is the outcome fyi

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The feeling internally is that the MINIMUM next time they faced should have been January or even held off for the ultimate build-up for Johnny winning the title Wrestlemania weekend in Brooklyn.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

The feeling internally is that the MINIMUM next time they faced should have been January or even held off for the ultimate build-up for Johnny winning the title Wrestlemania weekend in Brooklyn.
Yeah they kind of lost control of this and it has turned into one of those HHH epic feuds from the early 2000s that last way too long and have no catharsis by the end

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

This feud has already gone on for too long.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah they kind of lost control of this and it has turned into one of those HHH epic feuds from the early 2000s that last way too long and have no catharsis by the end

Only because they're falling into the classic WWE mistake of doing it show after show. If, as rovert notes, they'd held off until next April, and had Ciampa fend off a few babyface challengers while Johnny, say, won the NA title only to lose it in January because of Ciampa, then boom, you've got a great feud. But they get stuck on the idea that you can't have a blood feud simmer in the background and do other things.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

is pepsi ok posted:

Eh, not exactly thrilled about that match, but I get that it's a lovely situation. The rest of the card is still stacked.

I was thinking they could finally have a contender attack the champion and have Regal call off the title match, but realistically they haven't built up anyone else.

Ohno, Keith Lee, everyone else is in a feud. EC3 or Velveteen for example just aren't free.

is pepsi ok posted:

This is turning into some Who Shot Mr. Burns poo poo.

Great episodes, if NXT did something that good we'd love it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hmm... I wonder if they could pull some poo poo like Ciampa attacks Gargano backstage, lays him out and drags his unconscious body to the ramp, forcing the ref to make a count and winning the 'match' in like 20 seconds. Lets you avoid having another match and gives you a reason to not have Johnny challenge again for a bit, while leaving the feud going if you must.

Or just pull the drat trigger and let Johnny win the belt. Maybe via wrestling (makes him pass out in the Escape?) and not brutality, as a payoff to this storyline.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Hmm... I wonder if they could pull some poo poo like Ciampa attacks Gargano backstage, lays him out and drags his unconscious body to the ramp, forcing the ref to make a count and winning the 'match' in like 20 seconds. Lets you avoid having another match and gives you a reason to not have Johnny challenge again for a bit, while leaving the feud going if you must.

Or just pull the drat trigger and let Johnny win the belt. Maybe via wrestling (makes him pass out in the Escape?) and not brutality, as a payoff to this storyline.

I think the problem with that is it would make Ciampa look like a complete geek and paper champion at best (and that's an insult to paper champions)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Riddle (or Lee or Lars) runs in and kills them both leading to the double count-out?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Right now it feels like they're risking Gargano losing all his babyface heat by portraying him as completely insane and I'm not sure how they work their way out of it now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It would have been interesting if, due to the Aleister injury, they canceled the match all together and robbed Ciampa of his first Takeover main event as champion after he made such a stink to Aleister about never main eventing a show as champ.

Also, I really liked the show this week. I wish it had this many new faces more often. Where is Marcel from? He seems familiar but I don't know why. Nova seemed like she could be fun, too.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 10, 2018

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Does this mean Wargames is going to be Team Ciampa vs Team Gargano vs Team Black?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Right now it feels like they're risking Gargano losing all his babyface heat by portraying him as completely insane and I'm not sure how they work their way out of it now.

Honestly I would have bought into Ciampa showing off by tracking down whoever attacked Aleister and challenging them, because it's the "right thing to do as champion" or something. Heels who have moments where they do good stuff but in an extremely smug way are fun.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Phenix Rising posted:

It would have been interesting if, due to the Aleister injury, they canceled the match all together and robbed Ciampa of his first Takeover main event as champion after he made such a stink to Aleister about never main eventing a show as champ.

Also, I really liked the show this week. I wish it had this many new faces more often. Where is Marcel from? He seems familiar but I don't know why. Nova seemed like she could be fun, too.
Marcel is from Germany and was in WXW, specifically as part of Ring Kampf with WALTER

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uncle Ulty posted:

Does this mean Wargames is going to be Team Ciampa vs Team Gargano vs Team Black?

