Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This thread title is The Best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I know but it's peak wrestling for the guy who refused to join up at the end of a feud like that, especially with a setup like the match Saturday night.

Didn't Punk join that new bloods ECW stable after refusing their offer to join and then clowning on them for a few weeks?

Punk was a ruse.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Percy is the MVP of that video though.

What I love about that video (besides everything) is the fact that it shows how much every NXT announcer, even Percy, isn't afraid to lose their poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Just skimming the roster page right now for current alignments:

Face: Men's singles
Aleister Black
Johnny Gargano
Ricochet
Tyler Bate
Kassius Ohno
Trent Seven
Lio Rush

Face: Tag teams
Street Profits
Heavy Machinery
Danny Burch/Oney Lorcan
War Raiders (so far)
TM61

Face: Women
Kairi Sane
Dakota Kai
Candice LeRae
Nikki Cross

Heel: Men's singles
Adam Cole
EC3
Kona Reeves
Lars Sullivan
Tommaso Ciampa
Velveteen Dream

Heel: Tag teams
Undisputed Era
Sabbatelli/Moss
Wesley Blake and his weird MAGA stable that has yet to make TV

Heel: Women
Shayna Bazsler
Lacey Evans

Tweeners or no alignment (or not on TV enough to matter)
Pete Dunne
Cezar Bonini
Fabian Aichner
Aliyah
Bianca Belair
Vanessa Borne
Taynara Conti

There's definitely a lot of heels, but when the champ is a face, that's a good problem to have. Aleister should have no shortage of credible challengers for the next few cycles. You also have some very good faces to chase Cole for the NA strap. The men's roster is a lot more balanced than it looks at first glance.

I'm more worried about the women's division, where it's Shayna/Kairi/Nikki/Candice and then a whole bunch of question marks (and they kinda buried Dakota this week if we're being honest).

I'd call Dream a tweener at this point.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bianca is terrifying and could quite possibly rip me in half. :stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CobiWann posted:

"A eighth grader who gets upset that a sixth grader is better then him."

Oh my God. Genius.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Um... you guys? Holy poo poo.

https://youtu.be/0C1iLsB4-ok

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

velveteen dream is not very good

He's actually really loving good especially given that he's like 23 or something insane like that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

What is his gimmick? Before I started watching nxt regularly I saw when he first came he was supposed to be a play on Prince but that seems to be abandoned

No it's definitely still Prince and it rules. Also I'd say his match with Black was a little more than a carry job. Like obviously Aleister guided him but it wasn't a broom type deal. He held his own.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

He'd be way better if he was Velveeta Dream and he talked about cheese all the time.

https://youtu.be/cI0UVT2TRqU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

??????? who else would be coming in to the performance center? like they arent there to train up schlubs with 0 upside. people are either going to come in 1) experienced 2) athletic with a look. Braun's wrestling/sports entertaining chops were trained by the PC/WWE so hes one of the few homegrown legit wwe successes

Seriously that's a loving stupid argument for why he shouldn't count, what the hell.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

The flips are second to none but I'm not big on Ricochet's work on the mic, the crowd seems super into it tho so maybe it's just me. :shrug:

It's Taker Syndrome. Taker is utter poo poo on the mic but he makes up for it with insane presence.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Will know closer to the time but I strongly believe ICW and PROGRESS will be added to the WWE Network.

gently caress yes. I really hope you're right, Rov.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrBling posted:

are TM61 officially renamed to The Mighty? Because that name change was long overdue.

Yeah.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I'm assuming the new UK show will be on the Network?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’ll be okay if it’s first run on the network and like a Saturday morning airing of it on FS1 or something but ugh if it’s coming off the network

Yeah this. This is deeply upsetting to me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

God having the crowd just constantly dual chant both teams got annoying pretty fast

It's the only time I have ever thought that an honest to God hot crowd not trying to get themselves over was an active detriment to a match. They just WOULDN'T SHUT THE gently caress UP.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Tag title match was sublime. It's the little things; I assume it takes a ton of awareness and skill to get into a finisher just inches – but no closer – to making a tag.

Had to mute the first half of it, though.

What are you

UNDISPUTED

MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN

(gently caress I hate Full Sail sometimes)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
100% serious question, how do people who argue HHH is/will be as bad as Vince when the time comes explain NXT (and 205, though that's been a little worse recently)?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pressedbunny posted:

NXT is allowed to be a loss leader as it serves a purpose other than just making money. It also only has to be 45 minutes (+ads). Raw and SD do not have either of those luxuries and inherently have to play to a different audience and dilute the content further, regardless of who is in charge.

I do think HHH will be better than Vince, but it won't be a night-and-day change and it won't mean Raw will be anything like NXT. They will always be different shows with different requirements and intentions.

I didn't mean to suggest HHH will make Raw like NXT. All I mean is that he has demonstrably shown a different attitude than Vince about... well, a lot of things and while he is far from perfect, I think the consistency of NXT has shown that a HHH-run ship, even on the main roster would be better than the whims of a possibly senile man who was bonkers as poo poo to begin with.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

One of my favorite parts of NXT tonight was when Shayna was coming out, and Nikki Cross being all happy to see her and waving at her. And then Shayna trying her goddamn hardest to not corpse.

