Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Richter Scabies posted:

Late to the party but Kona Reeves looks like a low rent sleazy Hiromu Takahashi. Ticking! Tiime(share)! Bomb!

He looks like Andy Samberg playing a sleazy beach guy character.

Also, hot drat is NXT too thick with heels. The ladder match was 5/6 heels, the tag title match was 5/6 heels (where the one face turned heel). Now Killian faces Lars. Just a pack of rat bastard assholes (and Johnny Gargano).

Also I get the idea behind leaving looking at the lights, but I think NXT sometimes takes it too far, get predictable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dain ain't a heel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t know if Sanity are really heels anymore. Probably not since TUE attacked them.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sanity also aren't in NXT anymore, are they?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not as of last week. They’re on Smackdown now, minus Nikki.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I don’t know if Sanity are really heels anymore. Probably not since TUE attacked them.

Them and AoP basically turned each other from out-and-out heels to both just being grey area angry murder factions. Up against slimy heels like TUE, that makes you a face. On the main roster, they're probably both heels again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just skimming the roster page right now for current alignments:

Face: Men's singles
Aleister Black
Johnny Gargano
Ricochet
Tyler Bate
Kassius Ohno
Trent Seven
Lio Rush

Face: Tag teams
Street Profits
Heavy Machinery
Danny Burch/Oney Lorcan
War Raiders (so far)
TM61

Face: Women
Kairi Sane
Dakota Kai
Candice LeRae
Nikki Cross

Heel: Men's singles
Adam Cole
EC3
Kona Reeves
Lars Sullivan
Tommaso Ciampa
Velveteen Dream

Heel: Tag teams
Undisputed Era
Sabbatelli/Moss
Wesley Blake and his weird MAGA stable that has yet to make TV

Heel: Women
Shayna Bazsler
Lacey Evans

Tweeners or no alignment (or not on TV enough to matter)
Pete Dunne
Cezar Bonini
Fabian Aichner
Aliyah
Bianca Belair
Vanessa Borne
Taynara Conti

There's definitely a lot of heels, but when the champ is a face, that's a good problem to have. Aleister should have no shortage of credible challengers for the next few cycles. You also have some very good faces to chase Cole for the NA strap. The men's roster is a lot more balanced than it looks at first glance.

I'm more worried about the women's division, where it's Shayna/Kairi/Nikki/Candice and then a whole bunch of question marks (and they kinda buried Dakota this week if we're being honest).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is Lio gonna be a face? I've seen they've paired him up with a huge guy which doesn't scream face to me

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Baron Corbyn posted:

Is Lio gonna be a face? I've seen they've paired him up with a huge guy which doesn't scream face to me
Worked for Enzo and Cass.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Benne posted:

I'm more worried about the women's division, where it's Shayna/Kairi/Nikki/Candice and then a whole bunch of question marks (and they kinda buried Dakota this week if we're being honest).

I'm happy for them to do this, as it allows Dakota to find courage into the future, plus the classic wrestling thing- easy way to make someone look strong is make someone else look weak. Apparently main roster guidelines of "don't be a bully" doesn't apply in NXT, and hoo boo is it better for it.

It makes perfect storyline sense for Dakota to be terrified of Shanya, and dear god I hated Shanya in that segment. Saying someone is scary when no one is scared of them doesn't work (see also, literally only Xavier Woods was afraid of Bray Wyatt).

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 22, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEPeytonRoyce/status/988063316902928384

https://twitter.com/WWEPeytonRoyce/status/987935150628638720

https://twitter.com/ThatGuySuave/status/987918856365723648

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They'll probably never put the belt on Dakota but the way to save her getting punked out is to have her work up the courage to finally kick Shayna's loving head in.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Fabian Aichner's theme this week is nowhere near as groovy as his old one

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Kairi found her way of connecting with some fans.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/988260106163965952

She's going to occasionally carry a stuffed animal/sea creature toy to the ring and give it to a fan. With an autograph and little message included apparently. I have no doubt this is meant to pander to younger kids (as it should).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Just skimming the roster page right now for current alignments:

Face: Men's singles
Aleister Black
Johnny Gargano
Ricochet
Tyler Bate
Kassius Ohno
Trent Seven
Lio Rush

Face: Tag teams
Street Profits
Heavy Machinery
Danny Burch/Oney Lorcan
War Raiders (so far)
TM61

Face: Women
Kairi Sane
Dakota Kai
Candice LeRae
Nikki Cross

Heel: Men's singles
Adam Cole
EC3
Kona Reeves
Lars Sullivan
Tommaso Ciampa
Velveteen Dream

Heel: Tag teams
Undisputed Era
Sabbatelli/Moss
Wesley Blake and his weird MAGA stable that has yet to make TV

Heel: Women
Shayna Bazsler
Lacey Evans

Tweeners or no alignment (or not on TV enough to matter)
Pete Dunne
Cezar Bonini
Fabian Aichner
Aliyah
Bianca Belair
Vanessa Borne
Taynara Conti

There's definitely a lot of heels, but when the champ is a face, that's a good problem to have. Aleister should have no shortage of credible challengers for the next few cycles. You also have some very good faces to chase Cole for the NA strap. The men's roster is a lot more balanced than it looks at first glance.

