Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
WWE would need to sail that gold boat up to Bryan's door for him to work for them at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Io Shirai is so lovely

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1061449526354079745

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Aliyah looked woefully out of position for that moonsault, tbh. Not defending Io, but Aliyah isn't exactly a good worker either.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Aliyah looked woefully out of position for that moonsault, tbf. Not defending Io, but Aliyah isn't exactly a good worker either.

lol pinning that on Aliyah just because you have a hate boner. And ignoring Io botching it in the MYC multiple times.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Still better than Charlotte's.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

lol pinning that on Aliyah just because you have a hate boner. And ignoring Io botching it in the MYC multiple times.

And you seem to have a problem with Io in general. I gave Io a pass in the MYC because she was only in the US for like one or two weeks before then, and most likely wasn't used to WWE rings. Did Io botch that moonsault? Yeah. But Aliyah is a very bad worker as well.

This seems like an accident at best, considering she's been hitting them perfectly most of the time after the MYC. From what I saw, more people were worried about Taynara than Aliyah.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 11, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

Still better than Charlotte's.

Arguable. Charlotte has the opposite problem. She's so drat tall she overshoots a lot of the time.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Seriously though, what's up with Io? Has she hit the moonsault properly since coming to NXT?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Seriously though, what's up with Io? Has she hit the moonsault properly since coming to NXT?

Considering her only televised matches have been the MYC (taped over two days back to back) stuff and Evolution (where she was on track to hit it properly but Toni got her knees up), probably not on TV (since she hasn't debuted on TV yet, probably at the next set of tapings). But house shows yeah for the most part. The Aliyah stuff tonight was the first time she actually messed it up in recent memory.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

And you seem to have a problem with Io in general. I gave Io a pass in the MYC because she was only in the US for like one or two weeks before then, and most likely wasn't used to WWE rings. Did Io botch that moonsault? Yeah. But Aliyah is a very bad worker as well.

This seems like an accident at best, considering she's been hitting them perfectly most of the time after the MYC. From what I saw, more people were worried about Taynara than Aliyah.

Give me a list of wrestlers have if she gives them a concussion you'll deem it Io's fault.

fatherofmustard posted:

Dijack replied to me saying NXT/WWE ringposts are taller than those of outside companies.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Give me a list of wrestlers have if she gives them a concussion you'll deem it Io's fault.

Dijack replied to me saying NXT/WWE ringposts are taller than those of outside companies.

Honestly I don't think it helps that Aliyah was pretty much halfway across the ring either. Either Io positioned her there, or Aliyah moved out too far. If Io positioned her that far out, its her fault. However, if Aliyah moved out that far on her own, Io should probably get a pass.

And I don't think Io's given anyone a concussion. And it looks like from that gif that Io landed on Aliyah's torso with her knees, not her head. And yeah, I dunno what goes on at the PC, but at Live Events, Io hasn't had much time to hit moonsaults either. The majority of her time on the Largo Loop so far has been jobbing to the MMA 4HW. I think she's only had three or four matches on the Largo Loop that haven't involved the MMA 4HW. I say the MMA 4HW because outside of one exception (where she hit it perfectly on Jessamyn, only for the MMA 4HW to get DQed when Shayna jumped her), she's never had a chance to use the moonsault in their matches.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 11, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Io’s moonsault looks the same every time I see it so I don’t know why people keep laying down for it in the literal middle of the ring.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Io should be working on that moonsault in the performance given where she's landing. Maybe we should stop calling it a moonsault if it keeps looking like that and give it the name "flying reverse double knees" or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ibushi did that poo poo twice in the G1 on purpose.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

VJeff posted:

Ibushi did that poo poo twice in the G1 on purpose.
To be fair, Ibushi is still trying to find his bushido death in combat and encourages everyone to drop him directly on his head

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think it's less that Ibushi encourages people to drop him on his head and more that without fail he will always use whatever control he has in a move to manoeuvre himself to land directly on his neck.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh man I can’t believe I missed the Jim From Virginia Classic right here in this very thread

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think it's less that Ibushi encourages people to drop him on his head and more that without fail he will always use whatever control he has in a move to manoeuvre himself to land directly on his neck.