Nikki is just great. :haw:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

It barely needs to be said at this point but Bianca is the best promo in WWE.

LOL no she's not. Best female promo absolutely yes.

Also I can't stand anything else about Lacey Evans but I don't mind saying her theme song bangs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Veryslightlymad posted:

He's been distinctly above average since he got back from filming Marine 4(?). Of course, his feuds were with Roman Reigns (which he actually won), Finn Balor, and Seth Rollins (the latter two at the same time), and that sort of thing can make just about anyone look good. Plus he seemed to have legitimately good chemistry in ring with Seth. Seeing as it seems we're going full steam ahead with Miz/Bryan, I can't imagine that changing anytime soon.

Honestly, in the IC Match at Wrestlemania, he put in a better, crisper looking performance than Finn did. I think a person would have to be crazy or deliberately trolling to proclaim "Miz is better in ring than Finn", but I think it's now become fair to say that Miz's Ceiling has surpassed Finn's Floor, which is probably considerably above where people would have put him just a few years back.

You're out of your mind.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Your Parents posted:

He's going to be a future world champion and star for years.

LMFAO.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

What's Fish's injury status at this point? Is there a chance they trot him out at Takeover to try and throw Moustache Mountain off their game or is he still on the shelf for a while?

He tore his ACL like...at most 6 months ago so no way.

March 4th.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 16, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

If you didn't know already Kacy Catanzaro is tiny:

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1030536351559561216

That emoji is smiling more than Lance ever has in his life.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently HHH said at the post show press conference (which I guess isn’t in kayfabe?) that Johnny actually did hurt himself and the finish was changed on the fly.

There's no loving way they changed the finish on the fly that quickly. It was too well coreographed unless HHH literally used those words.

That show was awesome but the main event left a sour taste in my mouth probably more than any Takeover in history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna say it, that finish was some main roster poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LupusAter posted:

The "problem" with the Gargano/Ciampa finish is that "Johnny's anger costs him the win" it's the only one that makes sense at this point of the story, and it's also way easier to pull off in a triple threat than a last man standing.

Also they just did it last Takeover so it's really repetitive and makes your top face look like poo poo (which is why I'm saying it was main roster-esque).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys. Gargano/Ciampa is NXT's Ambrose/Rollins. It just hit me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fart blood posted:

So they’ll become friends again for no other reason than “they’re both babyface at the same time”?

Eventually. But also Johnny was the hottest face in NXT, I say was because last night was the tipping point and they didn't pull the trigger on it. It wasn't quite Ghost Bray bad, but it was close.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OctoberCountry posted:

So it was good at first but went on way too long and just ended up cooling off the hottest babyface on the show?

Right in one.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Listen I know we all have opinions but the idea that this was even in the same galaxy as Deans spooky ghost adventure is crazy

I'd argue in terms of making the victim look like a geek it's almost worse because it's the second time in a loving row.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. rear end posted:

Is that what you actually saw last night because we must have been watching different shows then

The problem isn't what happened. It's that it's almost literally the same finish as last time and a babyface should learn from fuckups like that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. rear end posted:

And he will! But this is the same guy who just a couple weeks ago practically handed Ciampa the title because he couldn’t leave well enough alone. Character development doesn’t happen that quickly lest it come off as super loving hacky. At no point last night did Gargano look like someone who was trying to win a championship. He just wanted to hurt Ciampa, and that’s what cost him, again. It’s a little ho-hum considering they just did that two months ago, sure, but they’ve been spending the time since showing that Gargano has not wised up even a bit since then.

Dude, it was a great match but the finish was rear end. Just accept it. Your justification worked for Chicago, not here.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Ciampa should have won straight up after burying Johnny under all that poo poo ringside. Taking out a ring crew member accidentally in his blind rage fits the story and if the feud is seriously going to continue him being trapped under stuff is a more valid way to say "you could keep me down for good" instead of running too fast.

When that happened I honestly thought Johnny was winning. The other thing I thought was that there totally should have been a "Johnny Voorhees" chant.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe it's just because of your posts that I'm conditioned to think this but I wonder if the "MOAR" is a subtle reference to anything other than more.

Once people are featured/seen on WWE programming like being seen at a Takeover like Riddle and Lee, that's basically reporting to NXT, right? Or is there a more complicated process?

As I understand it, reporting to NXT is like... the first day of school if you will. Contract signed, medical passed, etc. When you report, you're there. It's done. If I'm wrong someone is welcome to correct me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

So what you're saying is Vince will hate him.

Apropos of nothing: Regal reaction faces still rule and him listening to Otis last week was a wonderful bit of sunshine in my life.

Dana is worse than Vince

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

How many murders has Dana covered up

Almost certainly one somewhere, surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Nick Diaz got suspended 3 times for weed and he had the at-one-point biggest UFC fight ever against McGregor which was worth a lot of money, so it's also weird people think it's an anti-Riddle thing nobody else ever had to deal with or didn't overcome

For me it's more just an indication that America's drug priorities are turbofucked.