Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Sounds like Haste is quite the forgotten son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I still don't know if Nick Miller was TM61 or 62 so seeya, white guy that looks like literally every white guy

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

As someone with little knowledge of their previous work I was excited for those guys getting signed solely because “the mighty don’t kneel” is a kickass name. My interest dropped precipitously when it was announced they were changing to whatever the gently caress a TM61 is.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
We'll always have that sick AOP match, were Thorne was flying all over the place and Miller was just casually suplexing AOP around whenever he wanted

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/newlegacyinc/status/1073739707866062848

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

There really wasn't any reason they shouldn't have succeeded, aside from some bad injury timing and getting booking-handicapped repeatedly for some reason.

TM61 is also still a straight up Chilly McFreeze-tier gimmick name.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Miller was good, this is surprising but not all that surprising. I think they sort of took up the same space as DIY and just couldn't catch on. NXT's tag division is defined by weak face teams, and strong heel teams that turn into strong face teams, and by the time the Mighty had turned heel TUE had already debuted and there was no oxygen left for anyone else.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

There really wasn't any reason they shouldn't have succeeded, aside from some bad injury timing and getting booking-handicapped repeatedly for some reason.

TM61 is also still a straight up Chilly McFreeze-tier gimmick name.

I genuinely think if they had just named them The Mighty to begin with they'd have been better off.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
TM 61 is Will o the Wisp. Bad move to be named after. HM02 now that would've been badass.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently Miller just had a kid and doesn't want to leave Australia so it's an amicable split.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Which one is Miller and which one is Thorne? I can never remember.

I challenge any of you to know who Tucker is

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thorne has the chest tat

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Rarity posted:

Miller is the one with the big dick

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Rarity posted:

He's the most boring of the bajillion random cruiserweights in UK. I keep thinking that he's going to be nothing more than a huge jobber (and to be fair, I think he lost every single match he was on in NXT UK), but the announcers continually mention him being in some tournament or another.

And I think "What loving melted-cheese brain thought 'Tucker' with no surname, or possibly no first name, was a good idea". Decent wrestler, but zero gimmick or presence.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TM61 didn't catch on because they're boring.

I don't know if they were Always Bad or if it was just a bad fit but I didn't know anything about them coming into NXT and when I watched them they never gave me a reason to care

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

IcePhoenix posted:

TM61 didn't catch on because they're boring.

I don't know if they were Always Bad or if it was just a bad fit but I didn't know anything about them coming into NXT and when I watched them they never gave me a reason to care

They didn't capitalise on their chemistry and personality. Haste/Thorne is great when he's allowed to be his goofy over the top self, but they never got it right in NXT. It became circular too, not being showcased because people didn't care, people didn't care because they weren't showcased.

Losing the AFL gear sucked, too.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

They didn't capitalize on them in any way. Like, they didn't wow in some of their appearances and that's unfortunate, but at the same time their logline in NXT was, what:
  • get a lot of internet hype, then debut in an immediate loss to DIY with the worst tag team name since Tekno Team 2000
  • beat jobbers but lose to The Revival and The Authors of Pain, after which they swore they'd win the Dusty Rhodes Classic to prove how great they were
  • lose the Dusty Rhodes Classic to the Authors of Pain, get beat by DIY again
  • off TV for an entire year because Thorne's knee exploded
  • get like an entire month of hype packages for their return and vow to show everyone how great they really are by winning the Dusty Rhodes Classic for real this time
  • get eliminated, immediately, by the Authors of Pain, again
  • off TV for two months, and upon returning turn heel, for some reason
  • change their name, announcing to the world that they will finally show everyone, for real this time, how good they are, again
  • immediately lose, repeatedly, to Heavy Machinery and the Street Profits
  • off TV for two months, spend the rest of their NXT tenure losing to the Street Profits and Oney and Twoey, Miller gets canned
There's criticism to be made of them for not completely nailing what opportunities they were given, but they got booked incredibly weakly almost from the start, and when you repeatedly tell the audience "these are the guys you should care about!" only to smash them all over again you're going to make them completely apathetic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My only exposure to TM61 before they came to NXT was their appearances on Talkin' Shop (:rip:) and they had a lot of charisma and great senses of humor there. But then they came to NXT and they were just incredibly, incredibly bland.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENickMiller/status/1073896122207240192

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
When you all said Tucker, I was worried you were talking about Tucker Knight. Not that I'm a fan, but if they're going to drop Knight, they should do the same to Dawkins and turn Otis and Montez Ford into the superteam they are meant to be.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Shane should just straight-up get a new gimmick if he's going to be a singles wrestler

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

I honestly feel like Jessamyn and Marina were put on TV way too early.