Like when he took a Burning Hammer right on his drat head in the CWC for a loving TWO COUNT! (I'm still horrified at that)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mundo Deportivo (Spain based newspaper) published an interview with Io Shirai. There wasn't much to note, but here are the basics:

- She has talked to Shinsuke Nakamura, but not about wrestling. But rather getting used to life in America, since she's not used to living here quite yet.

- Her career goal was to always come to WWE at some point.

- Her in ring style is constantly changing, as she is trying to mix Japanese, Lucha, and American styles together.

- While she is interested in becoming NXT Women's Champion, she specifically wants to beat Kairi for the title. She brings up that she has faced Kairi many times in Japan, and that she would love to show the WWE Universe what those two can do.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer:

quote:

An update on Saturday's NXT Takeover show from Los Angeles. The show right now is scheduled for only four matches instead of the usual five because of the length of time all of the matches are expected to get, particularly the War Games match, plus they are doing a two of three fall women's title match with Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane. The Kassius Ohno vs. Matt Riddle match will still take place in Los Angeles, but it will be taped before Takeover starts and will air on the weekly TV show probably on 11/21 if not a later date. They are still taping one television show before Takeover even though they are also doing a television taping on 11/15 in San Jose.

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-takeover-wargames-cody-joey-ryan-zsj-vs-kid-269836

Personally heard Shayna's foot/heel situation hasn't cleared up. Shayna hasn't wrestled since WWE Evolution and walked out of the arena on crutches. The match will still go ahead most likely.

Pete Dunne who has been dealing with a foot injury the last while will wrestle on Saturday.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's very difficult to do the spots.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Unless I am thinking of someone else, Shayna has had a history of leg/foot injuries, so they could have taken her off the road for that as a precaution. I guess we won't know the severity of the injury until after War Games.

I imagine if she will require time off, she will most likely drop the title since there is a major house show tour coming up next month, and I doubt WWE wants the champion missing much time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How much do you need your foot to be on one knee for 45 minutes manipulating someone’s arm/leg/neck while making an angry face?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

How much do you need your foot to be on one knee for 45 minutes manipulating someone’s arm/leg/neck while making an angry face?

This attitude is why Ricochet, Will Ospreay and Kota Ibushi are going to be in wheelchairs or dead in 10 years time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Stop double dipping on NXT UK episodes, WWE. I don't have the time to keep up! :argh:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Stop double dipping on NXT UK episodes, WWE. I don't have the time to keep up! :argh:

Ha, same issue but i assume once they've burned off the massive backlog we'll be down to 1 a week.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

On the plus side, now we're on the episodes I'm in! (I'm the guy with the rainbow flag)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
everyone watch this 10 second video from tonight's nxt with sound on please, it's very important

https://streamable.com/2cmuc

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

abraham linksys posted:

everyone watch this 10 second video from tonight's nxt with sound on please, it's very important

WWE NXT: I made my debutt

Jerusalem, please update the thread title to that. Thanks.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
tell me a little more about debutt

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Given the foot/heal injuries for Shayna and Pete, I wonder how their matches will be. Pete doesn't have to be in the ring the whole time so I'm sure all the other wrestlers can cover for him but Shayna/Kairi is 2 out of 3 so that should be kinda long...I wonder if there isn't going to be a lot of interference to limit whatever mobility problems she might have.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Becky may be the most badass female babyface. But Kairi is the most pure.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1062857588403064832

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcydupPGf78

I know she most likely won't win on Saturday, but I hope Kairi does win, because god loving drat she's really good at pulling on your heartstrings and is easily one of the best babyfaces in the entire company right now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE NXT: I made my debutt

:yosbutt:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

abraham linksys posted:

Oh my god hahahahahahahahaha

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Somehow it's only just really clicked for me that we're going to see Johnny Gargano against Aleister Black this weekend and that match is going to be so loving incredible.

The empty chest made me so sad :( So I thinnk it's safe to assume Io's showing up to help fight off Duke and Shafir, right?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/Tarratastic/status/1062922575565733889

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEPC/status/1062848218516635648

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Just knowing him as the King of Bros, that was a pretty good glimpse into who Riddle is. That family life with a non-wrestler sounded brutal regarding their schedules that I have to respect the wife for sticking with it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nxt was really good today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Kyle O'Reilly continues to be a treasure. There was one hit he sold with cartoonishly wobbly legs and his pin attempt at the end was adorable.