I'd call Dream a tweener at this point.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Are those greasers local talent or development?
I'm sure I've seen the Ascension beat them before.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

VJeff posted:

Dain ain't a heel.

Dain's Irish. In WWE terms, that means his alignment is 'assbeating'.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Liquid Communism posted:

Dain's Irish. In WWE terms, that means his alignment is 'assbeating'.

There's a Finn Balor joke to be made here. I won't be the one to make it.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

It seems like on the Thursday NXT house show, Shayna may have accidentally broken Kairi's finger.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/987745196585742337

She didn't have the splint on while working out, but has it on in other pictures. She still competed yesterday and tonight, however.

Bit late, but the Japanese text says she just split her nail and can’t put pressure on it without bleeding.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

VJeff posted:

There's a Finn Balor joke to be made here. I won't be the one to make it.

Finn doesn't count, he's too short and skinny for Vince to see.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Expect WWE to start pushing GLOBAL LOCALIZATION soon for NXT.

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/989225600706490368

Basically imagine Performance Centers in every country/region listed there, I guess. It'll be interesting to see how NXT functions in a country like Japan though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DarkstarIV posted:

Expect WWE to start pushing GLOBAL LOCALIZATION soon for NXT.

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/989225600706490368

Basically imagine Performance Centers in every country/region listed there, I guess. It'll be interesting to see how NXT functions in a country like Japan though.

I'm stoked for NXT Svalbard.

Surprised there's no love for Australia as they seem to have a decent scene these days.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm stoked for NXT Svalbard.

Surprised there's no love for Australia as they seem to have a decent scene these days.

It's surprisingly expensive for a US or Europe-based entity to set up in Australia. Even if they use mostly local talent, they'd still be moving a chunk of office and production people there to start. And that's a market that New Japan actually has a shot at entering and outstripping them in. NJPW can't outdraw a WWE branded stadium show with Reigns, Taker and Cena, but an NXT show with renamed Aussie indie guys? Bushiroad could cripple that as a touring brand simply by counter-promoting.

In fact, didn't the NXT tour that had one of the Joe/Nakamura title changes draw really poorly?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Yeah, that's true. Might as well import the Aussies instead.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DarkstarIV posted:

It'll be interesting to see how NXT functions in a country like Japan though.
My guess that that branch is supposed to be mostly NXT China since I doubt they've given up on the idea that China is a potential growth market for them and is completely unsaturated wrestling-wise, unlike Japan.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/989247767309582336

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nixon and Dakota should be tag champs

Not for a new women's tag team championship, they should just beat Kyle and Roddy for the belts

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Undisputed Era was rad this week.
Dakota Kai is the only one scared of Shayna after seeing all of those video packages.
Sucks Nikki Cross is being left behind in NXT.
What a bizarre sequence of events to close out the show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Kassius Ohno wore a Larry Sweeney shirt on the anniversary of his death and it made it on WWE TV :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aleister Black is the best champion ever, I love how he's not even waiting to kick people's heads in.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
My goodness it is finally happening
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/989302086478295042

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I really like the running theme of Black being unable to get through a promo without someone trying to fight him.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Aleister Black is the best champion ever, I love how he's not even waiting to kick people's heads in.

Him interrupting Young’s rant with “do you want to fight for this title or not” was a perfect reaction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought maybe I had finally managed to get over my blinding, white-hot rage every time I saw Ciampa on-screen dishing out another beatdown to Gargano. Maybe they'd finally run the storyline too long, I thought.

Then I saw him standing on the roof waving goodbye to Johnny's corpse and all that wonderful childish fury at the bad guy come flooding back :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god Ciampa's full on supervillain moment was perfect

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Surely they had no time to promote the rookie newbie Ricochet this week because of more important segments like Tino turning on Moss.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Rarity posted:

Sanity getting written off by three straight spinkicks to the face was perfect.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Surely they had no time to promote the rookie newbie Ricochet this week because of more important segments like Tino turning on Moss.

Ricochet had a match last week.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah they probably don’t want to have Ricochet do 3-4 jobber squashes in one set of tapings, the crowd will stop caring real quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I thought maybe I had finally managed to get over my blinding, white-hot rage every time I saw Ciampa on-screen dishing out another beatdown to Gargano. Maybe they'd finally run the storyline too long, I thought.

Then I saw him standing on the roof waving goodbye to Johnny's corpse and all that wonderful childish fury at the bad guy come flooding back :allears:

I liked the beatdown, mainly because Gargano/Black seemed to come way too early in Black's reign, however part of my mind was thinking "how the hell do you top an unsanctioned match in a storyline?"

Then I saw Ciampa on top of the trailer and felt like a 11-year old kid hating Jake Roberts for letting Damien bite Randy Savage all over again.