I feel like they are pressed for time since Shayna shouldn't be in NXT much longer and they need to be(?) with Rousey eventually and Jessamyn and Marina by themselves in NXT aren't going to make an impact and should leave with Shayna.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DoctorDelaware posted:

When you all said Tucker, I was worried you were talking about Tucker Knight.

Same here, though my continuing thought was that Otis and Shane would start to team as Mighty Machinery.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

Shane should just straight-up get a...gimmick if he's going to be a singles wrestler

ftfy

Generic Australian is already taken by Buddy Murphy.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rarity posted:

I think he was the guy who lost to Tyler Bate in the first round of the UK Tournament, right? I know for sure he did a flippitity-doo or two in the match and everyone in the UK thread was high on him at the time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1074106873366937606

https://twitter.com/Karissa__Rivera/status/1074123105428258816

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Venomous posted:

Shane should just straight-up get a new gimmick if he's going to be a singles wrestler

I really miss his old gimmick name. Shane Haste is such a great name for a wacky high flyer, Thorne was a great last name for a vampire gimmick. Jokey cool dude is a pro wrestling classic.

CarlCX posted:

They didn't capitalize on them in any way. Like, they didn't wow in some of their appearances and that's unfortunate, but at the same time their logline in NXT was, what:
  • get a lot of internet hype, then debut in an immediate loss to DIY with the worst tag team name since Tekno Team 2000
  • beat jobbers but lose to The Revival and The Authors of Pain, after which they swore they'd win the Dusty Rhodes Classic to prove how great they were
  • lose the Dusty Rhodes Classic to the Authors of Pain, get beat by DIY again
  • off TV for an entire year because Thorne's knee exploded
  • get like an entire month of hype packages for their return and vow to show everyone how great they really are by winning the Dusty Rhodes Classic for real this time
  • get eliminated, immediately, by the Authors of Pain, again
  • off TV for two months, and upon returning turn heel, for some reason
  • change their name, announcing to the world that they will finally show everyone, for real this time, how good they are, again
  • immediately lose, repeatedly, to Heavy Machinery and the Street Profits
  • off TV for two months, spend the rest of their NXT tenure losing to the Street Profits and Oney and Twoey, Miller gets canned
There's criticism to be made of them for not completely nailing what opportunities they were given, but they got booked incredibly weakly almost from the start, and when you repeatedly tell the audience "these are the guys you should care about!" only to smash them all over again you're going to make them completely apathetic.

That's even sadder to see in full. God that match against AoP was so loving badass, though.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 16, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When they lost in like the first round of the Dusty Classic, that's when I was like "....uh?", became pretty clear that they had no interest in pushing the guys at that point.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Wazzu posted:

I really miss his old gimmick name. Shane Haste is such a great name for a wacky high flyer, Thorne was a great last name for a vampire gimmick. Jokey cool dude is a pro wrestling classic.

Thorne is a worse name when you consider he just thought of it as a play off this guy. Like an American calling himself Tiger Goods or something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Think I would prefer Shane Hastings, since that's a little more realistic and boring

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Thorne is a worse name when you consider he just thought of it as a play off this guy. Like an American calling himself Tiger Goods or something.

drat, how'd I never catch that? The name is cool now.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

dsriggs posted:

As an Australian I never would have realized that, still an awful name.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

dsriggs posted:

I hope that means the other guy was named after Jake Johnson's character, Nick Miller, on The New Girl.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Thorne was a great last name for a vampire gimmick.

Got it. Shane Thorne reveals that he’s actually a vampire and forms the New New Brood with uhhhh Brennan Williams, Dominik Dijakovic (Christ that name is bad) and idk, Nia Jax?

e: vvv No, Ember’s (a) apparently good enough for the main roster (b) on The Really Bad Show now and can never come back to NXT, unlike Nia Jax who is (a) really bad and (b) will either be shunted back down to NXT soon or released entirely

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 16, 2018

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Venomous posted:

Got it. Shane Thorne reveals that he’s actually a vampire and forms the New New Brood with uhhhh Brennan Williams, Dominik Dijakovic (Christ that name is bad) and idk, Nia Jax?

Cmon it'd be Ember.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

please fix the thread title so that it says "Work the Indies(?) No(,) Restrictions(!)" tia.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Do not even ask posted:

I think he was the guy who lost to Tyler Bate in the first round of the UK Tournament, right? I know for sure he did a flippitity-doo or two in the match and everyone in the UK thread was high on him at the time.

Tucker is kind of weird. He's based in Northern Ireland and you'd think he would have been a regular in OTT in the south, but he has only done their belfast shows. And he's alright. I mean. He's quite bland, I don't know what to think of him. I was amazed he got into that tournament tbh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1074853471898222592

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCvN5tXeaI

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There'd better still be time for a Heavy Machinery/TUE Takeover match :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Nice of them to use a photo of EC3 where he looks ancient.