Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

think of it as this

the nxt champion is the champion of nxt globally.

the nxt north america champion is the champion of north america, on par with the uk champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

think of it as this

the nxt champion is the champion of nxt globally.

the nxt north america champion is the champion of north america, on par with the uk champion.

I genuinely think this is the end goal, considering how much HHH worships at the feet of Travelling NWA Champion Ric Flair.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yeah it makes the most sense to think of the NA title as something that came after the UK title

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it feels to me like they're trying to prestige it up. it's only been around for what, a year? i think main eventers bouncing it around is supposed to just sell the title as desirable.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I think it is nice that the titles are treated as being of equal value.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dr. Baker posted:

I think it is nice that the titles are treated as being of equal value.

Johnny and Tomasso would disagree.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

The simplest solution to the world title would be Gargano/KUSHIDA for the vacant belt because it doesn't take anyone away from any established angles.
Give me Kushida vs Pete in some kinda mini tournament, thanks

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Give me Kushida vs Pete in some kinda mini tournament, thanks

Having a tournament with guys from a bunch of different countries would be a real good kayfabe excuse to elevate the NXT Championship to a World Championship.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Having a tournament with guys from a bunch of different countries would be a real good kayfabe excuse to elevate the NXT Championship to a World Championship.

Counter book the G1 with a round robin tournament, but just wrestle two hundred matches in front of Full Sail over the course of a week and cut it up in post

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tonight we get Black/Ricochet vs. DIY, BSS vs. Forgotten Sons, and Io vs. Bianca. Should be good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RobertStrauss/status/1105989311982436353

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm so glad I never read NXT spoilers. I went into Io/Bianca thinking "the best and obvious outcome is Io wins, setting up Io/Shayna." I was wrong and we get a better match at NXT Takeover!!! Gimme that four way, gimme all that good wrestling. Only way it'd be better is it Candace stopped being "Johnny's wife" and was in the match.

Ricochet/Black and #DIY delivered, of course. My soul wept with the double submission callback. I could watch DIY wrestle forever. So tragic we lost Ciampa before the finale of this 2 year storyline.

Forgotten Sons still suck.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

So tragic we lost Ciampa before the finale of this 2 year storyline.

No kidding :smith: Especially after that angle to end the episode (spoiler is from tonight's episode - I know it already aired, but I feel like a lot of us watch NXT on delay so I don't want to ruin anything.)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Apparently Kairi Sane runs in place like a Flintstones' character to build up speed before doing a run-in

:allears:

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Angry Grimace posted:

Apparently Kairi Sane runs in place like a Flintstones' character to build up speed before doing a run-in

:allears:

Lmao the really urgent spyglass mime is great

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Kairi Sane has had a long and illustrious career, but that's the best thing she's ever done.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kairi Sane has had a long and illustrious career, but that's the best thing she's ever done.

It doesn't beat that time she hummed her own theme to accept one of the NXT awards :colbert:

In conclusion, Kairi Sane is adorable.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Rarity posted:

It doesn't beat that time she hummed her own theme to accept one of the NXT awards :colbert:

:hmmyes:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rarity posted:

Excuse me she didn't hum it, she sang it with the words "yo ho ho"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So apparently Hulu comes free with Spotify now so I guess I can watch NXT without paying for the Network and feeling like I need to take seven showers.

Wait, does Hulu get Takeovers?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

VJeff posted:

So apparently Hulu comes free with Spotify now so I guess I can watch NXT without paying for the Network and feeling like I need to take seven showers.

Wait, does Hulu get Takeovers?

Not live, but you generally get them the morning after they air.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lumbermouth posted:

Not live, but you generally get them the morning after they air.

I can live with that.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Forgotten Sons still suck.

Forgotten Sucks

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Someone let me know when Jeet Rama is on tv so I know when to pay attention to a superstar

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mary Annette posted:

Forgotten Sucks

No joke I'll be legit mad if they win. They have "go away for fucks sake" heat for me. Just a black hole of suck.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
If I could I'd trade the Forgotten Sons for Sanity back so the Forgotten Sons can go to the dark abyss Sanity's currently dwelling.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Sanity vs the Usos or Sanity vs the New Day could have been so cool.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Bumper Stickup posted:

No joke I'll be legit mad if they win. They have "go away for fucks sake" heat for me. Just a black hole of suck.

Their entrance music is fuckin' lit. On several occasions now, I'll have NXT up, but since it'll be commentary or something, I'll have it minimized. Then the theme will play and I'll get really interested. "drat that's some filthy thrash-inspired poo poo," I'll think. "I wonder who this new guy is with the awesome music."

Then I'll see it's the Forgotten Sons and suddenly remember they exist and I hate them. So... yeah, I guess their name is pretty appropriate, come to think.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Even having read the spoilers, the whole last 20 minutes of NXT was so satisfying.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Anyone have any idea when Takeover TOronto tickets go on sale? Summer slam went on sale today but it looks like NXT was only part of a four day package with SS, Raw and Smackdown tix.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
My boys

*sheds single tear*

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I love Baszler but I'm not sure how I feel about the NXT Women's division becoming "nobody knows how to counter a sleeper"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Baszler is basically female Randy Orton for me. Very competent but just boring as gently caress and little variation in the body of work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Baszler is basically female Randy Orton for me. Very competent but just boring as gently caress and little variation in the body of work.

Sounds like a post-Mania callup

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

oldskool posted:

I love Baszler but I'm not sure how I feel about the NXT Women's division becoming "nobody knows how to counter a sleeper"

Several people have actually countered it pretty well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I find the Baszler/Suzuki comparison way more apt. She's just this cruel rear end in a top hat who gets off on hurting people and choking them out.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Dacap posted:

Anyone have any idea when Takeover TOronto tickets go on sale? Summer slam went on sale today but it looks like NXT was only part of a four day package with SS, Raw and Smackdown tix.

I would also like to know this. Oddly enough Takeover tickets are listed as on sale on reseller tickets, but not Ticketmaster. And some of them are only listed as "WWE NXT show" instead of Takeover, so I'm doubly wary.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I wouldn't be shocked if this upcoming title match is Baszler's farewell match in NXT, to be honest. Especially if the rumors of Ronda taking a hiatus right after WM are true. I can see Shayna debuting and choking out Becky the first RAW after WM. The only question is who would be the NXT Women's champion. Every woman in that match has a credible claim to the title. I figure Bianca and Io are the most likely candidates to win it though.

But to be honest, I kind of have to give the edge to Bianca with the caveat being that her reign probably won't last very long. Kairi and Io will probably end up feuding with Sasha and Bayley at the rumored Takeover: San Jose show in June. But after that, I can see the Sky Pirates splitting, and WWE putting the title on either Kairi or Io before Takeover: Toronto (Summerslam weekend) in order to have a major women's match (Kairi vs Io) on the card. Especially since NXT is averse to having more than five matches per Takeover, along with them refusing to have more than one women's match on the card (last time it happened I think was Ember Moon's debut match in NXT).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 16, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They've occasionally done 6, I think although #6 is normally a squash debut.

And the 5 match thing is a positive, not a negative, although I concede that they could stand to make the fifth match another women's match from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Bianca is probably the right choice to put the title on. She's at a good point in her character where she could easily wrestle as Heel or Face as needed without seriously changing up her character. That way, whoever they need her to fight, depending on what they want to do with the other ladies, she can slide right in. She offers the potential for the most good feuds with the least amount of unnecessary effort.