Nah. TUE vs British Strong Style, possibly also vs Ricochet & Pals

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

Marcel is so good, I saw him on the house show they ran in Toronto and I couldn't believe they hadn't started using him on TV yet.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ever since Aleistar got hurt he's been posting so much to his cat account. https://www.instagram.com/team_pomato/

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Le Saboteur posted:

Ever since Aleistar got hurt he's been posting so much to his cat account. https://www.instagram.com/team_pomato/

It's the only children he's going to have now give him some slack

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I really love that whodunnit video. It's a lovely situation and they handled it in a fun way that is straight out of WMAC Masters.

Edit: the LMS match is rear end though.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 10, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Le Saboteur posted:

I couldn't believe they hadn't started using him on TV yet.
:same: Very happy to see him finally getting on TV.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I chatted to a mate of mine recently who works in the admin side of the Royal Albert Hall who said that the NXT shows that they held there sold really badly. They sold far worse than they look on TV. Which gives me hope for the future of the British indie scene, because it means WWE might actually struggle to completely destroy it like they intend to do. Fingers crossed the NXT UK recordings are going badly too eh?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those were NXT UK recordings.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Still say the albert hall nxt's sold worse because the world cup was on and night one was when England played their opening game. Also it was thrown together late

but i was there both nights and one was real bad i got moved from the most upper bowl to practically ring side

night two was more full sparse around the top but still alot better than night one. But yeah would be happy if WWE didn't destroy the recovering uk scene as we had such a horrible period in the 90's and 00's when we had very little and now there's a few groups in various areas which put on great show with a good bunch of workers.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Nikki Cross may have a worse looped 15 second song than dean ambrose

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ok, so whodunnit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkB2XGeVCf8

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Always love to see some solid investigative journalism from the wwe. My money's on one of the cameramen from the angles using the video to throw people off their scent.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/STRAIGHTFlRE/status/1028004145096052737

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Exciting news. I've been informed by my sources that The Carnies were recently spotted in Pittsburgh. Here's their twitter below for anyone who wants to follow them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thecarniestn

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Exciting news. I've been informed by my sources that The Carnies were recently spotted in Pittsburgh. Here's their twitter below for anyone who wants to follow them.

NXT rarely/never does physicals there anymore.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Roque11 posted:

I've seen Kerry Awful once in an episode of Dojo Pro and he's a hard pass for me based on that appearance. He came off as a low-rent Mankind tribute gimmick down to the mask, voice, backstory, and mannerisms without any of the fun in the ring. Is he actually any good?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Croc posted:

Still say the albert hall nxt's sold worse because the world cup was on and night one was when England played their opening game. Also it was thrown together late

but i was there both nights and one was real bad i got moved from the most upper bowl to practically ring side

night two was more full sparse around the top but still alot better than night one. But yeah would be happy if WWE didn't destroy the recovering uk scene as we had such a horrible period in the 90's and 00's when we had very little and now there's a few groups in various areas which put on great show with a good bunch of workers.
Yeah that was obvious though because the crowd started chanting "Its coming home" when England scored on the first night. I was there both nights too (comp tickets, thanks to my friend) but I think the expensive tickets might have damaged it too.

Which is what I was trying to get at; I remember reading that the original UK tournament in Blackpool (which I also attended) was a financial loss, which makes me wonder if the current tapings are going just as badly as well. I know WoS isn't doing too well (its shite, who cares) but I'd be quite happy to see NXT UK be a huge flop that didn't carve a huge hole in the UK scene.

Also, given that you were there too, how awesome were those Gibson chants on both nights? Lad should have won the belt, the boos would have been deafening.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1029738006729699334

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Gorn Myson posted:

Also, given that you were there too, how awesome were those Gibson chants on both nights? Lad should have won the belt, the boos would have been deafening.

Absolutely everything about Zack Gibson both nights was awesome.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The Croc posted:

Absolutely everything about Zack Gibson both nights was awesome.

Main NXT management like Zack a poo poo tonne.

A good Zack Gibson interview/podcast is worth listening to. He gets Wrestling and Wrestling psychology on a Chris Hero/Kevin Owens type level. Explains it clean and clear. Generally articulate and savvy media wise also.

A true step above.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Gaz-L posted:

Nah. TUE vs British Strong Style, possibly also vs Ricochet & Pals

If the war raiders aren't in war games, somebody hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What's Fish's injury status at this point? Is there a chance they trot him out at Takeover to try and throw Moustache Mountain off their game or is he still on the shelf for a while?